Hogswatch in Wincanton

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Hogswatch in Wincanton

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:20 pm

A tent in the snow sounds a good idea, remind me of back home, stop me getting homesick. :lol: :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Margi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:A tent in the snow sounds a good idea, remind me of back home, stop me getting homesick. :lol: :lol:

I'm not very in with the weather gods, but I'll see what I can arrange... :lol:
Margi

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Starting to get a bit excited now, also a little apprehensive about how older the Dolphin is and whether I'll have a problem with the stairs :? Will just have to be more organised so I don't have to keep going up and down - although going back up after several gins isn't usually a problem... :shifty: :lol:

Does anyone if Colin Smythe goes to Wincanton for Hogswatch usually - I have to get something to him so it would save on postage if I could take it there, although I haven't heard from him recently :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm

He normally comes down because Terry is there Jan, and the Dolphin is better that the Bear for the stairs although it quite an old pub as well. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

:handgestures-thumbup: Ta Dug - will email him again :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm

I'll second that comment about the stairs, The Dolphin is much easier than the Bear.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum