How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Catch-up » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Spidey, sorry about your back. That is so painful!

mC, that went fast! Seemed like you just posted that he was on his way there. Sorry. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Toothy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Sorry to hear about your brother, Spidey, and hope that all goes well with whatever treatment he needs. :) And you take care of that back of yours! *wags finger* ;)

Welcome back, Chris! The soreness should wear off soon(ish) at least. :D
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Dotsie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Exhausted! Just babysat my two nieces (1 and 4) for 90 minutes, and while one was distracting me, the other was trying to swallow things. Crazy! I'm getting dogs :shifty:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:40 pm

:mrgreen: I know the feeling. Whenever we babysit bf's nephew and niece, we wonder how parents can stand having them around all the time. Doggysitting my sister's "children" is much less exhausting.
cheery_j.

Postby Catch-up » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am

Dotsie wrote:Exhausted! Just babysat my two nieces (1 and 4) for 90 minutes, and while one was distracting me, the other was trying to swallow things. Crazy! I'm getting dogs :shifty:

:lol: In my experience dogs will do the same thing to you.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 pm

At least you can shut the dogs in another room or outside and not be accused of cruelty. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm

:lol: True!
Catch-up

Postby Selkie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Playpens are a wonderful invention ;) - or the modern equivalent - the Jumperoo!

Selkie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Cute photo Selkie, at least you just get bruised shins or fall over them as they creep up behind you. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:54 pm

So cute, and a towel to keep his feet warm! :lol: Can you keep using them up until the teenage years?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Selkie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Gods, I wish - and beyond!! :)
Selkie

Postby Del » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Awwwwwwwwwww! Selkie he is sooooooooo cute. Not a bit fussy there either are you :lol: towel under his poor liddle feet! :lol:

chris: I was thinking of you all the time I have been off line. I do hope you feel better soon and so glad you are out of hospital hun. On the road to recovery (and a very fast one I hope).

spidey: ((((((((hugs)))))))))))))..... I am sure your brother will pull through. And do look after your back. If you recall.. AGES ago I posted on here that my sister had a brain tumour. It was so shocking when I found out. Well this week she went back yet again and the tumour hasn't grown even a millimeter since her last scan :clap: and in fact she begged not to be scanned again for a year as getting into and back from the hospital is such a drama for her. The neurosurgeon said she was the happiest patient he had seen in weeks. He also said that 99% of his patients begged to have their tumours removed even when he stated emphatically that they werent dangerous and it was lovely to see a patient that listened to him. (She isnt having hers removed) So you see....... not every tumour is all bad news in the end. Lets hope that your brothers is like my sisters.

Hang in there Dotsie.... kids will find any and everything you may have missed to pop in their mouth or (oh and they love this one) UP their noses! Luckily I was the last of the family to reproduce so I had had a squillion babies and kids in my house before I had my own... it was "child-proofed" from day one. Playpens are good.... (NEVER call them cages in front of the parents). .... though when YOU are the parent its way better to put YOURSELF into the playpen so the kids cant reach YOU.

Best house I ever lived in had a tennis court. Biggest child cage I ever had. I was so happy.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Batty wrote:(((HUGS))) to spidey, her brother and to mC.

We lost our electricity this morning around 08:10, and we now have a generator supplying us. It's a tad noisy, but on the plus side, it should at least drown out the karaoke from the pub opposite! :lol:

Thought you would be over there front and center every night Batty! Can you do the splits?

Del

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 pm

Del wrote:
Best house I ever lived in had a tennis court. Biggest child cage I ever had. I was so happy.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: My older brothers and I took my little brother to see that movie once when we were all kids and he disappeared when the child catcher came on.... we had half the town out searching for him (he was only a tiny mite at the time). Eventually found him miles away hiding under my sisters house in tears.
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum