Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:19 pm

It 's always better to be on the safe side with pain like that Ghost.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:29 pm

I agree with Dug. The painkillers may have taken the pain away, but the problem that caused the pain will still be there.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Does sound like nerve pain Ghost, best to get it checked out.

Friend who is due to have a baby very soon has sciatica, she is twitching and yelping like Jack Douglas(that old time comedian).
The sooner that baby comes the better.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bickaxe » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Currently redoing the bathroom. Have ripped it all out and expecting some damp problems, we got prepared for that.

Now, our house is on a hill so you enter at street level after crossing the drive (it could be a drawbridge with some extensive modifications) and have to go downstairs to the bedrooms and bathroom and to get into the back garden. As a result, there is a void space under the house of about 4ft.

Previously, we replaced all the heating by re-routing it more efficiently, put a new kitchen in and basically made things much better. The void space was handy for the bedroom heating as all the pipes are now hidden under the floor.

So our plan was to use the void space to route all the bathroom plumbing and as such, a few years ago we set it up so we could. Have now ripped up some of the floor and found that the rockwool insulation is soaked. Half the floorboards were rotten too so after many hours of battling against walls that aren't straight, we have water resistant Chipboard flooring down.

It would have been quicker but the hire van we had to pick everything up in had its tyres slashed last night outside the house so that cost us a few hours.

All in all, a good day :roll:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Dotsie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Wow. Your bathroom renovations sound worse than mine. At least I can stop complaining now :shifty:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 am

Wow Bickaxe, that sounds like a nightmare. Have a hand, :tools-hammerdrill: and a beer. :orcs-cheers:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Sorry about your back pain Ghost. I agree with the above, you should still see the doctor.

Bickaxe, sorry about your renovation problems. First time I've heard slashed tires added to a list like that! :shock:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bickaxe » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks guys.

Yeah, slashed tyres. Not your everyday DIY issue :lol: cost us a few hours but full insurance covered it and got a replacement. Bit if a panic to get to builders merchants before they closed though.

Aching all over right now so applied some beer to the sore bits :D
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Conforumist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 am

Ghost wrote:my back was agony last night throbbing waves pain up and down my left side followed by electric shock style pain when I moved all I could do was down a couple of painkillers and if was still that bad in the morning call in sick and go to hospital for a through check-up and maybe a xray/scan to see if my vertebrae was pressing on my disc thankfully the painkillers and rest did the trick and I'm okay for now but it's got me worried and I'm thinking of going to the docs for a check up and see if my back has gotten worse

Funny, sounds like you're usually the one that's "giving" the pain. :lol:

Seriously though, go, see a chiropractor.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby wicked woman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 am

A little light gardening has resulted in me bringing my regular chiropractor appointment forward. Really annoyed that I haven't finished the job I was doing. :evil: Oh, and I had a tumble this morning and banged my fore arm on the edge of a step. Lovely big painful lump and bruise, think it's A & E for me if it doesn't settle down. :evil:
wicked woman

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:32 am

wicked woman wrote:A little light gardening has resulted in me bringing my regular chiropractor appointment forward. Really annoyed that I haven't finished the job I was doing. :evil: Oh, and I had a tumble this morning and banged my fore arm on the edge of a step. Lovely big painful lump and bruise, think it's A & E for me if it doesn't settle down. :evil:

Sorry to hear that. I hope it's nothing serious - but it does sound painful. :(
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Ouch WW, I hope it goes down soon, a few hours in A&E is definitely not wanted.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby wicked woman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Actually it looks worse than it feels, using it to get sympathy though. ;)
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Well have a hug WW. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Big hugs to all the sick and frustrated DIYers.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum