Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

Postby Jack Remillard » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Those are certainly worthy of dancing emoticons. :D I am planning on getting them on iTunes over the next few days.
Jack Remillard

Postby janet » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:09 pm

No need, we've plenty here :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:02 am

I think Jack meant he was going to get the freshly found Doctor Who on iTunes.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:19 pm

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Ghost » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Lesus Christ has risen
Ghost

Postby Penfold » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Not that I would really advocate this but if he was desperate for money, he could go on a massive crime spree. I don't think dead people can be prosecuted. ;)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Who? Lesus Christ?? :? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 am

http://www.skynews.com.au/world/article.aspx?id=915570

Ugh. What is wrong with US pollies? I know politicians the world over put self-service above public service, but [EFF!] me tender with a pogo stick, sideways, this goes beyond a joke. :doh:

I mean, as much as I hate the current Aussie government, lead by Abbott the Maggot, or the previous regime of Julia Gillard (which outlasted its welcome), they haven't done anything this spectacularly imbecilic as a group in the name of self-interest.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:05 am

but [EFF!] me tender with a pogo stick, sideways,

That had me laffin out loud. Lucky boss isn't in yet!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby raisindot » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Quatermass wrote:http://www.skynews.com.au/world/article.aspx?id=915570

Ugh. What is wrong with US pollies? I know politicians the world over put self-service above public service, but [EFF!] me tender with a pogo stick, sideways, this goes beyond a joke. :doh:

Yes, this thing is a total disaster. But the blame is 100% the fault of the House Republicans. They're holding the federal government and the debt limit hostage to their demands that Obamacare, which was voted into law by a majority of Congresspeople, be dismantled. The Senate, which is controlled by Democrats, is rightly refusing to make any concessions on Obamacare, and it shoudn't. The House has tried to repeal Obamacare 40 times and failed. They lost seats in the last election. Obama won re-election by three million votes--more than Bush received in either of his elections. There is no 'national mandate' to end Obamacare, and millions of Americans are already benefiting from the provisions that have been enacted (such as allowing children to remain on parents' health plans until age 26 and forbidding plans from denying coverage due to pre-existing conditions).

The Republicans tried their ploy to play to their Tea Party base and believed that the nation would blame the Democrats. It has totally backfired. The Republicans are the joke of the country, and if Americans have long memories next year they'll toss these bums out.

In the meantime, the U.S. legislature continues to look more and more like the Italian parliament.
raisindot

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby janet » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:54 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:http://jalopnik.com/injured-kangaroo-hops-into-melbourne-airport-goes-righ-1446376864

:o
But did they find the kids in the abandoned mine?
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby pip » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:24 am

The whole is Hodgson racist bullcrap debate is insane. Why do the English press and parts of the public constantly look for a way to sabotage the football team.
Anyone who see's any racism in the series of events involving Hodgson is in fact the racist .
Old white guy uses the word monkey, therefore he must be a racist. Sad to see PC going so bloody ridiculous.
Well done to England for being a much better team than Ireland who I'm nearly ashamed to watch but hopefully common sense prevails around this overblown issue.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Penfold » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:52 am

In the case of the Hodgeson joke, I don't think pc is the issue* (or to blame) in this case but rather an agenda from the media who always look for a way to knock the national team - especially in a World Cup year. It's also worth remembering that the press did not want Hodgeson in charge in the first place and wanted their media darling, Harry Redknapp, instead. It's nice that this non-story is the only dirt the media could dredge up on him.

It's also quite revealing that the story was leaked by a player (or dressing room staff) from a private half time team talk, so maybe Roy doesn't have the blessing of the whole squad or back room staff. It's my opinion only but I enjoy a good conspiracy theory: Frank Lampard is Harry Redknapp's nephew and Harry writes for the newspaper group who broke the story. He's made it clear in his recently published book he was not happy with the decision to appoint Hodgeson over him as the England coach - coincidence maybe? ;)

OK, anti Redknapp rant over. :lol:

*The FA and the Kick It Out Campaign (who are normally very quick to play the 'race card') have both said there is no case to answer. On a serious note, obviously they have to investigate any instances brought to their attention but what I really object to is that these sort of stories could potentially undermine those people who have genuine cases (the boy who cried wolf sort of thing).
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Batty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:54 am

There are a couple of players in Hodgson's full England squad that are extremely quick to play the racist card, so it could be one of them.

Mind you - I quite like the conspiracy theory concerning Harry Redknapp! :clap:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum