Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Tiffany wrote:Yesterday I went out to feed the birds, the bird bath water was frozen solid, so I got a pair of pliers to break it, couldn't find a hammer. Managed to cut my hand on the ice, lots of blood, got a plaster, sorted ice, only to find the hose frozen, took the nossle off & icy water cascaded over me. Filled bird bath. Started to fill feeders & pinched my index finger in one, that bled too, another plaster, back to filling feeders, feet frozen, hands numb with cold, but the birds are happy.
Ouch Tiffany :( ,those birds better appreciate that bath. ;)
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:39 am

I'm not a MS fan, but i'll admit, I like Win7. it starts up quick (even faster than linux mint) and has a few little touches that make it nice. and i really like canvas mode, but i haven't seen any themes I like so i stick to regular desktop.

In other news. talking with Connie Francis (kind of). To bad its about a parody video i did that used a song of hers :doh: So I have a strike on my account. I could claim fair use to get the video to stay up. but I don't mind taking it down if it bothers her. it was just for fun anyway. Just trying to talk her into retracting the claim so my account goes back to good standing.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:56 am

I have Win 7 on my laptop don't like that much it hides a lot, that is open on my XP destop I have a new windows 7 to install but I'm putting it off as long as possible, and I have no intention of getting Win 8.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby AuntyVague » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:On my little acer netbook it has limpus lite installed, another form of linux which are all open source although ubuntu is one of the most popular, and they boot up really quickly compared to a window system,

I'm not that keen on windows 7 far less 8 I have had a new copy of win7 since it came out and it's still in the box much prefer XP I will get around to putting it on my desktop, W7 hides too much so you have to hunt for stuff you want to make changes to,I have it on my laptop.

I'll have to look up limpus lite...good to hear a recommendation thanks WWD as I don't know enough about what is trustworthy to run off and start downloading programs with abandon. Mind you, I've managed to figure out how to stop Windows 8 from constantly flicking open all the apps when I was trying to work in the desktop, so I'm a little less hysterical now!
AuntyVague

Postby cheery_j. » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 am

bf says Ubuntu is great for people who don't know/don't care how their computer works.
cheery_j.

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 pm

AuntyVague wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:On my little acer netbook it has limpus lite installed, another form of linux which are all open source although ubuntu is one of the most popular, and they boot up really quickly compared to a window system,

I'm not that keen on windows 7 far less 8 I have had a new copy of win7 since it came out and it's still in the box much prefer XP I will get around to putting it on my desktop, W7 hides too much so you have to hunt for stuff you want to make changes to,I have it on my laptop.

I'll have to look up limpus lite...good to hear a recommendation thanks WWD as I don't know enough about what is trustworthy to run off and start downloading programs with abandon. Mind you, I've managed to figure out how to stop Windows 8 from constantly flicking open all the apps when I was trying to work in the desktop, so I'm a little less hysterical now!

You may be better with mint or the latest version of ubunto lite came with the acer pre installed but I quite like it.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tiffany » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm

ShadowNinjaCat wrote:
Tiffany wrote:Yesterday I went out to feed the birds, the bird bath water was frozen solid, so I got a pair of pliers to break it, couldn't find a hammer. Managed to cut my hand on the ice, lots of blood, got a plaster, sorted ice, only to find the hose frozen, took the nossle off & icy water cascaded over me. Filled bird bath. Started to fill feeders & pinched my index finger in one, that bled too, another plaster, back to filling feeders, feet frozen, hands numb with cold, but the birds are happy.
Ouch Tiffany :( ,those birds better appreciate that bath. ;)

No more frost, snow or ice, it's just wet & soggy here now. I fell the feeders standing in a bog which was our lawn. :roll: :mrgreen:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby TinatheConfused » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:17 pm

raptornx01 wrote:I just realized, Youtube only saves 199 likes. I didn't know that. so I went looking for somethings and found they were gone, since each new like erases the last one on the list. Grrr

Och, ye puir wee thingie, you create playlists. You can have Dozens of them, one for each mood, and it will change your mood when you get the fits trying to organize them LOL
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby TinatheConfused » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Conforumist wrote:oops, thought it was minor ni"pp"les. :roll:

I don't know what niggles are. :?

Are they sad sounding, those minor ones? Do they sing? That would be very interesting. :D
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby Ghost » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:24 pm

cheery_j. wrote:bf says Ubuntu is great for people who don't know/don't care how their computer works.

true :D
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby =Tamar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:08 am

Ghost wrote:
cheery_j. wrote:bf says Ubuntu is great for people who don't know/don't care how their computer works.

true :D

Don't have to know how, because it does work, and keeps on working.
=Tamar

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 am

TinatheConfused wrote:
raptornx01 wrote:I just realized, Youtube only saves 199 likes. I didn't know that. so I went looking for somethings and found they were gone, since each new like erases the last one on the list. Grrr

Och, ye puir wee thingie, you create playlists. You can have Dozens of them, one for each mood, and it will change your mood when you get the fits trying to organize them LOL

:lol: It wasn't that, the stuff i really like I add to my favorites playlist anyway. I just didn't know the likes list was limited.

Plus, i have a hard enough time with organizing playlists for my own videos :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby michelanCello » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:16 pm

One of my fav pullovers shrank in the washing machine :( but I washed it like always! Don't understand what went wrong...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Batty » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:20 pm

That happened to me after the Christmas and New Year festivities!
Some of my clothes seemed to have shrunk for no reason!

Strangely enough, it took a few weeks before they miraculously returned to their normal size again!! ;)
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby michelanCello » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 pm

This one really shrunk :(
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum