Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby janet » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Your avatar must have scared them away, Ghost!

While I'm here...........drivers in supermarket carparks :evil: Just give us ONE clue as to where you're going. PLEASE! And hey..........those black and white stripes on the road....pedestrian crossing. OK!
(I only went in for Fairy liquid :( )
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby michelanCello » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 pm

At least you're OK and didn't have an accident. :pray:

A friend of mine always crosses roads very dangerously and I always tell him off, whereupon he always says, yeah, but I have priority, those drivers don't want to get into jail.
But I'm like, I'm not going to care much when if they're in jail or not when when I'll be dead :P

It's always good to watch out, since drivers don't seem to...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby janet » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Yep! You need eyes in the back of your head and the sides too :evil:
janet

Postby RolandItwasntmyfault » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:44 pm

janet wrote:While I'm here...........drivers in supermarket carparks :evil: Just give us ONE clue as to where you're going. PLEASE! And hey..........those black and white stripes on the road....pedestrian crossing. OK!

Oh yes, that must be an universal law, everywhere.

Also annoying drivers in traffic circles, every time I'm going to or coming from supermarket... to signal or not to signal... to rush straight through the circle or take the shortest way..., when I, as pedestrian, actually should cross the street without fearing to become a 2D-spot on asphalt.....? :shock: :o :pray:
"A thousand elephants!" (Moving Pictures)
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." (Hogfather)
RolandItwasntmyfault

Postby chris.ph » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Slow drivers on the motorway get my goat, im working up tonys neck of the woods at the moment and its over an hour to get home, so if you see a silver blur in your rearmirror get put pf my way instead of sitting in the fast lane doing 60mph and my head in :twisted:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:58 pm

You've got a fast goat then Chis wot sheep not good enough for you then boyo. :whistle: :whistle: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ChristianBecker » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:36 am

What's the speed limit on UK motorways? I mean, it is not OK to stick to the fast lane anyway (at least in Germany).
I usually keep to the right lane unless I'm overtaking a lorry or some other slow vehicle. The trouble is, I feel I'm the only person paying attention to speed limits, so quite often when I'm on the left lane, I'll be in some other persons way, which shouldn't actually be possible since this person should actually not be faster than me.
I have no sympathy for people like that.
Whenever the right lane is free, I'll stick to that and happily let others past.
However, people driving too slow on the left lane or people going way to fast both get my goat. They'll have to share it, though.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Penfold » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:56 am

The speed limit on UK motorways is 70mph (approx 113kph) and I think we are meant to behave the same way except that we stick to left hand side of the road (obviously, since we drive on the left which is the correct and proper way to drive. ;) :lol: ).

I heard somewhere that the Russians have taken to using dashboard cams because the standard of driving is so dangerous they like to have evidence in the event of accidents. Not a bad idea if you're doing a lot of driving. :D

I don't think anyone was hurt in these clips but they were bloody lucky! :o
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby janet » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 am

CB, my attitude to motorway driving is exactly the same as yours and based on arriving at my destination safely whilst causing no danger to myself or anyone else. I drive to my vehicle's capability, and mine, and plan overtaking moves well in advance. My dad taught me how to drive safely on motorways 40 years ago. One plan is to follow an Eddie Stobart lorry at a safe distance. Their drivers tend to be very safe.
janet

Postby chris.ph » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:57 pm

If i drove to my cars abilities i would be doing a ton 40 down the motorway lol, i just get wound up when people who aren't paying attention have already done their manoeuvre ie overtaking and then sit there at 60 with a queue building up behind them, its inconsiderate and now illegal to sit in the middle lane or outer lane after you have overtaken
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:29 pm

janet wrote:Your avatar must have scared them away, Ghost!

While I'm here...........drivers in supermarket carparks :evil: Just give us ONE clue as to where you're going. PLEASE! And hey..........those black and white stripes on the road....pedestrian crossing. OK!

I almost got run over a couple of months ago. A woman pulling out of her parking space didn't even bother to look behind her before she did and I had to move fast or get run over. She was oblivious to the whole thing. When I got in the store another woman who saw it came up to me and said, "It's a good thing you're fast on your feet!" We just laughed about it. But, I think those are the worst drivers, the ones who are just oblivious to everything around them. (I've got to ask, what's Fairy liquid?)
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Watchman44 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Here you are Catch-up....
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby janet » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Yup! Dat's der bunny!
Chris......I don't do any of the things you hate :shock: I may not be the fastest but i won't get in your way :naughty:
Catch-up........the other week my daughter and I were almost broadsided by a woman who drove straight out of a junction (we had right of way) without looking. In fact I still don't know how she missed us as I had nowhere to go to take evasive action. I just braked hard and she sped off at stupid speed in a 30 zone.
janet

Postby Catch-up » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Ah! Mystery solved. Thanks Watchman. :D

That's awful Janet! Yep, half the time they don't even acknowledge that they almost hit you. They're either completely oblivious or pretending to be. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Sigh... got an email from the airport saying they're sorry, but they picked somebody else for the job. They didn't even tell me what was wrong with me! I'm probably no good... everyone wants some sort of previous experience, but how am I supposed to get that experience if nobody will employ me?! What good do all my languages do if I cannot get anywhere with them?
And David was telling me that another job I applied for in the Summer over there in Ironbridge didn't go through either...

I am sadness. :(
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum