What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Del » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 pm

I can say this because by the time H comes online it will be a few days. ;)

We have had a really busy few days getting ready for the house sale and after the house was pristine we went out and got takeout tonight AND a block of air drying clay so H could relax this evening. I have an open plan house so the dining room is "in" the lounge room and I was on the net doing invoices while she was "creating".

She wanted to do a Hammerhead shark and the teen made her a rough drawing of one and so she set off on her creation. While I was distracted on the computer she asked "Mum? Does a Hammerhead shark have one of those sticky up bits that other sharks have?" "A fin?" I asked. "Sure they do."

Well after she finished she cleaned up her hands and watched TV for a bit, had a cam chat with our long long term girlfriend in Ohio minutes before she was due to go for a knee replacement (and who just became a Grandma :D so she was showing us millions of pics we were awing about :D ... should have mentioned ... another thing that made me smile tonight) and eventually H went off to bed.

So a few minutes ago I went to make myself a cup of tea and checked out the "Hammerhead shark" H has sitting on the dining room table to air dry.... and almost peed myself. Called M out to have a look and we have both been on the floor laughing so hard it was difficult to take a pic.

Its more flat and square shaped than shark shaped... and I CAN see a hammerhead shark sort of.... but it looks exactly like spongebobsquarepants lying naked on his back looking VERY happy to see a MRS spongebobsquarepants if there was one... if you get my drift. :lol: :lol: :lol: The sticky up bit isnt exactly ummmmmm "fin shaped" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now... I ask you... do I let her take this to school for show and tell? :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby michelanCello » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Del... :lol: Poor H, she's been working on it so hard!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Catch-up » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Penfold wrote:This won't help your pc problems, Susanne, but here's some more Dara O'Briain talking about his experience with video games (sort of computer related, I suppose) which might cheer you up a bit. :D

Thank you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I love that man.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:48 pm

CB, good news! :D

Del! :lol:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Selkie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Show us a pic, Del! :mrgreen:
Selkie

Postby spideyGirl » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm

My lad had his photo taken with Kate Mulgrew at the Star Trek convention (Captain Janeway from Voyager) and it keeps making me grin so much as he was sooooooo chuffed! We kept it a secret right up til we were about 50th in the queue. :D :D :D

Great day all round. My first ever convention and we loved it. Well my lad and I did, OH found it mildly amusing. We wanted to go back this coming weekend for Comic Con when we saw it advertised :lol: I drank some blood wine, chatted to a few Klingons, found Data's head, sat through front seat chats with Data, Q, Worf, Odo, Major Kira and others :sci-fi-beamup: Met a lovely bunch of people. Good times :D :D
spideyGirl

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:14 pm

spideyGirl wrote:My lad had his photo taken with Kate Mulgrew at the Star Trek convention (Captain Janeway from Voyager) and it keeps making me grin so much as he was sooooooo chuffed! We kept it a secret right up til we were about 50th in the queue. :D :D :D

Great day all round. My first ever convention and we loved it. Well my lad and I did, OH found it mildly amusing. We wanted to go back this coming weekend for Comic Con when we saw it advertised :lol: I drank some blood wine, chatted to a few Klingons, found Data's head, sat through front seat chats with Data, Q, Worf, Odo, Major Kira and others :sci-fi-beamup: Met a lovely bunch of people. Good times :D :D

Any chance of scanning the photo? :D

Sounds amazing!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby spideyGirl » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
spideyGirl wrote:My lad had his photo taken with Kate Mulgrew at the Star Trek convention (Captain Janeway from Voyager) and it keeps making me grin so much as he was sooooooo chuffed! We kept it a secret right up til we were about 50th in the queue. :D :D :D

Any chance of scanning the photo? :D

Sounds amazing!

You would have loved it Tony! Will see what I can do about the photo,:shhh: even the camera guy was impressed which is saying something considering all the photos he must have took that day :D
spideyGirl

Postby Penfold » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:00 pm

What Tony said about scanning the photo. Sounds like you had a great time. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Dotsie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:51 am

Sooo jealous! :D Glad you had a great time.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:05 pm

When Solenne San Jose of Pessac, France, got her phone bill, the unemployed childcare worker wasn't sure how she would pay it.

The bill, which totaled 11,721,000,000,000,000 Euros (US$15,262 trillion), is well over 5,000 times the entire gross domestic product of her country.

"I nearly had a heart attack," San Jose said. "There were so many zeros that I couldn't even work out how much it was."

A helpful Bouygues Telecom employee suggested she pay in installments, but the company finally admitted the bill was in error, and she only owed 117.21 Euros. After worldwide bad publicity, the company canceled the bill entirely.

:D
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Spidey, I would love to see that picture too! :D
Catch-up

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Scanner's throwing a hissy fit...grrr :roll:
spideyGirl

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 am

Ask for a new one for your birthday!! ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Boo. Hope you get your scanner working.

I had to laugh at myself this morning. On the way to school we usually pass a guy who walks his Newfoundland. Massively big dog and still a puppy! I usually stop and pet him and I forget how excited he gets. I was foolish enough to lean over a bit and took his skull right on the chin when he started jumping up and down. There's a fun way to start the day! :lol:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum