Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 am

Alanz wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:If you have a jazzed up and funky phone, Tony, you may well be able to block the incoming number.

My phone only cost £7 and is pay as you go. :roll:

If your phone only cost £7 i'd tend to bin it and get a better one :D

Why? I hardly ever use it and it does what I want it to do. I don't see the point of paying money for extras I'll never use, when all I want is something to text with or receive the occasional call on.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am

agree. my phone is like 6 years old, but it still works (not perfectly i'll admit, but does what I need it to). don't need any fancy features. have an mp3 player if i want music, have a comp and consoles if I want to play games. i'm good. :)
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Penfold » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am

I agree with Tony. I don't even own a mobile phone although I do borrow one (which is about ten years old) when I go walking in the country, just in case of accident or I get stranded. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Not much point in ditching the phone, if he uses the same sim card (ie, phone number).

He'll still get plagued.

'Ere Tone. You tried putting the mobile number that texts you into Google and see what comes up?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Yes, I tried that. I often do that when I get odd calls. Nothing really showed up. I suspect they'll get fed up before I do. ;)
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:26 pm

If they're so stupid they haven't blocked the number, you should put it into the hands of the police. You'd be doing society a favour.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:18 pm

What i meant to say was to bin the sim card and get a new one, I've got an I phone only because my Daughters have one and i wanted one, plus you get free e-mails and what's app you can send free Pictures :D
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Pain in the bum letting everyone know your new number, mind.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Pain in the bum letting everyone know your new number, mind.

I've had the same number with about five different phones. I've either switch the SIM to the new phone or gotten the people at T-Mobile to be sure to give me the same number. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:56 pm

It's either that or keep getting the wierd texts, Or involve the Police :?:
Alanz

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Alanz wrote:It's either that or keep getting the wierd texts, Or involve the Police :?:

It's only a "minor niggle", hence posting it here. I'll just ignore them until they go away. ;)
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Actually, it'd be great if you gave the number that was hassling you to the Cops, and they rang it and put the fear of gods into the little sh!t.

Bouncy Castle

Postby cheery_j. » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:10 pm

or if you post the number on the internet, or more old fashioned places - though I don't advice this, it would be illegal here and it's probably illegal where you are. However, it might lower the annoyance levels if you mentally choose homepages and toilet walls to publish their number.
cheery_j.

Postby Catch-up » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:44 pm

I think you're right Tony, they'll just get bored and give up. Or, you could give us all the number and we'll start texting them.

Batty, how did the appointment go today?

My body can't seem to decide if it's sick or not. I go back and forth between feeling fine and being sure I'm coming down with something horrible.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I got a minor annoyance at the moment. I keep getting childish text messages every couple of days and sometimes a couple of times a day saying things like: "i can see u haha".

Probably the telly people texting you. Maybe just one text back saying, ' You can see me? How's my technique, am I sacrificing this goat properly?'

I'm sorry for your troubles.

raptornx01 wrote:have an mp3 player if i want music.

Me too!

My minor niggle is I start night shift again tonight. It gets me down thinking about it. Not so much the work but the lack of sleep, if you know what I mean? Ah well, things could always be worse.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum