What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Catch-up » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Sometimes I think riding wolves would be safer. :roll: I don't do the riding though, Ava does. The last time I tried a lesson, I fell off. :oops: In the four years she's been riding, she has yet to fall off, or "join that club" as her teacher puts it. I think that might be a record!

Dotsie, I hope Mr. Dotsie made it home in time for your date! The girls are going to have a sleepover at their grandma's while my sister is staying there, so we're going to get a date soon too. :D We're thinking dinner out and The Hobbit.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Catch up you're in for a treat in seeing the Hobbit, it's great. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Broccolee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:51 pm

I'd love to go see the Hobbit with the boys,but I promised the girls I'd go to see the newest Tinkerbell film (gods,this autocorrect,turned Tinkerbell into Tonkerbell),anyway,and I can't A.leave the girls to themselves for two and a half hours nor can I B.pay cinema admission twice over.

So I'll wait to see it when it's out in the library,like most films that interest me.I don't mind too much,as I can stop it to go loo or get some more popcorn,also noone minds if I fall asleep in the middle of it. :-)

I read a critic about the Hobbit saying that it's not very close to the book,lacks depth and only lives because of the special effects and the fighting scenes,which are supposed to be hopelessly overdone.

What is your opinion?
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Typical critic trying to make a name for themselves Broc, probably never watched it and just used the blurb from elsewhere or clips, it has a few add-on's just like the LOTR but does not detract from the film, a little bit slow for the first 10 minutes some great one liners which are not in the book but the story line is not too far from it, if you liked LOTR you'll like the Hobbit . :handgestures-thumbupleft: :greetings-cya:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Pretty much what Dug said. I was actually surprised at how close it stayed to the book in many places. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Broccolee » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:10 am

Oh good,I'll give the boys the book then to catch up on a bit of background before they go.
Have you seen the postman yet,Penfold? :D
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby chris.ph » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:15 am

my mrs has gone to the sales without me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ebay and amazon here i come :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Penfold » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Broccolee wrote:Oh good,I'll give the boys the book then to catch up on a bit of background before they go.
Have you seen the postman yet,Penfold? :D

I'm afraid not. I have to go into town and collect it from their parcels office which I will do on the way into work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting it. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 pm

ace my to me from me Christmas pressy has arrived
I brought it using part of the refund from my failed ebay venture
and I made sure not to watch this on-line so apart from the very basic blurb on the back of the box
I have no idea what it's about
there is something about buying blind that makes anime purchases so enjoyable Image
providing I don't waste too much money
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby jaznbonnie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:02 pm

chris.ph wrote:my mrs has gone to the sales without me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ebay and amazon here i come :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with you Chris. The idea of getting caught up in all that madness is rather disturbing. :shock:
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Dotsie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Haven't bothered with sales shopping yet, we've been sanding & painting the spare room. All done! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:32 pm

some of my babies :lol:

just to make del jealous :whistle: :whistle:

i hope you fill the spare room shortly dotsie :pray: :D :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby jaznbonnie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Used my Amazon gift card to order 3 DVD's - The Hogfather, Going Postal & Color of Magic - as well as the book: Where's My Cow? The book is going to my daughter and son-in-law for our soon coming newest Pratchett fan. :D
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 am

The Hogfather is my favorite out of the three, GP is quite good too, COM is a bit of a mishmash combined with the LF, Sky screwed up a bit on that one but it's OK all said and done. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Alanz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 am

Got me a Kindle Fire HD for Chrimbo and a £20 Amazon Gift card, so got a couple of books "Long earth" plus "Johnny and the Bomb" plus a few free games, should keep me occupied on Nights :D
Alanz

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum