Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Catch-up wrote:I feel like the worst mom ever! I forgot to be the Tooth Fairy last night. :( I felt so awful when Thing 2 walked down with her little tooth still in the box. She's handling it really well though. We've been brainstorming about what might have gone wrong. I'm going to try to come up with a good story to write in a little letter from the Tooth Fairy and a little something extra to give her. Any ideas on the story front would be most welcome! What could keep the Tooth Fairy from showing up (aside from being kidnapped by an insane assassin)?

The Tooth Fairy didn't have change and decided not to take an extra tooth in part payment. ;) Terry's got it covered.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby majomull » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Catch-up wrote:I feel like the worst mom ever! I forgot to be the Tooth Fairy last night. :( I felt so awful when Thing 2 walked down with her little tooth still in the box. She's handling it really well though. We've been brainstorming about what might have gone wrong. I'm going to try to come up with a good story to write in a little letter from the Tooth Fairy and a little something extra to give her. Any ideas on the story front would be most welcome! What could keep the Tooth Fairy from showing up (aside from being kidnapped by an insane assassin)?

When we did that, we explained that the Tooth Fairy went to the house next door by mistake- we got our neighbor to bring the money over while pretending to have a sore mouth from losing a tooth. Of course this only works if you have neighbors.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby Batty » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Try something along the lines of:
Dear Thing 2. Please forgive me for not visiting you yesterday, but I had so very many people to visit last night, that I ran out of change, so couldn't leave you anything.
I did visit you momentarily, to view your tooth, and was pleased to note that you have a very fine specimen indeed!
Please forgive me, and accept this note and money in exchange.

Yours sincerely,

The Tooth Fairy.

Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby raisindot » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Explain to her that she couldn't be there because a very evil man named Teatime invaded her home, put all of the tooth fairy's teeth in a giant magical circle and tried to extinguish belief in the world until a magical lady who could stop time defeated him with the aid of her grandfather, a giant skeleton who rides a white horse named Binky.
raisindot

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Tell her there was an ice hockey game on at the same time as a toothpaste shortage in the next town along. Teeth falling out everywhere :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:06 pm

You could use raisindot's story and give her The Hogfather as proof ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 am

:lol: So many great ideas! Got the note written, money left, and some sequins for a little extra.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:25 am

Catch-up wrote::lol: So many great ideas! Got the note written, money left, and some sequins for a little extra.

:D Being a parent involves some fancy foot work. ;)
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 am

Oppan Headbang Style!

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I hate writer's block. Have I mentioned this before? I'm sure that I have mentioned this before. Probably not with as much frequency as I could, but then that would only achieve my utter alienation from this BBS. I wish this novel would die in a [EFF!]ing hole!
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby wicked woman » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:20 am

Sympathy Q.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks. I am having a bit more luck with another novel, but it's the one I mentioned that I really want to get finished. I've been working on the story for six years now, and I'm over it...
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Sorry Q. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Conforumist » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Boooooooo
I sliced off part of the nail on my middle finger with the Xacto knife today!!! Grossss!

Luckily, the nail is still attached. I'm going to try and glue a fake nail over it and let it grow out naturally.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Try super glue on it Con or cover it with an epoxy resin glue over the nail.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Conforumist » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:45 pm

I already put this other stuff over it. :(
it's holding ok, but it's a bit thin. I think I'll add another layer.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum