Strange Food Combinations

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Strange Food Combinations

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:15 pm

In the Last Continent, Rincewind mentions disgusting food concoctions made in the wee small hours when drunk. He also accidently discovered Vegemite when trying to make bread with beer and salt.

When I was a kid I loved banana and sugar sandwiches. :shock:
15 years ago when I lived in the UK I used to love Cornflakes and milk with Horlicks generously sprinkled on top.
Now one of my favourite (non-alcoholic) drinks is grape juice with milk. :P

What strange food/drink combinations do you like?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:30 pm

I like to put drinking chocolate powder into plain yoghurt & dip shortcake biscuits in - yum. But all nice things so not really that wierd. When I was a teenager I used to make chocolate spread & peanut sandwiches, tasted a bit like marathons (snickers, whatever).

I also believe that there aren't many foods that don't taste better with vinegar & grated parmesan. But now I'm on a diet so my vegetables actually taste like vegetables. Wierd :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Re: Strange Food Combinations

Postby cols » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:...

When I was a kid I loved banana and sugar sandwiches. :shock: ...

Hey I love these , we used to get them all the time when we were kids and I guess I never thought they were odd as I still eat them!! :oops:

When I was pregnant I loved mixing tuna fish with ice-cream :shock: sounds disgusting now but at 4 every morning I'd be shoveling it in to my gob!
cols

Postby Tiffany » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm

I used to love crisp,plain flavoured & oxo sandwiches. :D
I loved eating condensed milk out of the tin with a spoon, best if opened & left in the fridge over night. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby chris.ph » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:43 pm

i love chocolate fingers and pickled onions :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:23 pm

I used to enjoy hot dogs with salad cream, with hundreds & thousands sprinkled on top.
The thing is, the hot dog had to be hot in order that the sugar strands melted into the salad cream...

Also, if anyone wanted potato soup I would mix smash potato with too much water so that it really did taste like soup.

I still like crisp sandwiches, but I haven't had the other two for years!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:08 am

One drunken night, all I had in the house was some Sharwoods vindaloo paste and a fruit cake. I had this great idea that it would make a nice sweet and spicy snack. It didn't . It was 'orrible! :D
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 am

Ewwww! :shock:

Although there's a certain logic to it as you can put sultanas in curry... :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Batty » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:47 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:One drunken night, all I had in the house was some Sharwoods vindaloo paste and a fruit cake. I had this great idea that it would make a nice sweet and spicy snack. It didn't . It was 'orrible! :D

I think the most salient part of that sentence was: 'one drunken night...'

Yuck!

Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:21 pm

dodgy kebabs, to my embarressment weve even had christmas cards off the local kebab shop (i dont use it often honest :oops: ) :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Kebabs! God I love kebabs. Food of the Gods! You can buy Marmite and Beans and almost every other UK food but very, very rarely do you find kebabs in Japan.

Have you ever put a piece of kebeb meat in your fridge overnight and looked at it the next day? :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tiffany » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 pm

We used to have a man with a van selling kebabs, I loved them too, but his van caught fire on the main road one day. It was quite a blaze. :shock: :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby chris.ph » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:08 pm

not surprized with the amount of fat in a kebab :lol: bet the chili sauce was hot that night and everything was definately flamegrilled :lol: :lol:
chris.ph

Postby mspanners » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Eat a few hot cross buns with tasty cheddar cheese in them the other Night after a Night out on the tiles... !

:)

Emmmmmmmmm Nice!!
mspanners

Postby Batty » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:15 am

I like hot cross buns with cheese. I also like cheese and jam sandwiches.
I'm getting hungry now...
Batty

Next

Return to The Broken Drum