What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Dotsie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks for the tips! I don't much fancy the suppositories though :?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:50 pm

So when are you coming to Bp then, Dotsie? ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Dotsie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Um, soon! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Dotsie wrote:Um, soon! :D

I'll put the kettle on then ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

But don't hold your breath or you will end up blue as a Feegle. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby wicked woman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:33 am

cheery_j. wrote:
Dotsie wrote: We've been before, so we know we want to eat a lot of sausage, drink beer,

Sounds like a good plan so far. ;)

visit the Reichstag (the queues are always so long we've not made it before)

I know - they're terrible. You could try to register for a guided tour (http://www.bundestag.de/htdocs_e/visits ... fuehr.html), that way you don't have to queue. The other option would be to steal someone's children, because there's a side entrance for families - I'm afraid bunnies don't count.
If you manage to get up into the cupola this time, I hope you have a fine day, because the view really is great from up there.

My sister used to live in Kreuzberg and whenever I visited I could happily spend a couple of hours looking through interesting little shops there. They also have many many nice little cafes and bars

And have you been here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackesche_H%C3%B6fe Lots of galleries and shops with pretty (and expensive) stuff, but the restored art nouveau buildings are well worth looking at.

Oh, and do go to the natural history museum! I love it and want to live there!!!!* It's partly old fashioned natural history museum (dinosaurs! stuffed animals!! old books!!!) and part supermodern science fun. And it's not too big, so you can see everything in a day. And - again - the building alone makes me squee with excitement:
I mean: isn't that exactly what a NHM should look like?

Sorry for longish off-topic.

*note use of multiple punctuation

That looks amazing. We found the Natural History Museum in London a bit disapointing though. (Having seen "One of our dinosuars is missing" many times we thought the dinosaurs in the main hall would be bigger. And it was very static, no real hands on stuff.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby meerkat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Wicked! You need the Science Museum for hands on! ;)
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:56 am

Christian - I was referring to the rashes and creams remarks. :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Cheery the museum looks fabulous! Reminds me of the Field Museum in Chicago - my favorite.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Catch-up wrote:Cheery the museum looks fabulous! Reminds me of the Field Museum in Chicago - my favorite.

Yes the Field Museum is good Catch up, but we did not have to queue outside because we all had a Chicago Go ticket it let's you bypass the queues and there was just a short one inside. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Broccolee » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Yeah, because he really is the only German speaker here... :roll:

He's the only one I could think of. And anyway, his English is so good (and he uses our slang) that I'm convinced he's actually English!!

......Bouncy...... :roll: ...... :D
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Dotsie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Flipping heck, everyone here speaks German except me! :lol: I've downloaded a couple of apps, but they're not much good. I'll have to do it the old-fashioned way, and actually work at it :oops:
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Take photos on your mobile of various objects that you may need - coffee, wine, toilet, restaurant, rabbit food etc., and then show someone the photo when you need that particular item.

And download a German/English/Mancunian dictionary as an app on your phone. ... And then ask any question, very carefully, only once ... :whistle:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Wie Geht's Broc. :greetings-wavegreen: :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Batty wrote:Take photos on your mobile of various objects that you may need - coffee, wine, toilet, restaurant, rabbit food etc., and then show someone the photo when you need that particular item.

Muppet's staying at home :lol: We haven't told him yet though, that's going to be awkward... I'll let his daddy tell him ;)
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum