Hogswatch 2012 - Secret Hogfather

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Hogswatch 2012 - Secret Hogfather

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Just got back today from Hogwatch and had a good time, met Jan and her OH great and he's another rugby fan, also met Toothy we were sitting at the same table in the Bear and she saw me logging on the forum and asked who I was. :lol:
Terry looked on fine form at the twinning ceremony, did not take my camera but have some on my phone.

Opened my Hogwatch pressie a Celtic Love Cross disc all the way from Ireland with Happy Hogswatch in Irish Gaelic, Gura mie ayd very muckle. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby BobtheDrog » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 pm

BobtheDrog

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:36 pm

It's a little indistinct, but is it a woven one of the Librarian.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby BobtheDrog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 am

yes, had to take the photo on my phone. Camera is out of order at the moment, charger has vanished.
BobtheDrog

Postby chris.ph » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 am

thats off meer or bouncy then :whistle: :whistle:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:44 am

chris.ph wrote:thats off meer or bouncy then :whistle: :whistle:

Wrong! :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 am

damn :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Toothy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:...also met Toothy we were sitting at the same table in the Bear and she saw me logging on the forum and asked who I was. :lol:

:lol: That was so funny, Dug. I wasn't sure whether to say anything in case I looked like a stalker! :lol: Twas good to meet you. :D
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks Toothy, same here. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bickaxe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Could have introduced yourselves! I waited at The Dolphin all weekend! :D
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm

I was in the Dolphin quite a bit asked if they were going to show the Rugby match, went back to see if it was on and they were showing the bloody football, went back to the Bear. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Seimimac » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 am

This is really petty, I know, and it really sounds and looks so childish, but bear with me.

I never received my Secret Hogfather gift. Whoever it was who got my name and address didn't bother sending anything.

And that really bothered me. I got my person, and I sent a small gift. I actually e-mailed Tony Black to apologise, because I thought I was late in sending it.

He e-mailed me a couple of times (thanks Tony) to explain that he had been told that the gift from my secret Hogfather had been returned to sender, and that it would arrive late. I was happy, and grateful to Tony, for this explanation. So I waited. I'm still waiting.

I don't want the present anymore.

Look, I'm not some crazy person, trolling websites and forums, looking to cause trouble. I'm a huge fan of Terry's work, and actually joined this forum twice, using a different username the 2nd time, because I had forgotten my original login details. I tried to engage in conversations with different individuals, and took part in some of the games too, and when the Postcard Exchange was suggested, I jumped at the chance to get to know a bit more about some of the people on here. I loved getting the cards I received, and loved the fact that I was able to send cards to others.

So, when the Hogfather gift exchange was brought up, I gladly added my name to the list of participants.

The gift I sent, although it didn't break the bank, was a genuine, heartfelt gift, meant to show friendship. I even included a hastily constructed handmade card, written in my first language. It was an attempt at being friendly and a also a chance to give the recipient a small taste of who I was.

I don't know why this has annoyed me as much as it has. Maybe it's because it was such an easy thing to do. I have an incredibly busy life, between family, work and more family. But I still found time to find a small gift, make a cheap card, and post it. Maybe it's because I was hoping to connect in some way with another member of this forum, as I felt with the postcard exchange. I don't know.

What I do know is that it put me off coming here for a while, because whoever had my address, even if they couldn't be bothered sending me a small gift, could at least have posted on this thread that they hadn't done it, or even written to me personally to explain.

Anyway, it's probably not important.
Seimimac

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:14 am

It is important. Sorry that happened to you. I wondered where you'd got to, I hope you'll post again sometime.

Take care.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:03 am

Seimimac, I'm really sorry about that and I'm also feeling annoyed that you still didn't get anything after the person concerned promised me that they were going to resend the gift. I even gave them your address again to make sure they hadn't made a mistake. I've been meaning to contact you again to check but hadn't gotten around to it and then had forgotten. :(

It seems as if we get at least one case like this every year, which was why I made the rule of brand new members not taking part.

I'm sorry if this has put you off coming here, but I do understand how you feel, especially when you went to a lot trouble to get something for someone else and put it in a lot thought about it. We'd hate to lose you over this and I hope that you'll continue to post here and join in. One person's thoughtlessness isn't what this site is about.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:09 am

That is crappy, and unfortunately unavoidable. It's all down to trust, and not minding too much if you get let down (but I know that's easier said than done). Maybe a future rule should include those who haven't posted very often? I know there was one person who hadn't posted for a year, and hasn't posted since, although I don't know if she was the culprit.

Every christmas Mr Dotsie and I buy a present for a close family member, who never gets us anything in return. But we figure, well the giving is the point of christmas - we're not the sort of people who wouldn't give, even though they are. But that doesn't mean I don't feel bad for Mr Dotsie, who always puts a lot of thought into it :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum