Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby chillicamper » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 am

Sorry to hear that the bugs caught you Susanne. Hope you feel better soon :D
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Del » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 am

Oh catch up. What a bugger being sick on your hols. We share your pain. We have been running through the alphabet of germs here too. And the full.range of drugs. Just won't go away.

But... on your holidays!!!!!! Not good. Get better mate.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby wicked woman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 am

Got a phone call last night at 6pm, the library has a book I ordered. They close at 5.30 and are not open today. :evil:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 am

Oooh. How annoying.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 am

They did that on purpose. There must be an evil genius working there :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby wicked woman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 am

pip wrote:They did that on purpose. There must be an evil genius working there :lol:

Is an evil automated genius! The worst sort. :evil:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks for the get well wishes. I feel slightly more human today. Unfortunately I have to use what little energy I have to go grocery shopping. Poor Ava has been coughing almost non-stop, but says she feels fine otherwise. I just keep telling myself this can't last forever - right?! :?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:35 pm

only eternity lasts forever catch up, you will all be over it shortly, hopefully b4 christmas :dance:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Hugs to Ava . Morgan's been coughing her lungs up for day. Doctor finally diagnosed severe bronchitis.

Just a note... whooping cough rates are at record levels for years in Australia and the UK. Both countries are urging people in immunize.
Del

Postby Dotsie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Seconded. Also, hugs to Ava and Morgan.

My frustration is, you know when you ask your boss if you can get out of something, they say of course no worries, and they're there when someone else volunteers to do it for you, so you book your hols, then they email you to ask you to provide cover, then you have to say you can't do it, cos you've got holidays booked... and they get huffy and point out that providing cover is your responsibility? You know that? Grrr! So I had to reply saying gosh yes, you're right, but when we three discussed it previously with so and so and he said he would do it I thought it was sorted, sorry if it wasn't and you had to do it... but you're hoping that it's not obvious from your email that you're thinking "Stop picking on me! This is your flipping fault and you're trying to make me feel like I've done something wrong! You forgetful old baggage!"
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chillicamper » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:52 am

Catch-up wrote:Thanks for the get well wishes. I feel slightly more human today. Unfortunately I have to use what little energy I have to go grocery shopping. Poor Ava has been coughing almost non-stop, but says she feels fine otherwise. I just keep telling myself this can't last forever - right?! :?

Hugs for the family. :romance-grouphug: ....It won't last forever. with any luck you can get all the germs out of the way before Christmas.

Del wrote:Hugs to Ava . Morgan's been coughing her lungs up for day. Doctor finally diagnosed severe bronchitis.

Just a note... whooping cough rates are at record levels for years in Australia and the UK. Both countries are urging people in immunize.

Hope Morgan's better soon. :romance-grouphug:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Del » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 am

Thanks. I will pass the hugs to Morgan. It seems to be taking so long to get any better. Thank goodness it has struck after exams.

Dots..... Oh yeah! Been there worn the Tshirt ..stinks. Not the easiest to type that email through gritted teeth... and then you have to spell check and proof read it a dozen times JUST to make sure a random ' you stupid cow' didn't sneak through.....

Just a tip .. if you intend working there for any length of time write up some protocols to stop this happening again. Then next time you will have all your bases covered. I am sure you aren't the only one it has happened to and if you write them up then they might make some sense.. and you get to make them to your specifications.

Is it a silly question to ask if you also have protocols for what happens to your work while you are away.. who does it... who is responsible.. and what happens about catch up when you get back?
Del

Postby Dotsie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 am

I do it, and I catch up when I'm back ;) But then, it's not usual to take time off in term time, I just needed to take that couple of days. She's actually pretty good, anyone else and I would have sent an email at the time as a reminder. I was just feeling tense yesterday and didn't need my wrist slapping!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks for all the hugs and good wishes guys! Whooping Cough has been a problem here too. Both girls have been vaccinated for it, but I realize that's not a guarantee that they won't get it. Thankfully, Ava's cough doesn't sound like whooping or bronchitis. It doesn't sound like her chest is congested at all, or very little. But, the cough is almost constant. Better with medicine, but not completely gone. If she's not better in a day or two, I'll take her in to the doctor.

I'm sure we'll all be healthy by Christmas (knock wood!), but in the meantime I'm too disorganized to shop. :( At this rate I'll run out of time to do any ordering online and will HAVE to go into the stores. :roll:

WW, hope you get your book soon!

Del, hugs for M! Hope she's feeling better soon.

Dotsie, that would upset me too. You do your best to cover your bases and it gets thrown back in your face.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Jo of the Gates » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Frustration: Right after I shoveled out buckets of money for a new roof (been putting it off way too long) I got laid off. I sure wish I had that money back! But then, to add insult to injury, I started having electrical problems, so I hired an electrician. Then my water heater died, so I had a new one installed, and now my car needs a new radiator! I was in decent shape before all this!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
--Douglas Adams
Jo of the Gates

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum