Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Headlines That Left You Speechless 2

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Once she's had her psychy assessment/served her sentence she can always get a job in a funeral parlour as a cosmetician - wouldn't want her back in her pharmacy doling out prescriptions though.... :o
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:40 pm

There was an appalling death of an 11yr old boy in Victoria yesterday evening. It's very upsetting. The poor mother & remaining family. I'm feeling a bit like Q did yesterday.

I can't bring myself to find a link for this, if anyone is interested they would be able to find the story themselves.

The trial of Daniel Morcombe's alleged killer is being held at the moment. The media are sharing with us all the details over & over again. I think I need to avoid the news for a few days.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:22 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:There was an appalling death of an 11yr old boy in Victoria yesterday evening. It's very upsetting. The poor mother & remaining family. I'm feeling a bit like Q did yesterday.

I can't bring myself to find a link for this, if anyone is interested they would be able to find the story themselves.

The trial of Daniel Morcombe's alleged killer is being held at the moment. The media are sharing with us all the details over & over again. I think I need to avoid the news for a few days.

Probably a good idea.

Sister Jennifer was referring to this incident:

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=949822&cid=BP_RSS_TOPSTORIES_5_Melbournemanwhokilledsondies_130214

As for the Daniel Morcombe saga (which it has been), it's depressing, especially as the wheels of justice will grind slow and fine and no conviction is guaranteed. I feel sorry for the parents in this saga most of all.

Here's the Wikipedia article for anyone outside Australia and unfamiliar with it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Daniel_Morcombe

Another Aussie crime that has been dragged out into the open recently is the trial of Simon Gittany for the murder of his fiance Lisa Harnum. He's been convicted, but he's appealing. I can't see what's so appealing about him, really. :x

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Lisa_Harnum
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 am

Yipes :shock:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:15 am

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014 ... ation.html
Gay segregation now allowed in Kansas.

I'm not familiar with US state law, but isn't there a superseding court that could (and should) declare this law unlawful?
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:46 am

From what Sharlene tells me, this is the latest attempt to get around the laws of the land by using loopholes. Several other "red" states have tried, but ultimately failed to ban gay marriage through one reading of the law or another. I suspect this attempt will also fail. For people who claim to be passionate Christians, they seem to totally ignore the preaching of Jesus Christ. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Tonyblack wrote:For people who claim to be passionate Christians, they seem to totally ignore the preaching of Jesus Christ. :roll:

Who openly said he loved John the Evangelist (though possibly in a brotherly way as he told him to look after his old mum :P ) This sort of 'Christian' only really likes the more censorious texts of the OT where they can cherry pick their vice of choice to bleat endlessly about.

:shifty: Talking of which you never hear them complain much about good ole folks who are into bestiality... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby janet » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Here's to the bigots and Old Testament zealots.
There's a special part of Hell just for them :angry-devil:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:43 pm

They're probably not complaining about bestiality because not many people openly admit it. Gay people on the other hand thought our society was mature enough to accept their sexual orientation and began to show it (the horror!). I guess if more people wanted to rent a room for themselves and their sheep, going out together and so on, there'd soon be a law against that, too.

I'm not to well versed in the bible, but I think bestiality isn't really allowed..

ChristianBecker

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:40 pm

As long as it's not your neighbour's ox, you're fine. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:21 pm

:lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quatermass » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:56 am

I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:57 am

Anyway, one of the most important differences between homosexuality and bestiality is that in the latter, there's no possibility of consent being given.

Quatermass

Postby ChristianBecker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:20 am

Hah, Catholics and sexual abuse again. Do they ever learn.

Quatermass wrote:Anyway, one of the most important differences between homosexuality and bestiality is that in the latter, there's no possibility of consent being given.

I don't really follow. Because there is no consent being given in bestiality*, no ones complaining that much about it and no laws like those against gays are written?

* Is that so? How can we know?

ChristianBecker

Postby Quatermass » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:50 am

Ugh, you missed my point. My point is that homosexuality is between two consenting adults. Right? Now, in bestiality, how can the animal consent? It's basically rape.

If people in Bible-thumping places compare homosexuality to bestiality, then they are being appallingly stupid. Then again, religious fundamentalism is rarely conducive to an intelligent mind, or at least an open one.

Quatermass

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum