What are you looking forward to?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What are you looking forward to?

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm

:( Please keep checking airfare Dug. I've got my fingers crossed that a good deal comes up!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 pm

BA has the monopoly on that one Catch up and I won't fly with crap airlines like AA again once was enough.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:32 pm

That's a shame. :( I haven't heard anything good about AA. It's a wonder they're still in business. Although, if they're allowed to have a monopoly on certain destinations, that's probably why.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am

It's (BA) British Airways that has the monopoly not AA, but they some times use them on a share programme to the States, and Virgin does not fly anywhere near.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby RSoak » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:It's (BA) British Airways that has the monopoly not AA, but they some times use them on a share programme to the States, and Virgin does not fly anywhere near.

Virgin does fly to Washington-Dulles...not real close, but maybe a 90-minute drive.

Just sayin'.

*EDIT* Currently £800 for 7/4-7/9. At first I thought it was $800, but I guess if you originiate the flight in the UK, it automatically quotes in GBP.
It's not who you know, it's who I know. - Dad

The enemy of good is perfect. - Mom
RSoak

Postby Quatermass » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 am

What am I looking forward to? Not much, but there are two things. The first is to see whether I got anywhere with the TP Prize. The second is to attend the Lords of Time convention in Brisbane in April, to see four Doctors, two companions, and a voice actor. :D
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 am

RSoak wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:It's (BA) British Airways that has the monopoly not AA, but they some times use them on a share programme to the States, and Virgin does not fly anywhere near.

Virgin does fly to Washington-Dulles...not real close, but maybe a 90-minute drive.

Just sayin'.

*EDIT* Currently £800 for 7/4-7/9. At first I thought it was $800, but I guess if you originiate the flight in the UK, it automatically quotes in GBP.

Thanks RS but add another £90-100 to that to get to Heathrow London and that is too expensive as I will be attending two Worldcons as well this year one in Texas one in the UK. :violin: :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Selkie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Adding on internal transport just to get to the airport can be a major expense! I've just been looking at getting from here to Edinburgh and even with the Air Discount Scheme, for the dates we want to travel, it's going to cost us minimum £115 each. Multiply that by 5 people and you get quite a hefty additional cost before you even get to the main air fares.
Selkie

Postby Del » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Looking forward to ..........GETTING ONE OF THESE ! :o :o :o

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Selkie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

No... it's SUPERDEL!!!!!
Selkie

Postby Del » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 pm

*runs off to find me red undies*
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Uhm. Does it come back?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum