Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby chillicamper » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:42 am

Hope you're feeling better soon Ghost :romance-grouphug:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 am

Ghost wrote:I hope so the last time I was this bad I was sitting on a bus and it sped over a speed bump I felt a almighty click and it hurt like hell and half an hour later I was almost pain free with barely a limp for the rest of the day and no pain or limp the day after

Well the answer is............... get on a bus!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Bouncy!! I have not been on the forum that much how did things turn out with your Mum and builder. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Ghost wrote:I hope so the last time I was this bad I was sitting on a bus and it sped over a speed bump I felt a almighty click and it hurt like hell and half an hour later I was almost pain free with barely a limp for the rest of the day and no pain or limp the day after

funny enough I slipped on the front step the other day and it sort of clicked back into place
I think it's still an issue for the docs to work out
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm

I agree, making an appointment is a good plan.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Penfold » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:06 pm

I agree, it can't hurt to have it checked out properly.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby wicked woman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Ghost wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:

funny enough I slipped on the front step the other day and it sort of clicked back into place
I think it's still an issue for the docs to work out

Don't copy my father in law, he had a fall and refused to go to the hospital till he got home from holiday. Had a x-ray and found out he had been walking around on a broken leg. :shock:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:29 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Bouncy!! I have not been on the forum that much how did things turn out with your Mum and builder. :?:

Checked the Nationwide book, and it appears to be OK. Need to get a sneaky look at the chequebook next time.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Keep an eye on things, even if the checkbook is in order. There's probably a very good reason why you have such a bad feeling about this guy.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Bouncy!! I have not been on the forum that much how did things turn out with your Mum and builder. :?:

Checked the Nationwide book, and it appears to be OK. Need to get a sneaky look at the chequebook next time.

Bouncy, when you take a look at the cheque book, check the stubs for the whole book - sometimes sneaky bar stewards take out cheques towards the back of the book - to make it less obvious that any cheques are missing. :evil:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Quatermass » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:41 am

I am so over this. I am so sick and [EFF!]ing tired of not being able to find work. It's not enough that jobs I can work in are few and far between. No, it's the fact that I need these jobs more than any other berk that they get an application from, and yet, I am not chosen! I NEED WORK!

Plus, I applied for a job readvertised that I managed to get an interview for earlier in the year, and I wasn't even given an interview this time around. What the [EFF!]? I don't care anymore about any other applicants, or what the employers think. I DESERVE THESE POSITIONS MORE! I DESERVE THESE POSITIONS MORE! I DESERVE THESE POSITIONS MORE!

I have two degrees, and that should be more than enough to guarantee that I can get work! But noooooo, these idiots who run places I want to work at want more experience. How can I get more experience if I'm never given the opportunity!?

I'm expected to be a productive member of society, and yet, I am not given the opportunity. [EFF!] you society! [EFF!] you sideways up the fundament with a punji stick covered in unspeakable filth! And I hope you die of septicaemia, society! You've done nothing for me, even though I am expected to do something for you! [EFF!] you!

In short, I hate my life and everything in it.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Oh boy. Really sorry Q. I wish I had something practical to suggest. That is a huge catch 22, places wanting experience, but not being able to get hired to get experience. The only thing I can think to suggest is trying an internship or volunteer position that will gain you some experience. Of course, like I said, probably not practical.

Ghost, how's your hip doing?
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm

clicked back into place when I slipped off my front door step two days after I posted about it
so for now okay
Ghost

Postby pip » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Quatermass wrote:I am so over this. I am so sick and [EFF!]ing tired of not being able to find work. It's not enough that jobs I can work in are few and far between. No, it's the fact that I need these jobs more than any other berk that they get an application from, and yet, I am not chosen! I NEED WORK!

Plus, I applied for a job readvertised that I managed to get an interview for earlier in the year, and I wasn't even given an interview this time around. What the [EFF!]? I don't care anymore about any other applicants, or what the employers think. I DESERVE THESE POSITIONS MORE! I DESERVE THESE POSITIONS MORE! I DESERVE THESE POSITIONS MORE!

I have two degrees, and that should be more than enough to guarantee that I can get work! But noooooo, these idiots who run places I want to work at want more experience. How can I get more experience if I'm never given the opportunity!?

I'm expected to be a productive member of society, and yet, I am not given the opportunity. [EFF!] you society! [EFF!] you sideways up the fundament with a punji stick covered in unspeakable filth! And I hope you die of septicaemia, society! You've done nothing for me, even though I am expected to do something for you! [EFF!] you!

In short, I hate my life and everything in it.

Its a sad state of affairs. Try being in Ireland. Schools hospitals and government run agencies can't hire because of the recession and IMF interference so most people with great qualifications have nowhere to go with them. Mrs Pip has two degrees , a masters , a Higher Diploma in teaching plus experience teaching in two of the most prestigious schools in the country and can't get a job. Go figure.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby michelanCello » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 pm

So sorry to hear that Q! I really hope something will come up soon and they'll realise how lucky they are to have you working there!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum