Whether the weather, Whatever the Weather.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Whether the weather, Whatever the Weather.

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Time for a new thread. :D

You can find the old thread - Wether - or Not here.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: Whether the weather, Whatever the Weather.

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:09 pm

and for the first weather related post on the new weather thread
IT'S COLD
Ghost

Postby Broccolee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Oh yes it is....cold and snowing...and the weather is to change tomorrow and start raining...at 1degree...with all the snow everywhere...my least favorite weather.
I don't mind really really cold with lots of snow when nobody has to go out,say,on the weekend.Likewise,I don't mind rain in moderation.But cold AND snow AND rain is horrible.And sloppery and dangerous. :shifty:
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Del » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Morgan and I were talking today about cold snowy Christmas .. she said it sounds kind of nice .. really freaky strange.. but it would be nice to try once.. for a few days.. once... but we agree it seems strange to be inside on Christmas day...

What really freaked her out was... HOW do people stay indoors for days in end... especially for or with children... doesn't it do your heads in. I know you must get out... obviously.. but so many hours of the day inside.. for so many months ....

I did remind her that I didn't allow her outside much in the heatwaves ... but as she said.. we can at least get outside on the deck or spend a lot of time outside at night in the heat.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby konnichiwa » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:18 pm

It's Snowing <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

it's been snowing the whole day and I'm so~ happy about it <3

It's also getting "colder" like -10 Celsius or so :romance-heart: :romance-heart: :romance-heart:
konnichiwa

Postby Broccolee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Well,we do go out...just wrapped in layers upon layers of clothes.
First warm long johns. Then a pair of fleecy joggers.A rollerneck and warm jumper .
Skiing trousers and jacket or a ski suit and gloves,scarf,,thick boots and hat.Then we go for a walk and sometimes take the sledge.But no,when the weather is really bad we only go out for an hour or two at the very most,then go back home and defrost our fingers with hot cocoa and biscuits.
You can do craft kits,read,bake biscuits,watch Tv,play games,tidy the attic,visit with friends.....
You get used to it,I guess.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby AuntyVague » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 pm

I don't think I'd like to have to stay in for months because of the cold, but I find really hot weather is not much better. You end up just floating about the house listlessly because it is too hot and sticky to do anything and to go outside is to risk being reduced to a little dehydrated crisp. We don't have aircon either as the temperature is really only over 35 for a few days of the year here...but I sure do feel those 40+ days when they land!

The idea that you could snuggle up and drink cocoa and eat bikkies sounds appealing...for the first day or two at least :D
Last edited by AuntyVague on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
AuntyVague

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 pm

There's certainly a lot to be said for snuggling up in a nice warm bed. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:00 pm

With a leccky blanket and a book. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Selkie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm sitting here, next to a lovely open fire, listening to the hail and snow battering against the window outside, with the dog at my feet and a cat by my side, waiting until Mr Selkie had warmed the bed up a bit before I go.

You do get acclimatised to the weather, I can't even imagine how hot it is in Aus. I would just melt in your temperatures.
Selkie

Postby Sister Jennifer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 pm

I've never slept in a bed with an electric blanket. In the winter I sometimes tuck the cat under the doona for an hour before I go to bed. I don't think he likes me doing that, in fact, I know he doesn't.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Selkie it took me a little while to get used to lower temperatures again, when I came back home after spending so many years in sunny warm London. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:I've never slept in a bed with an electric blanket. In the winter I sometimes tuck the cat under the doona for an hour before I go to bed. I don't think he likes me doing that, in fact, I know he doesn't.

:lol: :lol: must be a big cat, ;) as I don't wear anything in bed I don't see the point getting undressed then getting dressed to get into bed then reverse it all in the morning, much easier to get up into the shower and get dressed, plus in the winter when its really cold outside it can be a bit chilly when you first get in until your body heat warms it up especially if its a large one. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:16 am

He is a big cat, 7kg last weight. His anger at me gives off alot of heat :D .
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby AuntyVague » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:59 am

Sister Jennifer wrote:I've never slept in a bed with an electric blanket. In the winter I sometimes tuck the cat under the doona for an hour before I go to bed. I don't think he likes me doing that, in fact, I know he doesn't.

Now I'm curious... how exactly does he communicate his lack of happiness?

Selkie, you probably wouldn't mind my part of Aus most of the time. We do get proper seasonal changes and it gets cold enough to snow on the nearby mountains in winter, so 'leckie blankets are not unheard of. On very rare occasions (every eight years or so) the snow hits the ground in the valley. It doesn't stay on the ground, but it does stop everyone in their tracks. When I first moved here I was at work one day and looked up to see desks deserted and everyone crowded around the windows going 'Oooooooo snow!'
AuntyVague

Next

Return to The Broken Drum