30%
Hate 'em
57%
Duh.....! Crocs?
13%

Total votes : 23

CROCS

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Absolutely nowt to do with Discworld, but...

Are Crocs just annoying, Dayglo clown shoes that maim kids' toes on escalators and about as stylish as wearing a bin liner?

Or are Crocs the most comfortable summer shoes invented since sliced bread? (BTW sliced bread tends to get a bit soggy if you go paddling in the sea)

And if you own some Crocs do you have any "Jibits"?

(George Bush wears them, but with socks FFS!)

I love 'em and have a Union Jack "Jibit" (so people will hopefully stop asking me if I'm from the US!) but NEVER wear them with socks and have the heal bit up. Mine are black.

(I only mention this because today was a gorgeous sunny day, I went to Tokyo Disney Sea and wore shorts and my Crocs for the first time this year)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Wendybird » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm allergic to them.

Honest! I am!
Aho! The Megapode!
Wendybird

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:32 pm

I've never worn them, but Sharlene does and swears by them. She even gets a special diabetic version of them.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Wendybird wrote:I'm allergic to them.

Honest! I am!

How are you allergic to them? Do your feet swell up like melons? Do you get an insatiatiable urge to throw pineapple-flavoured custard pies? Do you start making jokes about wanting a crocodile sandwich right away? (2 Discworld books refererences and it's not even a Discworld topic!)

(BTW Welcome Birdy. I don't understand your signature. Am I being dumb? Why do you want the light on?)

(Tony, you've got a good woman there, don't let her get away!)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Wendybird » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:00 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:
Wendybird wrote:I'm allergic to them.

Honest! I am!

How are you allergic to them? Do your feet swell up like melons? Do you get an insatiatiable urge to throw pineapple-flavoured custard pies? Do you start making jokes about wanting a crocodile sandwich right away? (2 Discworld books refererences and it's not even a Discworld topic!)

(BTW Welcome Birdy. I don't understand your signature. Am I being dumb? Why do you want the light on?)

(Tony, you've got a good woman there, don't let her get away!)

Due to the recession the light has been turned off! Ask Tony.

As for the crocs - I find that when I am in their vicinity I have a major diahoreah(sp) shit though the needle episode!

Therefore I am allergic. Also I don't like the shoes as they make my feet a bit snippy and I find the sandwiches always arrive too late and i like my food snappy!

*groan - I made myself cringe at that one....*

Birdy
Aho! The Megapode!
Wendybird

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Wendybird wrote:
Due to the recession the light has been turned off! Ask Tony.

As for the crocs - I find that when I am in their vicinity I have a major diahoreah(sp) shit though the needle episode!

A) Now I understand the signature :lol:

B) The beauty of Crocs is that they're easy to wash, so needle-shitting incidents can be easily cleaned. Is it just Crocs that cause this needle problem or do other kinds of footwear/PVC/US brands have the same effect?
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby chris.ph » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:11 pm

if they are good venough for george bush you can forget it.
does swereader get low sugar ones tony :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Croc skin is banned here but we do have very good fakes of course. I've not worn 'em as shoes, but my favourite handbag ever was a lovely deep tan croc-skin effect bag - this was back when I worked in courtrooms and the number of judges (male all of 'em) who asked me where I got it was most revealing (I think most of the rumours could well be true)! :roll:

But I adore crocs - in crocodile thermidor. I kid you not. One of the best meals I ever had in Africa (and I've had some very good ones) was in a small 'boutique' hotel in Victoria Falls Town - the owners also ran a crocodile farm a few miles down the road and so lots of croc related merchandise aside from the meat - even horrid little stuffed baby crocs dressed up in Edwardian-type clothes in variously shameful anthropomorphic poses (does anyone know the skit in Spaceballs - The Movie where they do a spoof of the John Hurt bursting stomach scene and the Alien does a burlesque song and dance man thing on the fast-food counter? Like that only a 12 inch long baby-croc :twisted: ).

Anyway - it tasted so sublime we all had seconds... :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:20 pm

chris.ph wrote:if they are good venough for george bush you can forget it.

But as I said in the first post, he doesn't get them. He wears them with SOCKS FFS! :roll:

It's like when he nearly choked to death on a pretzel. He didn't get it. He's so stupid that he didn't realise you can't swallow one whole. It doesn't mean that I'm never going to eat another pretzel just coz he eats them though. GWB goes to the toilet so that doesn't mean I'm not going to the toilet again. :lol:

(mutters, Jan's off on one again!)(says to himself "how does she do that italics bit?)

They ain't made of crocodile, they're made of plastic!

(I had crocodile in a Brazillian restaurant and I agree, it was really nice)
Last edited by poohbcarrot on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:35 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:(mutters, Jan's off on one again!)(says to himself "how does she do that italics bit?)

It's a bank holiday and it's my job to go off-topic :wink:

*do you really not know how to the italics bit?*
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:
Just press the right buttons poohbcarrot-chan :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:37 pm

chris.ph wrote:if they are good venough for george bush you can forget it.
does swereader get low sugar ones tony :lol: :lol:
:lol: Sharlene's chiropodist originally recommended the special version. Here's what Web MD says about the diabetic version:

Web MD wrote:For people with diabetes, Crocs offer added value in the protection they provide. Because people with diabetes have reduced circulation in their feet, Glickman says, they're at higher risk for open sores and wound infection. The spare room and antibacterial properties of Crocs help combat these problems.

You can read the whole article HERE.

We've found that CROCS have a great after sales service and have going above and beyond the call of duty when we've had slight problems in the past. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:*do you really not know how to the italics bit?*[/i] MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:
Just press the right buttons poohbcarrot-chan :P

You missed out a few exclamation marks on your MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"Chan" is for girls. "Kun" is for boys.

It's the "i" button, isn't it! :idea:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:43 pm

PMSL - I tend to avoid using words starting with KUN......

HA is the equivalent of !!
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Batty » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:26 pm

I love Crocs. I have them in Sage, Lilac, and black. When it's cold I wear the Mammoths, which I have in black and pale blue.

I generally have the strap down at the front of the shoe, unless my leg is hurting and I have trouble walking, in which case I have the strap at the back, on my heel.

I also like flit-flops.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:59 pm

ill tel my parents tony they are both diabetic :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Next

Return to The Broken Drum