Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby Alanz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:11 am

Never mind about Coffee, what about when the Tea bag splits and you get Tea leaves in the last mouth full, Yuck!! :D
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:37 am

Tonyblack wrote:Why, oh why do they sew up the pockets of men's suit jackets? It's a real pain trying to cut open the sewing without cutting the material. :roll:

three reasons
1, It's so the the material of the suit isn't warped by countless people trying on the suit before you do
2, Shop lifters like to hide tags and pins in pockets
3, Almost the same reason as shop lifters but people like to hide disgusting item in pockets I mean if can fit into a pocket it will get shoved into a pocket
Trust me I work in retail I know just how nasty people can be :evil:
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 am

Well those are three very good reasons for it . . . but it's still a pain! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:37 am

have you considered carrying a handbag
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:05 pm

I have several shoulder bags that I frequently use. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm

kay sorry
Ghost

Postby Penfold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Ghost wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Why, oh why do they sew up the pockets of men's suit jackets? It's a real pain trying to cut open the sewing without cutting the material. :roll:

three reasons
1, It's so the the material of the suit isn't warped by countless people trying on the suit before you do
3, Almost the same reason as shop lifters but people like to hide disgusting item in pockets I mean if can fit into a pocket it will get shoved into a pocket

I was shopping for a new coat to wear when out walking/photographing the other week. Since I often carry a camera lens in my pocket (to have it straight to hand rather than going through the hassle of taking off my backpack whenever I wanted to swap lenses), I was putting my hand in them to check for how deep they were and whether my big lenses would actually fit. I wondered, at the time, why I was coming under such close scrutiny from the staff. :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

:lol:
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Getting a mouthful of coffee grounds in the last sip of coffee. Blech.

I like that bit. It's like bonus coffee.

:lol: Great outlook!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Ghost wrote:

three reasons

When I had a reason to wear a suit I never used to bother unpicking the pockets because of reason 1 - but then women's jacket pockets are usually too small to be that useful anyway :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Penfold » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:43 pm

I have to have my pockets sewn up for work. If the stitching comes undone, with or without our knowledge, and we get found out my the management having open pockets, we get a disciplinary. (We're not allowed to wear watches either.) :evil:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Alanz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:01 pm

My mate hates wearing a Suit, He said that the last time he wore one, the judge gave him 6 months :D
Alanz

Postby cheery_j. » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Penfold wrote:I have to have my pockets sewn up for work. If the stitching comes undone, with or without our knowledge, and we get found out my the management having open pockets, we get a disciplinary. (We're not allowed to wear watches either.) :evil:

why no watches??
cheery_j.

Postby Alanz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Don't some places have some stupid rules :evil: :evil: I know some food factories don't allow any Jewelry during working hours.. :evil:
Alanz

Postby Del » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Pockets are sewn up on suits so that the material/jacket keeps its shape until it is sold. Simple as that. (Sister in the fashion industry).

MAJOR NIGGLE: Not being on here so much lately :( I miss you guys so terribly. ..... but be warned ... I will be back. I was hoping to spend umpteen hours this week on here but I have suddenly got four days work. Ugh. Yay and unyay. I didnt have any work at all last week but heaps of house showings and had appointments with school for Hayden, etc.

I have also been limiting the wi-fi... so only had access to the net via my phone and I hate posting here via my stupidphone and if I use the PC I have to open the wi-fi to all and sundry (read KIDS) in the house. .... All you parents: you know how sometimes you punish the kids or put new rules down and its YOU who suffers????? Yeah that one. :lol:

And the two of them have russaruzzlerotten homework and they require the PC for THAT! :roll:

I MISS YOU GUUUUUUYS!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum