Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Huh! Social services are a bunch of Nazi . . . oh wait. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raisindot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Quatermass wrote:Well, it's been a while since I've posted here, and I've got a couple of doozies. First up, we have a statue of a nude and pregnant Kim Kardashian unveiled at a Los Angeles gallery...

Arrrggghhh! My eyes! Best line is about how people will be encouraged to rub the belly for good luck. The belly. Yeah, that's what they'll rub. Really believable.
raisindot

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Houston teen injured when plan to blow up turtles with homemade bomb goes awry

KINGWOOD, Texas – A 19-year-old male suffered severe injuries to his hand, lower extremities and face after a bomb he made detonated while he was carrying it in northeast Harris County, according to police.

The Houston Police Department said that at about 7:40 p.m. on Saturday the teen and another 18-year-old male had gone down to a bayou near the 3100 block of Valley Rim Drive. The teens had materials to create what is being called a “combustible mixture” with the intention of going to go “blow up turtles.”

Police said that at some point, the 19-year-old lit a cigar, and the ashes from his cigar fell near his pocket where he was carrying the explosive cartridges. Police said it is likely that the ashes ignited the cartridges.

The 18-year-old was not injured in the explosion, police said. There have been no arrests or charges in connection with the incident.

Serves the bugger right.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:45 pm

What a shame! Close, but no Darwin Award for him! :snooty:
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Hopefully it will have blown his nads off, so at least he can't breed!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:49 pm

He would still qualify for a Darwin for that since he would have removed himself from the gene pool. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Conforumist » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Am I the only one which does not believe the part about "how" the bomb went off??
I can not believe that ashes falling near a pocket could do such a thing. I'm sure the "real" reason Darwin worthy.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 pm

What he gets for trying to mess with Turtles

"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Totally dude! :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Sky News:

A five-year-old boy whose family home was destroyed by the deadly Oklahoma tornado has been mauled to death by a dog at the house where he was staying.

The child and his two-year-old sister had been sent to live with family friends in Little Rock, Arkansas, while his parents remained in Moore to rebuild their home.

The bullmastiff attacked the boy on Sunday, police told KARK-TV.

"The child was putting on some shoes and was crying and upset," said Garland County Deputy Scott Hinojosa.

"The dog possibly took that as being aggressive and at that time the child was attacked."

The bullmastiff was owned by the family friend, 50-year-old Lynnn Geiling, and her husband.

She said she tried to pull the animal off the boy, but he was left with large cuts to his head and neck by the time she managed to separate them.

The dog ran away after the attack, but was shot by a local resident on Monday.

Investigators have not confirmed if the owners are likely to face charges.

A massive tornado, categorised as EF5, the most powerful ranking, tore through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore on May 20, killing 24 people and injuring more than 400 others.

Around 1,200 homes were completely destroyed and 12,000 were damaged.

Oh that poor family. And the dog owners.

Bouncy Castle

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 am

So apparently, podcasting, downloading audio news programs, and even creating playlists are illegal without paying for a license.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/06/ ... e-comedian
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:51 am

US patent law always had been crazy, see the way all the IT and phone companies keep sueing each other, they invariably refer to US patents as they can be drafted in such a vague way :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby raisindot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:23 pm

The US patent system is completely broken. Patents are being granted for "concepts" rather than actual working applications of these concepts, and now companies are forming simply to buy up patent rights from inventors and then sue larger companies for infringements of patents they never owned.

But this stuff has been going on for ages. I recently read a book that made a pretty convincing case that Alexander Graham Bell stole sections of his US patent for the telephone from a different inventor who had devised a more effective transmission means. It claims that Bell was able to bribe the US patent officials to get a 'sneak preview' of sketches of his competitor's pending patent, which he then 'copied' into his own drawings and submitted for the patent. He was even able to bribe the official to move his patent application in front of the other patent, which had already been filed (but not approved). There was some kind of patent infringement lawsuit filed by the competitor against Bell and a trial went on for years until finally Bell won, mainly because he had better lawyers and financing behind him.
raisindot

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 pm

:roll: :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Feegled from Twitter. :lol:
A lawyer's letter getting the response it deserves. An apology in today's Sun: http://bit.ly/11xnV7e
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum