Susan Boyle!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 pm

I reckon the judges re-actions were 100% genuine. Can you honestly believe that Simon Whats-his-face and Piers Whats-his-name would actually lower themselves to bother to listen to every no-hoper before appearing in every show?

The bit when she can't remember the word "village" got me. How's she going to remember a whole song if she can't remember the word "village"? The stage fright's got to her.

Then BANG!

I've watched it at least 10 times!

It gets me exactly like that bit at the end of "Scent of a Woman" when Al Pacino does his speech on the school stage in defence of Chris O'Donnell.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:22 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:I reckon the judges re-actions were 100% genuine. Can you honestly believe that Simon Whats-his-face and Piers Whats-his-name would actually lower themselves to bother to listen to every no-hoper before appearing in every show?

Of course not - that's what lackeys are for - listen to all the dross & pick out the best for the panel, with a post-it note stuck on the notes saying "she's good - act surprised"
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chapelboys » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:11 pm

well , i think it is genuine. and i wont be changing my mind.

I loved the bit when she said her age. I fell off my chair.
chapelboys

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Simon Cowell is the "main man". Do you really believe that his enormous ego would let his judgement be dictatated by a lackey? He just turned up and got a big fat cheque so he could be a condescending prick to wannabe stars, like he usually is, but even he was blown away.

What about the audience? Their spontaeneous standing and cheering was rehearsed as well? What about the other two judges standing up and cheering - was that scripted too?

Methinks you've been imbibing too much at the cynical juice fountain :lol:

So how come you believe this was fixed but don't believe the moon landing was fixed? :wink:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:02 pm

*slaps naughty pooh and dotsie too* :lol:
That sounds like a kiddies entertainment duo - Pooh & Dotsie too... Can you do parties and sing 'The Wheels of the Bus' please :twisted:

Oi! You're both right OK - Cowell's such a control freak he'd know who'd made the show list for sure, so even if he hadn't heard her beforehand, one look at her and like he said he'd suss that she had something going for her

Piers is a berk and Amanda's soft as a very soft thing - and the audience was stunned because they'd all been having a bloody good snigger at her before she started to sing - and watched the panel;s reaction of course :roll:

I think she's smashing but these shows are still pure and total crap and all about humilation and raising hopes too high. I've never watched a BGT show all the way through and I never will - not even for a good 'underdog'
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tiffany » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm not keen on tallent shows, but I do watch X Factor & before it finished Fame Academy, I did love the house they used for that.......wonder what happened to it, guess it was sold?
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Jan

How about "Opportunity Knocks" with Hughie Green - was that crap? :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 pm

*counts on fingers to work out how old she was then - gives up as she needs toes too and can't be arsed...*

Well I was very young back then and because we only had the 3 channels some of which still only had black and white pictures, I wasn't quite so jaundiced at age 6ish :P
So yeah I watched that sometimes and looking back it was naff rather than crap - but it was innocent naffness and at least we didn't get 99.9% singers all the flippin' time! :lol:
Does anyone remember the guy who used to paint himself gold and do the Mr Universe muscle flexing to music? It damaged me for life! :twisted:

Happy days! :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:33 pm

I remember Freddy Star dressed as Hitler in shorts, which at the time was funny. :lol:

quick check on youtube

In fact here he is on the Des O'Connor show;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClR4Df8ZIbI

There was another talent show whose claim to fame was they launched Showaddywaddywaddywaddy but I can't remember the name :?:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:03 am

Search for a Star? that was Marti Caine hosting on there I think? circa 1980's :?:

There was a semi-vicious one in the 70's Tony 'Crossroads/Neighbours' Hatch and Mickey Most - New Faces! :shock: (had to look up Lenny Henry on Wiki to get that as he got his 'big break' on there). That might have been were Showaddywaddy?
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 am

poohbcarrot wrote:Methinks you've been imbibing too much at the cynical juice fountain :lol:

So how come you believe this was fixed but don't believe the moon landing was fixed? :wink:

:lol: I drink from the fountain every morning!

And how come you believe Simon Cowell is a straight-up guy, but you don't believe in the Moon landings? :wink:

Better stop now, or we will get told off again by Jan...
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:44 am

Dotsie wrote:And how come you believe Simon Cowell is a straight-up guy, but you don't believe in the Moon landings? :wink:

Better stop now, or we will get told off again by Jan...

..and how come you think Simon Cowell isn't a straight-up guy, but you believe Richard Nixon was? :wink:

Anyway, I've stopped now because I am in mortal fear of the wrath of Quirm. (She might post another of those long rambling ones that contradicts itself half way through and does my head in :P )
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:48 am

poohbcarrot wrote:..and how come you think Simon Cowell isn't a straight-up guy, but you believe Richard Nixon was? :wink:

I don't! But I am a straight-up gal :wink:

Anyway, I've stopped now because I am in mortal fear of the wrath of Quirm. (She might post another of those long rambling ones that contradicts itself half way through and does my head in :P )

:lol: You're for it now!

(And stop poking me, I can't help myself!)
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:22 pm

:lol:

You're both lucky - I have to do housework today for once :evil:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:31 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:

And now the housework is done... 8)

I do your head in pooh? :lol:

I think I may have to rest on my laurels a while and throw you a 'long rambling one' another day when you're least expecting it.... :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum