Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:08 am

Bloody vodaphone dongle, they have changed the PAYG topup to a monthly rollover data pack and totally screwed it all up, money grabbing erses, so I can only get online now with my phone so no piccies untill I get my credit transferred or broadband reinstalled . :x
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MrsWizzard » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 am

I'm frustrated because of one of my college professors. He assigned for a video project where we had to make a screen captured presentation to be completed over the weekend. The example video he gave us had the guy using Prezi instead of Powerpoint, and Prof said he would email us his own video tutorial on how to do it sometime over the weekend. Knowing how to use it and preferring it over Powerpoint myself, I made my presentation using Prezi as well. Finally Prof's tutorial video comes out (10 PM the night beforethe due date, mind you), and at the very tail end of the tutorial video, informs us that, even though it was used in the previously given example video, NOT to use Prezi! Without even giving a reason why! The night before we were supposed to have these damn things completed! I had to spend what was supposed to be my free time the next day switching my whole project over into a Powerpoint presentation :x
"Talk to the paw, mister, 'cos the whiskers don't want to know!!"
MrsWizzard

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:02 am

That's a bit naughty.

Can't you ask for more time, considering he left it until the last minute to email you his tutorial?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Batty » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Del has had her mobile and money taken from her purse in her new home.

She left the back door open & a tea-leaf walked in and helped himself. He left her credit cards but took the cash from her purse & the phone from the table.
As she hasn't got a wi-fi connection and used to access the Internet via her phone, it's caused her all sorts of problems - apart from the fact that she has now reverted to an old phone with no predictive text and the sheer annoyance directed at the lowlife!

A gated community should have offered her greater protection at home - not less!Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Oh no! Poor Del. Has she upset a Chinese person at some time who has cursed her to live in "interesting times"?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:50 pm

What a bloody shame, poor Del.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Image to poor del
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Penfold » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:21 pm

I hope the culprit has an unpleasant accident while trying to use Del's phone. :evil: However, at least it was only money and a phone that was taken since it could have been a lot worse (still bloody annoying and disturbing though).
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh poor Del.

Can she at least claim on insurance for the phone, and get a replacement sim card?

Surely, the gated community owners must hold some responsibility for security?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Batty » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Her phone wasn't insured, but the phone provider has cancelled the sim card, so the phone can't be used.

Del had to leave the door open to get rid of the smoke ... I think she'd been cooking ... :whistle:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby janet » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:41 pm

I know that 'interesting times' have to happen but why do they always seem to happen to Del?
:crying-blue:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby wicked woman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:47 pm

janet wrote:I know that 'interesting times' have to happen but why do they always seem to happen to Del?
:crying-blue:

del times aren't merely interesting, they are totally fascinating, and very strange.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Poor Del. :( Hope she didn't lose much cash. And, I agree, thank goodness nothing worse happened!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Poor Del :(
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby TinatheConfused » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 pm

Waily, Waily, oh my dear Del!!! If tis not ten things it is 15... ((((Big Hugs))))
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum