How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby janet » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm feeling good today after my first ever session of physiotherapy. Always some aches and pains around at 60-odd but 6 months ago I fell the length of our stairs....downwards.... bashing my back which has been hurting since. After being told I hadn't done anything serious and prescribed paracetamol at first I've got on with it but when I went for a routine female inspection and couldn't get off the table without help, the nurse talked me into seeing the new practice doctor who listened and then said the immortal words 'Sounds like you need a bit of help'. I got 2 weeks of drugs which diminished the pain a lot and finally a session with the physiotherapist who was fantastic :D In half an hour she established the history of the problem, put me through an examination, told me what was causing the pain, administered some treatment massage which I could never have imagined would be so simple yet so effective, put me through some exercises I have to do daily and suggested another session in 2 weeks. I felt like I'd been sandbagged in the middle of the back but more comfortable than I can remember for a very long time.
((((((Tina and Del)))))) (and anyone else feeling physically yuck) I'll send on the healing vibes while they're still working......... :roll: :roll:
Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 pm

That's great news, Janet! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Fell down the stairs!!!!!!!!! :o Ouch!

Great to hear you are finding some relief Janet. :dance: Isnt it wonderful when that happens. Isnt it wonderful when medicos do their job and then even more. :clap: :clap:

Dont worry about me.Bugs go away. I have work today. I have to be well. I feel more for you and Tina and others here too when its long term and really ouchy.

Its all looking up! Sharlene is going so well (Yay!).. Tina has her good doctor back (Yay!).. and hopefully you will be fighting fit in a very short time too. (Yay!)

Lets spread the "get well" germs far and wide to everyone who needs them.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby wicked woman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Del wrote:Yes you did tell us this Tina..... and its still shocking!!!!! Absolutely disgraceful. Have you passed those stones yet? Did they blast them into little ones first? (Thats what theydid for a mate of mine when he had them so they werent so big to pass).

Trouble is that when they are going on and on about it being in your head you get so damn angry that it DOES make you look a bit like a crazy woman while you are begging them to BELIEVE you. :evil: Terrible. All I can hope is that this is a road to recovery to you Tina. At least you now have a good doctor on your side and behind you all the way. (Nick his passport and burn it so he cant leave the country again mate)

Oi quite like smilies. My computer just gave me the Big RED SCREEN of Portents of doom if I continued on here.

Yeah I keep getting that warning alot lately.

Mine keeps freezing on me and having to be returned to a restore point, :angry-cussingblack: :confusion-shrug:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Do you feel a 'How does your computer feel today' thread coming on?
Mine is ancient, of an origin even elderly PC gurus struggle to recognise as it's almost lost in the mists of time. On a good day it can be quicker than a quick thing. It's good just now. On a bad day I have to shut it down as it just freezes......not a word....not a postcard even....just freezes. On days like that I've learnt to switch it off and forget it for a day or so as it's not even worth the hassle of trying to read the emails. On the day that computers take over the world mine will, at least, have a colourful vocabulary :D
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Janet defrag your hard disk that will help,it puts your most used files altogether if your running windows it's just a matter of a click, then go and do something as it may take a while. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:41 am

"My computer just gave me the Big RED SCREEN of Portents of doom if I continued on here." What would that be, then? From my days with Windows I only know the blue one.
Anyway, a "How does your computer feel today" thread would probably have to be strictly moderated for all the swear words and curses.

Janet, your ancient machine sounds interesting. Is it steam powered or by treadmill? :P
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 am

Tonyblack wrote:That's great news, Janet! :D

Ditto! :D
spideyGirl

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Or Maybe it needs a disc format, ie wiped and restored with all your data.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Purple vibes to those as need them (including decrepit PCs :lol: )

All the inmates at RSPCA St. Columb have kennel cough now! :cry: Earliest Xena can be released now is Thursday next week :o :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 pm

What a flipping pain :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Periwinkle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Feeling good today - just finished a costume for the Con and very happy with it. No spoilers so dont ask! No doubt pics will follow after the event. Butcher has gone on a quest for Sausages in Salisbury with Sam and I am happily sewing... in peace and quiet :ugeek:
Peace and be Wild!
Periwinkle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi Peri,

I'm going to miss it this time had to cancel at the last minute. :(
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 pm

janet wrote:Do you feel a 'How does your computer feel today' thread coming on?
Mine is ancient, of an origin even elderly PC gurus struggle to recognise as it's almost lost in the mists of time. On a good day it can be quicker than a quick thing. It's good just now. On a bad day I have to shut it down as it just freezes......not a word....not a postcard even....just freezes. On days like that I've learnt to switch it off and forget it for a day or so as it's not even worth the hassle of trying to read the emails. On the day that computers take over the world mine will, at least, have a colourful vocabulary :D

Thats why I had to break down and get a new one. too big of a pain. its ok for small stuff but forget playing videos or you know, browsing for too long..... and you don't realize just how much easier things could be. i never would have dreamed i'd be able to do some of the stuff i can now.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby janet » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 pm

:? So.....I have to defrag the hard disk or defang the hamster and get it a new wheel and another hamster to help.......oh waily waily :cry: :cry: But thanks guys, I'll give it all a good coat of looking at at the weekend when there's more time...but then, if it's dry outside I'll have to finish cutting our hedge and clearing away all the bits. My garden is like the cobbler's children with holes in their shoes :cry: :(
Dug! Are you really having to miss the Conference? That's such a shame ((HUG))
((JAN)) Poor little Xena :(
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum