Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:14 am

Do you know what? I never even thought of that! :lol: :oops: Thank you! I will just buy a slip for it. Maybe I'll bring it for the con. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:38 am

I think I took too many photos the other day I know a few are retakes
and I know some of them will look really good
but the sorting, cropping and resizing is taking forever
and I haven't even started on effects and colouring
and whether or not I'm going to use them
arge too much work :roll:
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:27 am

It can be overwhelming going through so many pictures Ghost.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby chillicamper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:03 pm

The developers ongoing attempts to wreck the 2 villages of Four Marks/Medstead continue. It looks like the committee date for the decision on the 80 houses at the Friars Oak site has been set at 16:00 on Thurs 26th June. That's not very easy for any objectors to go along and show their feelings.........Hmmmm - not suspicious at all. I think that they've done it deliberately so there's less bodies to have to clear up after the riot if they pass it.
So we just have to try and get as many objectors to Petersfield council offices next week to show the committee the strength of feeling against this housing estate on a green field. By this time next week we will know if the developers bulldozers will be moving in :evil:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby mirandashell » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Good luck with the protest!
I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?
mirandashell

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:08 pm

A big branch fell on my car yesterday. I have a scuff mark and minor dent on the hood. Could've been worse, but still. :roll:

I'd planned to take the girls to a water park hotel today. We were all geared up to pack an overnight bag and have fun. Glad I called ahead, the water park is closed today and tomorrow. Bit of a let down.

We watched the finale of the 2nd season of Doctor Who, Rose's last episode (sort of). Vivian sobbed uncontrollably at the end. Took forever to get her settled down and into bed.
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Aaw, poor thing :( I cried for three days after watching Star Trek Generations :oops:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:41 pm

And I was 22 at the time :oops: :oops:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Ghost » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:44 pm

REALLY looking at your picture you seem older
did you have a hard life?
Ghost

Postby chillicamper » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Running out of hours in the day! The residents are putting a plan together to try and get the planning decision revoked. But it means hours of wading through planning documents. I was up until 1am last night making notes. Soooooooo boring. Oh and another application for 55 houses was recommended to be turned down today. In itself that's good, but all the reasons they used to justify this are the same reasons the council used to approve the planning behind our house. The planning system is such a mess and doesn't appear to be able to be consistent.

And today José decided to start playing up and misfiring again so I've spent the evening swapping over the coil and fuel cut off valve to eliminate them from the diagnosis. Lucky I had some spare parts in stock. :lol: it didn't work so now I'm online tapping up vw forums for more ideas of where to look next. Ho him.....who needs sleep anyway :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Dotsie, I have to admit that I got a little sniffly too. And I knew what was going to happen. :shifty:

Chilli, so sorry for everything you're having to deal with. I hope your neighbors and your community know how lucky they are to have someone like you! I sometimes think they intentionally make those plans a mess so that they have loopholes.
Catch-up

Postby hnorwood » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:12 pm

A couple of weeks ago I received from my Broadband provider (to protect the guilty, let's call them ChatChat!) an unsolicited smart box to attach my TV to the Net. (I was going to send it back, but Mrs N said she'd like to try it out). I tweeted that I would have preferred a more reliable internet connection than a freebie. ChatChat replied showing how I could run some sort of diagnostics on the line from their web site.

I replied that if the connection was down, I could not very well run the diagnostics, could I?

They replied I could run it over 3G - to which I replied I Tweet from my desktop.

So - they agreed to call me to discuss the issue. Needless to say they didn't keep to their promise. So I've made another date tostay in all day to wait for a call-back. Grrrrr...
Huge Neuroid

Angst-Lesspork
hnorwood

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:02 pm

They have one of the worst customer sevices going I feel sorry for you hnorwood, dump them ASAP. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:58 am

Jeez Chilli, what an awful situation. I can understand people wanting to move out of the cities but at what cost eh. Urban sprawl on a vast scale.

Good luck fixing Jose.

That Dr Who episode was quite sad.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby janet » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 pm

I dumped *alk*alk after frustrating bouts with their "customer service", their broken promises and their attempts to take random extra payments from my bank account (luckily I check it often). They should be standing for government......promising everything but delivering bugger all!!!!
My niggle is with the motorbikers doing a charity ride in Weardale this morning. Lovely morning, good luck with the fund raising guys ....but hey! Signs all over asking us motorists to THINK BIKE? GUYS! Don't just take the wotsit and overtake a van at the expense of the car driver going the other way who had to apply her brakes quite hard to avoid you. Meet us halfway eh? THINK OTHER PEOPLE!
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum