Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Loopyc » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:42 am

I had the same thing a couple of months ago Chilli, dealt with 10 different companies who got involved, all because an old man hit another car which spun into mine as I sat at a junction. They wanted to scrap my poor old car but I insisted I wanted it back so they kindly (please note the sarcasm) let me buy it back (I do not recall SELLING it!!!!?????!!!!) and a reduced pay out. my nice garage man fixed it for a third of the price that insurance garage quoted :P thank goodness the man admitted liability.
I feel your pain :)
Loopyc

Postby chillicamper » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:35 am

So, after dealing with insurance all day (my job unfortunately) I come home to deal with insurance again. The insurers had called Karen to say they can't pick up the car till Wed 19th. Not the end of the world as it's still drivable. Thought we ought to call the car hire people that the insurance has instructed, to let them know the date that we will need the replacement car.
Called the Enterprise branch number we've been give asked when they will deliver the car - "we don't deliver, you have to pick it up" but we won't have a car, I explain. "that's OK we'll drive to collect you". If you are driving to us, why can't you just deliver the car, I ask....."we don't do that" :roll:

I explain that due to me being out at work, that leaves Karen to pick up the hire car and that as the nearest branch is 20 miles away this is very inconvenient. Especially when Karen wants to stay in easy reach of the school in case she gets a call from then if D has any problems with his medical stuff. The car hire company still refuse to deliver.

So I call the insurers. Speak to a really helpful lady who promised to get this resolved and calls me back exactly when she said she would - "i've organised someone to call you and confirm when the hire car will be delivered, it's unacceptable for you to have to collect the car".....great progress. :D

5 minutes later a call from the hire car company. "I'm calling to see when you want to pick the car up".......errrr, no, you are going to deliver it, the lady at the insurance has just confirmed this. "Oh, no, we don't deliver the cars, we can come out to pick you up if required" :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

I told the bloke it was not worth continuing the conversation and put the phone down. Called the insurance company again....they will get this sorted and someone will call us in the morning.

So we shall see...........but I'm not holding my breath. Through no fault of Karen's, her car was damaged. She needs to be in easy reach of the school. Why the hell can these people not understand this and just deliver a bloomin' car :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 pm

That's awful Chilli! :evil: Being in an accident is bad enough, but having to deal with service problems afterwards is unacceptable. Derek had a young driver rear end his car on the commute home a few days ago. The damage is only cosmetic, but we'll still have to get it in to get fixed. He did her a favor by not filing a police report at the time, she (or really her parents probably) will get off much cheaper paying the deductible than having the points on her record and increased insurance costs. Thankfully, the insurance company is handling everything. Hope you get things straightened out quickly!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm pretty sure that over here the insurance companies won't deal unless there's a crime number (ie, reported to the cops).

Though, as a non-driver, I could be wrong!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby wicked woman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:58 pm

When someone re ended me I phoned the police later to check. If you exchange details, and if no one is hurt, and if there is no damage to roadside barriers / lampposts etc. you don't need to call the police.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Ahhh.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:55 pm

it's about 11 weeks till my holiday and there still isn't a concrete date for it
I've booked the time off of work in fact I booked a little extra time off
to cover any flux in the travel date and I have saved enough to cover travel and shelter
and I have work on saving money for spending
but it's really frustrating that the only thing I haven’t got for my first holiday in 25 years
is the date and the longer I have to wait the more I believe that yet again it's not going to happen Image
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Ghost, can't you tell your employer that you need to have dates confirmed for travel purposes? I don't think it unreasonable to expect that. Hope you get it sorted. *HUGS*
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:14 pm

no I've got the time off for the holiday from my manager that isn't the issue what is frustrating is the date for the holiday keeps on changing partly because my dad booked the wrong month and in the time it took to rebook the family before us extended their stay so I can't buy the train tickets until I know what the leaving date is
Ghost

Postby Conforumist » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Sheesh,
We had people which were interested in renting our townhouse. They called 2 days ago, wanting to meet on the weekend to go over the lease etc. He just called and said they changed their minds! The piss of is that we asked the current people to be out and gave them $200 off the rent to do so. Now, I don't know if it will be rented for July 1st.

I did see an ad for someone looking for a place. I called them right after I posted my place again. I hope that will pan out...
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Best of luck finding someone Con :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby wicked woman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Conforumist wrote:Sheesh,
We had people which were interested in renting our townhouse. They called 2 days ago, wanting to meet on the weekend to go over the lease etc. He just called and said they changed their minds! The piss of is that we asked the current people to be out and gave them $200 off the rent to do so. Now, I don't know if it will be rented for July 1st.

I did see an ad for someone looking for a place. I called them right after I posted my place again. I hope that will pan out...

At least if it's empty you can present it properly, hope you find new tenants soon.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Penfold » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:13 am

I was going to say what WW said and that at least they wont be there to trash the place before the next viewers. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Conforumist » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:54 pm

True,
I got an email from an interested person yesterday. I spoke with her on the phone. She if it would be possible to have it for the 15th of July. I said that would be perfect, to give us time to clean etc. We are showing them the place on Tuesday eve. Fingers crossed!
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Hope it goes well for you Con. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum