Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Conforumist » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Geez, what's wrong with these people!?!!?!?
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby chillicamper » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:55 am

That's terrible Broc! Hope that you can get this resolved. It does need to be taken higher. How can teachers even think like that!
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby janet » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 am

:shock:
Oh Broc, that's awful for you and your daughter. It's not just Brianna being bullied but they're trying it on you too. Never heard the like and I was a teacher for best part of 30 years! If a school is behaving like this, they're breaking every rule in their professional code of conduct and THEY are the ones failing you and your daughter.....not the other way round. :(
Hope you can get this resolved quickly. HUG!
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Putting her hand up too loudly?

Seriously?

Good grief.

A transfer, at the least, to another class is appropriate.

Can they actually hear what comes out of their mouths?

Astonishing.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Mr Dotsie took up the flooring in our dining room and hall today, we were hoping the original tiles would still be intact underneath but weren't holding out much hope. Which was lucky as it turned out, as the cowboy builders who 'fixed up' the house a few years ago had poured concrete over them, so they'd be level for the cheap crappy laminate to go on top :evil: Ruined. I'd rather the tiles weren't there at all.

Vandals, says Mr Dotsie, and I have to agree.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Well held, Mr Dotsie. Well held.

I'd have had something a tad fruitier to say about them builders.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby chillicamper » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Karen picked up her new car (well 4 yr old but new to her) on Monday. And then today some bloody numpty goes and revereses in to in in the car park at school! AAARRRGGHHHHH! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: The lady said she didn't see it! It's bloody bright blue! :doh: :roll:

Now we've got to go through the whole waiting for garages to pick it up and hire cars etc. The 3rd party insurers (Direct Line.......dear god help us!) have admitted liability and will organise the repair but had wanted to send it to a repair garage in Havant. That's the same garage that brought Karen's old car back last year with interior damage, a broken radio and paint overspray when they repaired that following another no fault accident! We've told Direct Line where they can shove that garage - so now it's going to a place in Aldershot.

Then they tried to say we would have to go over to Basingstoke to pick up a hire car. So I have also told them to stick that Idea - it's not Karen's fault someone hit her car so they can bloody well deliver a hire car to us..............and breathe......I seriously need a beer!
chillicamper

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Ouch. didn't even have it two days.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby janet » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:31 pm

ONE beer Chilli? I'd say it was a good excuse for at least two (but glad Karen wasn't hurt)
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Yikes! That's awful!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Here you are Chilli, this should be about the right amount

One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Ghost » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby wicked woman » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm

What they all said chilli.

Ghost that beer looks flat, maybe you need new batteries.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby =Tamar » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:51 am

Broccolee wrote:So when I arrived this morning with the counsellor,they tried the old "We expected you an hour ago" on me. But hey, I had written that letter,right? So I said so, and the class teacher had to admit that neither had she read the letter (remember they pick on Brianna for not doing tasks until the precise date and for not reading the set problems properly...) nor had she informed the math teacher, who, alas, is also the term coordinator.
Because the counsellor was there, who also confirmed the set time, they had to back down. What a pack of bitches!

I hope that both you and the counsellor kept detailed records of what they actually said and did during the meeting.
The attempt to claim that the appointment time which _they_ originally set (in a phone call, I notice, not an email, which could have been used as proof) was earlier is a blatant attempt at psychological manipulation. It tells me that they are also trying to get rid of you as an activist parent who might upset their cushy set-up of conditioned-obedient victims.

Broccolee wrote:Then they started counting up all the awful things my daughter does...putting her hand up too loudly was honestly one of them and followed by a multitude of similarly terrible breaches of school law and wound up by saying "and that's why we would like you to take your daughter from our school".

How on earth does anyone put up their hand loudly? I was once criticised (not in school) for breathing too loudly, but at least breathing does involve some sound.

Broccolee wrote:we hope we can transfer her to a different class instead of another school (with other teachers....) But the rub is that this is a decision that has to be made by the principal....and the term coordinator...and the class teacher...

Well, at least one of them ought to approve a change, since she's the one who is complaining so much.
I suppose that there are reasons why your daughter might want to stay - friends, a short commute, etc. - but a different school might be better. My stepdaughters moved to a different city and school in their teens and it made a huge improvement.
=Tamar

Postby chillicamper » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:47 am

janet wrote:ONE beer Chilli? I'd say it was a good excuse for at least two (but glad Karen wasn't hurt)

Indeed, Karen was just upset that the lovely car (which was partly bought with some money left by her late Grandad) has already been damaged. The kids were in the car as well and they have been so excited about getting the car so they were upset as well. But at least no one was hurt.

I settled on some Bramble liqueur from Lurgashall Winery last night......still didn't stop me feeling fed up ;) This is Karen's car - pre accident. How can anyone miss that colour, it's a bright enough blue!

Just feeling apprehensive about the whole repair process. Karen's old car was hit by someone pulling out in to the side of her just over a year ago. That time Churchill Insurance paid the bills, but their repair garage was awful and the standard of work was rubbish. We complained and got compensation. So being told (this time by Direct Line - another RBS group insurer) that they wanted to send it to the same garage has not filled me with confidence :? I have spoken to the 3rd party insurers and the car is now going to another garage, but its still a worry as to what quality the repair will be.
chillicamper

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum