What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Conforumist » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 pm

...guess I better start page 2! :D
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby swreader » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 am

Going to the surgeon who did my knee and having him verify that I hadn't done anything terrible to the knee when I fell over a month ago. :) Although it still hurts much more than it did before the fall, and I wasn't thrilled with the possibility that it could be a bone bruise which takes forever to heal, nothing in the knee replacement had shaken loose. Now if the eye doctor I see on Friday has a similar kind of ability to do something minor about my glasses (the black eyes are almost gone), I'll be a happy camper.

Finally, I think we may have discovered the cause of the blood sugar problems (which had a major impact on why I fell). It seems I may have started to get nasty side effects from the glipizide (oral diabetic med I have taken for years). That could well explain the sudden gain of 10 lbs. in 1 week and some other indications. :pray: that nothing else goes wrong for me or for Tony and that he can get over here soon--if not by Nov. 1st as I'd hoped.
swreader

Postby chillicamper » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:47 am

Catch-up wrote:We got the Lego catalog today. This made me smile because it reminded me of Chilli's VW:

I had that on my Christmas list for last year, but Santa said "HOW MUCH!" :lol:

I know VW geeks on VW forums who have bought that, then spent ages building it in to a number of different customised designs :shock: I haven't got the spare time and when I have the real camper is usually demanding some work to be done. :roll: :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:13 am

Amateur Greek team gets bordello support :lol: There's something Pratchettesque about that.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:08 am

Love the line

Many of our boys have jobs that keep them working at night. And if we have a game the following morning, they can't have a real presence on the pitch. ... They need more help."

I thought it was the sponsors who were mainly working at night ;)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 am

swreader wrote:Going to the surgeon who did my knee and having him verify that I hadn't done anything terrible to the knee when I fell over a month ago. :) Although it still hurts much more than it did before the fall, and I wasn't thrilled with the possibility that it could be a bone bruise which takes forever to heal, nothing in the knee replacement had shaken loose. Now if the eye doctor I see on Friday has a similar kind of ability to do something minor about my glasses (the black eyes are almost gone), I'll be a happy camper.

Finally, I think we may have discovered the cause of the blood sugar problems (which had a major impact on why I fell). It seems I may have started to get nasty side effects from the glipizide (oral diabetic med I have taken for years). That could well explain the sudden gain of 10 lbs. in 1 week and some other indications. :pray: that nothing else goes wrong for me or for Tony and that he can get over here soon--if not by Nov. 1st as I'd hoped.

This made me smile too! :D

The other thing that made me smile was getting back from a walk to the shops and finding a lovely card and a copy of Robert Heinlein's 'Starship Troopers' that Sharlene has sent me. :D

That's solved what I'm going to read now that I've finished the latest Bernard Cornwell book.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 am

Tonyblack wrote:
swreader wrote:Going to the surgeon who did my knee and having him verify that I hadn't done anything terrible to the knee when I fell over a month ago. :) Although it still hurts much more than it did before the fall, and I wasn't thrilled with the possibility that it could be a bone bruise which takes forever to heal, nothing in the knee replacement had shaken loose. Now if the eye doctor I see on Friday has a similar kind of ability to do something minor about my glasses (the black eyes are almost gone), I'll be a happy camper.

This made me smile too! :D

The other thing that made me smile was getting back from a walk to the shops and finding a lovely card and a copy of Robert Heinlein's 'Starship Troopers' that Sharlene has sent me. :D

That's solved what I'm going to read now that I've finished the latest Bernard Cornwell book.

Great news Sharlene! :clap: :clap: :clap: I was wondering how you were.

Havent got too much time and I shouldnt BE here.... but what makes me smile is that we are onto PAGE 6 !!

Happy lil campers 'taint we!

Yee gods... how many pages have I missed....? Look! If anyone pops out a baby or finds one under a cabbage leaf EMAIL me!!!!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Sharlene so glad your knee is ok!! Hope it's not sore for much longer and I hope you can work with the doctors on your eye/medication changes.

Yeah, the Lego sets aren't exactly inexpensive are they? :lol: I want this one in the worst way.

“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:21 pm

I got a question right on Only Connect (BBC four, I think, quiz show), because of Good Omens! :lol: It was a list of famous misprints in the Bible (eg Thou shalt commit adultery). Mr Dotsie briefly thought I was a genius :roll:

swreader wrote:Going to the surgeon who did my knee and having him verify that I hadn't done anything terrible to the knee when I fell over a month ago. :)

Great news! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Dotsie wrote:I got a question right on Only Connect (BBC four, I think, quiz show), because of Good Omens! :lol: It was a list of famous misprints in the Bible (eg Thou shalt commit adultery). Mr Dotsie briefly thought I was a genius :roll:

I think you're one too, Only Connect must be one of the hardest quizzes on tv at the moment. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Dotsie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Well, you're not there when I put a different shoe on each foot :oops:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Dotsie wrote:I got a question right on Only Connect (BBC four, I think, quiz show), because of Good Omens! :lol: It was a list of famous misprints in the Bible (eg Thou shalt commit adultery). Mr Dotsie briefly thought I was a genius :roll:

... or keeping it in your back pocket to use as a later justification ;) :D
spideyGirl

Postby RSoak » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Catch-up wrote:Yeah, the Lego sets aren't exactly inexpensive are they?

I'm dying to get a job as one of the people that figures out how to build the toys/sets. I could spend hours with some photos of the Milennium Falcon or some LOTR set figuring out the best way to make it. What a gig!

They must make huge bucks because what's in the box is just a few ounces of plastic.
It's not who you know, it's who I know. - Dad

The enemy of good is perfect. - Mom
RSoak

Postby michelanCello » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Excellent news, Sharlene! :D Hope the eye-doctor results will also be good! Keep us up to date! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum