Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:10 am

I remember when parents would deliberately infect their kids with chicken pox just to get it out of the way. :?
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Catch-up wrote:Hope your finger's better Bouncy!

Thanks. Getting there.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby wicked woman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:36 am

Decided to re-arrange my bookcase and discard a few books - not the fiction - it's needing more room for fiction that started this. Do I really need 7 books on massage and aromatherapy? The problem is which to get rid of. I have books open all over the table... :evil: can't make my mind up.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Parting with stuff can be tricky. If you can't decide, maybe put them aside for awhile and come back to it.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Catch-up wrote:Parting with stuff can be tricky. If you can't decide, maybe put them aside for awhile and come back to it.

I have. :lol: Which rather mucks up the idea of having a good tidy up. :roll:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Ghost » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:43 pm

or try the ippy dippy method :lol:
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Dotsie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:20 pm

I too had trouble deciding, but it had to go. So I got rid of all of it :shock: Actually have about a dozen paperbacks and half that in hardback (not counting books for work).

I feel a lot lighter though :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:46 am

wicked woman wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Parting with stuff can be tricky. If you can't decide, maybe put them aside for awhile and come back to it.

I have. :lol: Which rather mucks up the idea of having a good tidy up. :roll:

I know what you mean! It's just shifting piles.

Dotsie wrote:I too had trouble deciding, but it had to go. So I got rid of all of it :shock: Actually have about a dozen paperbacks and half that in hardback (not counting books for work).

I feel a lot lighter though :)

Sometimes that's the best choice. There's nothing I've ever regretted getting rid of.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby =Tamar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:22 pm

janet wrote:Sorry to cause such controversy but I did have chicken pox as a child and still have the pock marks to prove it. The second illness was the result of being involved with a play group for preschoolers which was run by my (teacher training) college and several children had chicken pox. One or two of us students had the same symptoms. Examined by college matron and confirmed by a GP. The third time was when I was teaching and again there was an outbreak of chicken pox at school and i got it. Sorry to argue but I know what I had!

I believe you. My mother had it so bad that we were all born with "natural immunity" passed on from her - she used to try to get us to catch it (visiting sick kids, etc) but we were resistant. However, after about 20 years or so, my older sister caught a mild case from her daughter.
=Tamar

Postby Conforumist » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:56 am

wicked woman wrote:Decided to re-arrange my bookcase and discard a few books - not the fiction - it's needing more room for fiction that started this. Do I really need 7 books on massage and aromatherapy? The problem is which to get rid of. I have books open all over the table... :evil: can't make my mind up.

Maybe some potpourri will give you enlightenment?? :?
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby wicked woman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Conforumist wrote:
wicked woman wrote:Decided to re-arrange my bookcase and discard a few books - not the fiction - it's needing more room for fiction that started this. Do I really need 7 books on massage and aromatherapy? The problem is which to get rid of. I have books open all over the table... :evil: can't make my mind up.

Maybe some potpourri will give you enlightenment?? :?

Maybe. Sure somewhere in these books it tells which oils are good for clearing the brain and making decisions. :lol:
wicked woman

Postby Conforumist » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:57 am

Sheesh,
My PC crashed while launching a game on Monday. It look me until about an hour ago, to fix it. What a frustrating mess! I finally had to put the Win7 disc in and restore everything from the external back-up drive. I'm glad I bought it a few months back.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby wicked woman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:34 pm

One of the little squares came off my keyboard ages ago, been pressing the space where it should be with the result that I now have no number_ (the one between 2 and 4). My own fault. :evil:
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Easily restored if you have the piece WW it should just click back.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:31 am

or if you don't look up keyboard blank replacement keys for your computer on ebay and paint on the number between 2 and 4 and click back
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum