27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:56 am

Exactly. It's not right.

Apparently after our own massacre in port Arthur and the new gun laws and the government gun buyback of guns. . . . Our murder rate by guns has dropped by 80 percent. You can't say it doesn't help. If it dropped by 10 percent it would still be a win.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Our friend JM Hayes writes a series of satirical novels set in a small town in Kansas. The last one he wrote was very much about the gun nuts and how things can easily get out of hand when there are guns around. In the book all the gun nuts are concerned that ammo is in short supply and they are convinced that Obama is deliberately holding up the sale of ammo as a form of gun control. They then go on to say how as soon as they heard the rumour, they went out and stockpiled ammo . . . :roll:

I just read this article titled 6 Worst Reactions to the Newtown Massacre. People are crazy!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29000
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Quatermass » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Tonyblack wrote: People are crazy!


And this is a revelation to you? :|
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5654
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby simmonds91 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:38 pm

I wont say I'm racist towards americans because I don't hate them all, I mean without them I wouldn't have internet and other things that colour my world but seriously, some people make it so hard not to be....
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 am

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Nah. Every nation has it's fair sharenof crazies.

The trend in China at the moment is for crazy people to attack very young children with knife attacks in schools.

And the Chinese people can't understand WHY.

20 Chinese children dead is no less a tragedy than what happened in America.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 pm

And let's not forget the British Dunblane School Massacre.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29000
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby raisindot » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:35 pm

simmonds91 wrote:I wont say I'm racist towards americans because I don't hate them all, I mean without them I wouldn't have internet and other things that colour my world but seriously, some people make it so hard not to be....


Speaking on behalf of the American 'race," I breathe a sigh of relief that you don't hate us all. However, since we aim to please, please let us know what we, collectively, as a nation need to do to win your affection? Win another couple of world wars for you? Provide billions of dollars in foreign aid? Send thousands more of our young (and not so young) people into some of the poorest and most dangerous parts of the world to volunteer their time to build houses, teach, and provide medical and healthcare treatment? Develop more of the world's vaccine and medical treatments that have wiped out smallpox, eradicated malaria in many nations, saved the lives of millions of cancer and AIDS victims from certain death? Is there anything else we can do for you? :icon-rolleyes:
raisindot
Member
 
Posts: 3216
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby simmonds91 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Ok, first of all America only joined the second world war 2 YEARS AFTER it was already going on because the fight was forcing them to join i.e the Pearl Harbour bombing, it's only my opinion and I may be wrong but there you go, secondly I could care less what America does for the world just as I don't care what Britain or Europe does, it's the people of America that gets my blood boiling, not all of them, there are some really amazing people I've seen/heard but I can't help but notice a majority of americans are crazies, that and 2/3rds of the country don't have the same morals or beliefs as my own and if the americans think its ok to not like/hate someone because of their beliefs then I think I'm entitled to aswell. Thirdly, I'm just some random ignorant brit on the internet to you, why bother bringing this up?
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 am

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:11 pm

raisindot wrote:
simmonds91 wrote:I wont say I'm racist towards americans because I don't hate them all, I mean without them I wouldn't have internet and other things that colour my world but seriously, some people make it so hard not to be....


Speaking on behalf of the American 'race," I breathe a sigh of relief that you don't hate us all. However, since we aim to please, please let us know what we, collectively, as a nation need to do to win your affection? Win another couple of world wars for you? Provide billions of dollars in foreign aid? Send thousands more of our young (and not so young) people into some of the poorest and most dangerous parts of the world to volunteer their time to build houses, teach, and provide medical and healthcare treatment? Develop more of the world's vaccine and medical treatments that have wiped out smallpox, eradicated malaria in many nations, saved the lives of millions of cancer and AIDS victims from certain death? Is there anything else we can do for you? :icon-rolleyes:


Well... yeah... hotdogs! ... but what did the Americans ever do for us?

Okay..areoplanes ... but what did the Americans ever do for us huh? Huh?
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Raisin! :lol: I always love reading your posts.

simmonds91 wrote:Thirdly, I'm just some random ignorant brit on the internet to you, why bother bringing this up?

Simmonds, being British has nothing to do with it. ;)
Last edited by Catch-up on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
User avatar
Catch-up
Member
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:19 am
Location: Michigan, U.S.A.

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby raisindot » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:58 pm

simmonds91 wrote:Ok, first of all America only joined the second world war 2 YEARS AFTER it was already going on because the fight was forcing them to join i.e the Pearl Harbour bombing, it's only my opinion and I may be wrong but there you go, secondly I could care less what America does for the world just as I don't care what Britain or Europe does, it's the people of America that gets my blood boiling, not all of them, there are some really amazing people I've seen/heard but I can't help but notice a majority of americans are crazies, that and 2/3rds of the country don't have the same morals or beliefs as my own and if the americans think its ok to not like/hate someone because of their beliefs then I think I'm entitled to aswell. Thirdly, I'm just some random ignorant brit on the internet to you, why bother bringing this up?


Just because someone doesn't disagree with your point of view doesn't mean they're crazy. And let's remember that in our last election, 53% of Americans voted for Barack Obama. Are they, crazy? Should I make a blatant statement that all Brits are xenophobic Yank-haters with lousy teeth because people like you make generalized statements about us based on nothing but their own prejudices? Or should I make a sweeping generalization, based solely on the population of this forum, that nearly all UK and Commonwealth citizens are slightly loopy, highly intelligent, caring, funny, and open-minded liberals? Much as I would like to believe this true, I have met enough to know that this isn't the case. Every nation has its share of sickos, murderers, and other assorted whackos. Do you condemn a entire nation, 99% of whom are nonviolent, law abiding people for the actions of their most extreme residents? Is there a nation on Earth that could withstand such scrutiny?
raisindot
Member
 
Posts: 3216
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby simmonds91 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:07 pm

You have a point there but I still think the majority of americans are... how can I put it... not very nice people if you don't believe in the same thing as them, granted probably only 10% of americans would kill someone because of that or are just plain crazy. How's this, a lot of americans think they are the best while attacking other people for being different etc. and it's those americans that i'm hating on. Not to say I'm any better but I don't mind ME being an ass
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 am

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh my. Raisin, I think your efforts are being wasted here.

Simmonds, we'll just do the rest of your countrymen the favor of not assuming they all have your ignorant point of view. Or, perhaps the Americans you've met just aren't being nice to you because you've told them we're mostly amoral nut bags.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
User avatar
Catch-up
Member
 
Posts: 6808
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:19 am
Location: Michigan, U.S.A.

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Loopy ? Loopy ???????

Who you calling Loopy???????
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting: reports

Postby simmonds91 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Sure thing, I understand your feelings are hurt because my opinions are based on seeing american douchebags and not many decent americans (compared) and I understand that SAYING most americans are douchebags when it comes to them respecting their fellow man etc. would hurt you, I mean your country is all about patriotism right? Not to say it's JUST americans I hate on, still, sorry for upsetting you, not sorry for having these opinions however, I mean that would be like being sorry I believe in jesus (which I don't but thats by the by).
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 12 guests