Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby wicked woman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Erm . . . yes? :?

:? Definitely.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby =Tamar » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:33 pm

My frustration is that sometimes I want to make a comment that, while it might be helpful to the person, is inappropriate for the online group, and I don't know how to send a personal message from within a group. It would be just a minor niggle except that it happens all the time.
=Tamar

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Just click the little PM icon under your name on the LH side.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:12 pm

wicked woman wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Erm . . . yes? :?

:? Definitely.

QC files are little text files that tell my animation models what to do, and trust me, I feel the exact same way when i look at them. :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:43 am

=Tamar wrote:My frustration is that sometimes I want to make a comment that, while it might be helpful to the person, is inappropriate for the online group, and I don't know how to send a personal message from within a group. It would be just a minor niggle except that it happens all the time.

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Just click the little PM icon under your name on the LH side.

To add, if you click on the PM under their name, you get it addressed to the person already. The subject will be the name of the thread you're in. If you click on their username instead, you will get a PM option and you can add your own subject.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:47 am

Yes, what Dug and Dotsie said. If you click on the PM icon of the actual comment made by the person you wish to PM, that comment will automatically be quoted along with the subject title.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby =Tamar » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:11 am

Thanks!
=Tamar
=Tamar

Postby Broccolee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:55 pm

I have been to yet another talk at my daughter's school,but this time I was cleverer and asked the external school counsellor,with whom my daughter and I have had several talks already,to attend the appointment.I informed the class teacher she would accompany me in a letter on Friday,also confirming the time and date of the appointment said teacher had given me by phone the previous week.
The math teacher has been abominable...she consistantly picks on Brianna for every little thing,although I have repeatedly explained that my daughter has considerable problems with the things she complains of and needs more time and patience to cope with the present situation.Yet she shouts at her,ridicules her in front of the class,gives her far too much homework and punishes her if she doesn't finish it...down to giving her a minus for little things like forgetting her pencil..and writes it down in the class book "Brianna has forgotten her pencil." "Brianna has entered the class half a minute too late" and makes her keep penalty hours in the office for it.Of course,in her opinion she is in the right,and she never had a child like my daughter in 35 years...that's the sort of teacher she is.Urrrggghhh!
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Broccolee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 pm

So when I arrived this morning with the counsellor,they tried the old "We expected you an hour ago" on me.But hey,I had written that letter,right?So I said so,and the class teacher had to admit that neither had she read the letter (remember they pick on Brianna for not doing tasks until the precise date and for not reading the set problems properly...) nor had she informed the math teacher,who,alas,is also the term coordinator.
Because the counsellor was there,who also confirmed the set time,they had to back down.What a pack of bitches!
Then they started counting up all the awful things my daughter does...putting her hand up too loudly was honestly one of them and followed by a multitude of similarly terrible breaches of school law and wound up by saying "and that's why we would like you to take your daughter from our school".
:o
The counsellor was great and did her best,and we hope we can transfer her to a different class instead of another school (with other teachers....) But the rub is that this is a decision that has to be made by the principal....and the term coordinator...and the class teacher...

Schools!I tell you!
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Yikes, Broc! That's terrible. :o
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Distgusting behavior from the teachers, just shows them up as not being fit for the job when all they want is an easy time of it. :shock:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Sounds to me like your daughter's being bullied. Can you take this higher?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 pm

I agree with Dotsie, this is bullying by the teachers there has to be redress somewhere
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Oh Broccolee, that is so WRONG! I'm furious for you. :evil: That is, without a doubt, bullying and I'm so glad you had an outside witness. Do you have anti-bullying laws there? Is there anything about bullying in the school handbook. Not only should you get your daughter moved, you should come down on those teachers like a ton of bricks. Huge, huge hugs for you and Brianna! :cry:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Penfold » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:12 pm

That's awful Broc but maybe your daughter would be better off at another school than having to put up with those so called 'teachers'. I would definitely take it higher with whatever your education government body is (I assume that they are the ones in charge of policy for schools).
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum