Strange Food Combinations

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:29 am

Wensleydale cheese and strawberry jam sandwiches are nice!
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:02 pm

I like that too - any cheese with most red/blue/black jams although blue cheeses are a bit strange - they taste great with really strong dark marmalade though - with lots of peel! *slobbers a lot*

Brie and Camembert-type cheese are especially lush with jam - Cranberry seems to work best though, nice and tart :D
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:46 pm

A nice blue cheese with brussels pate and barbecue sauce makes a damn fine toastie :)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby lance-constable rose » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:36 am

i used to love those chocolate covered pretzels you used to get back in the 90's where did those go? also when i was younger i used dip flumps (marshmallow things) in gravy mmmmm :)
A lie will go around the world before Truth has even got his boots on.
lance-constable rose

Postby Dotsie » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 am

lance-constable rose wrote:i used to love those chocolate covered pretzels you used to get back in the 90's where did those go?

My friend was in the advert for those! So of course I went straight out & bought some. Can't say I was that impressed though.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:51 am

Dotsie wrote:My friend was in the advert for those! So of course I went straight out & bought some. Can't say I was that impressed though.

If we have digressed to obscure links people have to the almost rich and famous, one of my friends was one of the school kids in the Boomtown Rats - I don't like Mondays, video.
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:38 pm

I'v got no rich or famous friends...that I know of (one of them could be fighting crime during nights of course :D )

I used to love bread with raw onions and cheese on top, and there was a time I used ketchup on absolutely everything.
As a kid my sister and I made up a drink of coca cola with vanilla and caramel ice cream in it - very nice :D
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Polly » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:47 pm

My gran used to make sugar and margarine sandwiches - couldn't eat that now though. I used to eat the sugar cubes as well

I liked tomato soup with boiled potato in it -
Hubby thought it was weird but not as bad as my mums boiled fish in milk Yuk!
:shock:
Polly

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Tiffany wrote:I used to love crisp,plain flavoured & oxo sandwiches. :D
I loved eating condensed milk out of the tin with a spoon, best if opened & left in the fridge over night. :D
Was it Fussels that was the best for me Hmmmmmm,used to go through tins. Oh my poor teeth.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:21 pm

Polly wrote:My gran used to make sugar and margarine sandwiches - couldn't eat that now though. I used to eat the sugar cubes as well

I liked tomato soup with boiled potato in it -
Hubby thought it was weird but not as bad as my mums boiled fish in milk Yuk!
:shock:
Oh we used to have that as well must be a Scottish thing a piece on sugar with jelly cubes on the side. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:54 pm

WannabeAngua wrote:As a kid my sister and I made up a drink of coca cola with vanilla and caramel ice cream in it - very nice :D

That reminds me that I used to drink Coca-Cola with salted peanuts. It was better to put the peanuts inside the drink and let the juice ferment for about 5 minutes though.

WannabeAngua - A fizzy drink and vanilla ice cream is lovely. I still also like a cheese and raw onion sandwich, or failing that, a corned beef and onion sandwich - providing I'm staying indoors for the rest of the day!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:01 pm

got to sat wots stange about chese and onion + cornbeef and onion sanwiches , i have both at least once a week for work, now if it was cornbeef and bananana that would be odd :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Nowt strange about raw onion & cheese, Chris. I was just agreeing with WannabeAngua that it's enjoyable. I love raw onions.
Mind you, I also enjoy frozen frozen peas. I like to put them in my mouth and let them defrost on my tongue.

Have you tried pancakes with marmite?
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby WannabeAngua » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:35 pm

got to sat wots stange about chese and onion + cornbeef and onion sanwiches

Nothing wrong at all Chris. I would still eat it but that would mean no good-night kisses from neither my big or wee man.....and a raw onion sandwich is nice, but not that nice :wink:

A friend of ours eats his toast with bananana and mayonnaise and swears it tastes exellent :shock:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Straw Walker » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:34 pm

I was introduced to the joys of Cheddar and raw onion by a lovely old couple I lodged with in Cricklewood in the late 60's. A doorstep of fresh bread with a hunk of cheddar and an onion, all washed down with a large mug of cocoa was my supper every night for several years.:D

I also enjoy Bourne-Vita sandwiches.:D Ovaltine isn't the same. :wink:
I think the answer lies in the soil, ooo arrr!
Straw Walker

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum