Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 pm

GeoffRiley wrote:Trying to work out if this is a minor niggle or a major "whack in the face and come back for another slap when you've recovered from that one" niggle....

My internet connection company, Be Unlimited, has confirmed that they're being sold to Sky.

My opinion -
Be Unlimited: marvellous company, that I've been with for about 7 years now with a blazing fast 14Mb download and 2.5Mb upload connection.... over copper.
Sky: bunch of mindless jerks who'll be first against the wall - before the Syrius Cybernetics Corporation - when the revolution comes (with apologies to both Douglas Adams and Pterry)... who can't even work out that when I say I don't want any TV package involving Sport, their response is unlikely to have a positive effect if it starts with "Our packages all contain access to Sky SPORTS...."

Yeah.... probably just a minor niggle.

Need a new service provide on the LVLYM exchange. ;)

I hate Sky with a vengence! I'm sick to death of them posting glossy brochures through my door as I think it's a terrible waste of Paper. I have called them a couple of times and they have promised to take me off their mailing list. Fat chance! :x And then I got stopped by a salesman in the city centre who wouldn't take no for an answer. When I told him that I was fed up with the company bothering me his reply was "Well sign up for Sky and then we'll stop bothering you". :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:29 pm

What a tit. :roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby GeoffRiley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Tonyblack wrote:And then I got stopped by a salesman in the city centre who wouldn't take no for an answer. When I told him that I was fed up with the company bothering me his reply was "Well sign up for Sky and then we'll stop bothering you". :roll:

I had a salesman very excited once - I had him filling out all the forms and everything (I was particularly bored one day), and just before I was about to sign I said, "..and where's the bit about guaranteeing that there's going to be no sport at all on any of the stations?" The guy thought for a moment.. ran back through the conversation and realised that he's agreed that there would be no sport at all -- all he'd heard was me saying I was willing to pay extra to not have any sport channels. :doh:

I clarified that I expected him to get sport blocked on the BBC and ITV channels too... then he realised he'd not got a sale at all. :twisted:

I used to like going into PC World asking awkward questions too... :ugeek:

Bouncy Castle wrote:What a tit. :roll:

What a fine summary of Sky in general!
Tip: Never put out a bonfire with your face.
GeoffRiley

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Why thank you!

Geoff. I'm not sure if you have a PM (private message) facility as a Newbie until you reach a certain number of posts, but I've sent you a message about Strata and Dark Side of the Sun.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:24 pm

:lol: That reminds me of my sister in law who got a very pushy salesman on the phone trying to sell her a conservatory. Eventually she said that she'd absolutely love one and could he come out and take measurements.

Her address? Fifth floor flat . . .

He hung up on her. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:10 pm

We have a Sky booth in the Shopping precinct in Grimsby, They seem to go in bursts, nothing for ages then it's all out to get customers, I just tell them i don't have a TV then ignore them if they go on about it, it seems to work :D
Alanz

Postby GeoffRiley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:11 pm

We're always getting sales calls "we're in the area...", "we were visiting you neighbours and noticed...", "you filled in a questionnaire..." type thing - wanting to sell us conservatories, 'sidings' (whatever those are), windows and doors... and it's amazing how many of these people have 'seen' our place and not realised that it's a council flat.

Cold calls... definitely more than just a minor niggle. :roll:
GeoffRiley

Postby Alanz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:14 pm

I totally agree with you there Geoff, I just say "No thanks and then shut the door, I know it's rude but it's all those Parasites know :D
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 pm

I had a rant at the british gas stand a few weeks ago every working day I have to go past there on my way home
and every working day I get pestered until I snapped I informed them that I absolutely no intention of ever being a customer
and by constantly pestering me even to the point where they chase me (chase is a slight exaggeration) across the walkway
to try and get my attention that by doing that every single time I try and walk past that stand that was akin to bullying and if they keep up those tactics I will be forced to report them to both the shopping centre manager and to the british gas company.
Since that rant haven't been pestered by them
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Alanz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Did you hear that all those money lending companies that are advertised are to be closed down if they don't get their act together and stop charging too much, they have 12 weeks i think also they are to be regulated on air time. :x
Alanz

Postby GeoffRiley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:48 pm

They can't get a working business model when they're operating on 7000% interest.... it's a sad world that we live in.
GeoffRiley

Postby Alanz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Agree with you there....."Stop the World..I wan't to get off"! :D
Alanz

Postby Dotsie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 am

Sales people aren't parasites. Should they be out of work instead? I think some of you need to calm down before you pop something :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Getting a mouthful of coffee grounds in the last sip of coffee. Blech.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Credit card hasn't arrived yet and I need that thing to pay the techys to reprogram my putter I want to start watching films again without plugins crashing Image
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum