Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby janet » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 am

I've heard that dislocated sigils can be particularly sore..............no i haven't ;) Don't know much about games at all but can imagine it's frustrating when they go wrong.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Ghost » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 am

janet wrote:I've heard that dislocated sigils can be particularly sore..............no i haven't ;) Don't know much about games at all but can imagine it's frustrating when they go wrong.

who wants a game of Frisbee :x
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby mirandashell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm

janet wrote:I've heard that dislocated sigils can be particularly sore..............no i haven't ;) Don't know much about games at all but can imagine it's frustrating when they go wrong.

Oh lor.... OH plays a lot of sports games. And the swearing when he loses....makes your ears bleed. And if the game even dares to think about freezing when he's playing.....

:o

... we are now on our third controller.
I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?

My Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/UmptyOriginals
Goth Umptys available now. Geeks and Princesses coming soon!
mirandashell

Postby janet » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Having fun.....not!
Very wet this morning so can't garden. Daughter got drenched waiting for a bus which never came so drove her into town to the shop where she volunteers (she would drive herself but it's impossible to find long stay parking).
Tesco - bought a whole trout for our tea as I'm quite good at doing fish....got it home.....it stank and it still had its guts inside :shock: which I didn't expect! Phoned Tesco to be told that that was the normal way to buy whole fish. NO IT ISN'T! I'm going to return it soon. I might just be the most unwelcome customer they have today. (This is the store which had a girls ride a horse into it as one of those drinking dare stunts)
janet

Postby Ghost » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:41 pm

there should be a label stating how it was prepared and I thought tesco gave a option
if I was you I would send a email to their head office about this matter
and it looks like you're not the only one who has had this problem
https://en-gb.facebook.com/tesco/posts/484568764935593
Ghost

Postby janet » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Bleah!! I just phoned them again and gave them the option of my turning up with the fish or just the receipt. They want the fish too even after I asked if they were sure about that :shock: :shock: :shock:
Here goes!
BTW Sainsbury's informed me that, not only do they never sell ungutted fish but the customer has the option of having it filleted with no extra charge AND trout are currently on at 2 for £4 (my sad little fishy was £2.05). Guess where my next stop will be?
janet

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:36 pm

I certainly wouldn't expect to buy a fish ungutted from a supermarket and have never done so even though I don't check. Presumably Tesoc are doing things on the cheap again which is why I never shop there
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby janet » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Nor will I be doing for a while. The two trout I got in Sainsburys were delicious (early tea :D )
janet

Postby Catch-up » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:50 am

Ewww! Sorry Janet. Hope you get it straightened out.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:56 pm

I hate Her Majesties Revenue and Customs !! Why can't they do a simple thing simply ??

I was doing the payroll today and because it is the new tax year I needed to update the tax codes for my employees but HMRC haven't told me what the new tax code is supposed to be. So I downloaded the latest update of their own payroll software and tried to change the tax codes. The first question is "have you received official notification of the new code?" to which the answer was no so it said I shouldn't do anything for now. I then entered the payroll information and tried to submit it to the tax office so I would be told how much tax and national insurance to deduct only for it to be rejected because I had the old tax code.

I then spent half an hour first trying to get what the tax codes should be from their website, it turns out I need to add 56 to codes ending in L although they could have said that on the first page of the site rather than several options down and buried in the main body of the test :roll: and then claiming they had told me as that was the only way I could change the codes.

I then had to enter the payroll data again and resubmit. I wasted at least an hour today because of them :evil:

The Mad Collector

Postby janet » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:27 am

They delight in sending you round in circles :x I was very relieved when I stopped employing someone.....takes about quarter of the time just to do my tax return.
janet

Postby Batty » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:40 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:I hate Her Majesties Revenue and Customs !! Why can't they do a simple thing simply ??
... :evil:

You and me both. I sent them a full page scathing letter a couple of years ago after they had under estimated the amount of Incapacity Benefit that I had received by £156.
Even though I.B. is a Govt. maintained and administered benefit and they probably know (before the recipients) what any increase is going to be, HMRC insisted that I should inform them every time that DWP increases the benefit.
HMRC also said that is is up to me to check that they are applying the correct tax code, and I had to repay them.
Grrr! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby michelanCello » Mon May 05, 2014 6:43 pm

I spontanuououououououously went to the Dutch embassy to fetch my new passport which is - hopefully - ready as I happened to be in the area, but when I got there (climbed up the huge hill as these embassies need to have a good view on...oh, I don't know, armies trying to take in their fortress) it was closed - I forgot it was a national holiday :doh:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Ghost » Mon May 05, 2014 7:17 pm

oops better luck tomorrow
Ghost

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue May 06, 2014 6:48 am

At least you don't need it for a few weeks Mici :D

The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum