The Illusional Earth

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The Illusional Earth

Postby UnseenTerryPratchett » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Well I was laying in bed one day thinking up ideas for a novel I want to write. I knew I wanted it to be my own world a bit like Discworld but nothing like Discworld (if you get me!) I wanted it to be magical but not plagiarising any of Terry's work so I came up with the Illusional Earth. I want to write a book series based on this earth. It was only partly inspired by Pratchett so I certainy don't want to copy him. It obviously has creatures like wizards, goblins, witches etc etc. Do you like this idea or does it sound just like a rip-off of Discworld :?: :?:
UnseenTerryPratchett
UnseenTerryPratchett

Re: The Illusional Earth

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:07 pm

There is a fan fiction thread somewhere on the forum quite a few have submitted stories,so you can judge for yourself.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: The Illusional Earth

Postby raisindot » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Ummm, kind of sounds like your regular alt-earth fantasy novel to me. DW isn't the only series references "roundworld" culture, although it may be the only one that originally did it mainly for parody purposes and then grew beyond it over time. Go for it!
raisindot

Return to The Broken Drum