How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Dear All

I had a text from Del earlier.

My brother went back into the hospital last night. Apparently he lied to me. The hospital hadn't
wanted to release him, but he kicked up an awful stink and they had to let him go.

He died today. My sister and brother were with him.

I sent her love and hugs, and I'm sure you all do too.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Very sad news, but there is closure and at least he had some of his family with him at the end. Kind thoughts and vibes going out to Del and all her family - all things must pass including life and grief and there is happiness and consolation in memory afterwards. Image
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Del. Best wishes to you and your family. It's very hard to watch someone fading like this and at least he is at peace now.

Keep him in your heart and he'll live forever.

RIP.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Hugs and best wishes to you and the family del. Hope it's some comfort that he's no longer suffering. RIP.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Toothy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:35 pm

((((((Del)))))) So sorry to hear your sad news. At least your brother was able to be home as he wanted, even though it must have been tough for all you thinking that the hospital had pushed him out. :romance-caress:

Much love and many hugs. xx
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Batty » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Del. Your brother kicked up a fuss to leave hospital, and he spoke to you and your family, from the comfort of his home.

He's no longer suffering, and he can now scream at God. I wonder who'll win that argument!!

Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Selkie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm

*Hugs* So sorry to hear this news. :romance-caress:
Selkie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:32 pm

So sorry to hear your sad news Del.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Hugs,best thoughts and wishes to you and your whole family,Del. :(
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Penfold » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:46 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family Del.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:29 am

Thanks for passing that on Bouncy. xx

I seem to have got the message mixed up.

I apologise unreservedly to the hospital for thinking they sent my brother home last week. It seems every time he was brought in to the hospital, as soon as they got him somewhat stable he would throw a tanty (thats putting it lightly) and demand to go home so they did. They never wanted him to be out of the hospital as his needed intense palative care to make him comfortable. He lied to me as to why he was home. :roll:

SO it was put to my sister and the visiting nurses to try to care for him until, as usual, he would detriotate so badly he had to be taken in again. He was taken back into hospital Saturday and died yesterday Sunday. His stomach was bleeding too much and his blood pressure just couldnt deal with it.

He has been a "handful" for the last ten years. (again, putting it lightly). He was the tiny one in a family of tall people and was always wirey and determined. A "scallywag". We called him Loopy. When one of my other brothers died when he was 20 (B was 19 and died in a motorbike accident) he turned to drink and spent the later part of his life as an alcoholic. Though I must say until the final months drinking he was always a happy drunk never an aggressive one. When he got aggressive he finally took "the cure" and stayed sober for about the last 13 years or so. Kudos to him for that. But the damage had been done and he suffered alot of psychological problems after he became sober.

Its amazing that he managed to make it this far. He was so accident prone, starting as a kid. He had about a dozen HUGE accidents that noone else would have ever walked away from... and then the rest.... We tried to count up the number of stitches he got during his life many years ago while waiting in an emergency room to see him after yet another accident (and not all his own fault) and gave up and tried to just count up the number of times we got calls to rush to the hospital.... still gave up. He lived a jinxed/charmed life.

I grew up in the bottom part of the family with most of the boys way way way out west. We spent all our spare time "out"... building massive cubbies in the bush, bringing home lost lambs and baby kangaroos and birds, making and racing go-carts, riding bikes the boys had build out of bits and pieces they had found. I have chosen to remember him at his best: as my little big brother when I was a child and he was the crazy one who would pull stunts, who had no fear and who always make us laugh. He was never married or had kids but he was a brilliant uncle to his nephews and nieces (for most of his life) and would turn up out of the blue at 3am bearing presents for all, and play games with them til they collapsed in exhaustion.

When all the rest were champing at the bit to turn 18 and head to the city and bright lights, he chose to stay in the country and worked in almost every occupation known on the stations; wool, wheat and cattle and with the wheatboard, and excelled at all of them. He had the most amazing ability with dogs and trained up half a dozen kelpies as first class sheep dogs. He would do anything for them and them for him. He could command them with the twitch of a finger and a wink. Amazing.\

RIP Thal.

And thank you all so very much for your thoughts and well wishes. Its appreciated more than you know.

And now I am going to get off the computer and run and hide. A monster storm has just hit and is pounding the house. Its shaking. Horizontal rain, hail and lightning striking so fast there are no gaps between the booms. Ahhh here come the summer storms.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:03 am

My condolences Del. RIP Thal.

BIG
group%20hug.jpg
to you

xxx000xxx

Massive storm here at the moment as well!
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Dotsie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:24 am

RIP Thal from me as well. Lovely obit Del, ((((hugs))))
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:45 am

rip thai, sounds like he was hell of a boy
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 am

RIP Thal,
and big big hugs to you Del, and to your kids.
I'm very very sorry about your loss
CrysaniaMajere

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum