How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Conforumist » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 am

Funny, I'm pretty sore today too, but it's from my massage treatment! :?

I had a different girl yesterday and she was pretty invasive. I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my neck/shoulder.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby michelanCello » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:43 am

Ouch! Sorry you're sore, Con... but maybe this is some kind of new treatment and on the long term it'll be better ;)
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby spideyGirl » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 pm

First day I've felt human for a week! :dance: :dance: What did I miss? :think:
spideyGirl

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 pm

One leaf blower on the xmas list - check.

Definitely can't claim any hero status Tony! I had my eyes closed the whole time and I was too scared to even scream. :oops:

Dotsie, in all fairness you'd also have to take notes of the times I scream at them like a crazy person. :oops:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Crikey Catch-Up ! You ARE a full on parent huh? I can remember when I used to do that stuff.

I was exhausted this week just walking up the soft sand dunes to get off the beach!!!!!! Refused to splash in the waves because I thought the water was "a tad cool" :lol: :lol: Well that and I seriously thought ONE good wave would rip my daughters bikini off me... that too! :oops:

Kids dont mind if you wont dive headlong into the waves if the alternative is having a naked mother walking out of the surf. Yep! Got that one covered! :lol: :lol:

How do I know this?????????????????????????????????

........there was that one time...... Wet N Wild.... big big waterpark. Big! Loads of people.

New SUPA-SLIDE !!!!! Got to the top. Freaked out at the vertical drop but thought.... I am going to be a hero to my kids. They DID say you couldnt go down it in a bikini... so I had to put on a t-shirt over my bikini My husbands T-shirt to be exact... a huge t-shirt..... Damn that slide was fast.

You landed gently in this sluice drain shallow water thing at the end.... horizontal... on your back... then you stand up and get out and the next person is sent down.

It was horrific! Scarey!!!! Round and round and double loops and over and up and down and over.....at breakneck speeds....I had my eyes closed most of the time and I admit I was a bit disorientated at the bottom. When I sat up and gripped the edges of the half funnel to get out.... I looked straight forward and there was a crowd of about ten 14 year old boys (obviously waiting for a mate to come down) with a look of horror on thier faces.

I had no T-shirt on... I had no bikini top on... and one of the sides to my bikini had come undone so I was madly trying to tie the side of that so I couldnt really cover myself "up top", crawling around on the bottom of the sluice trying to swim upstream to where my T-shirt and bikini top were washed up against the side of the tube, but without raising my body high enough for public view.

It was at this time I noticed the HUGE video screen just past the exit gate. HUGE! It filmed the bottom of the ride in real time so that.... a) the people thinking about coming on the ride could see the ashen faces of the people coming down. b) the ride guy at the top could make sure the ride was clear...... and c) I could be publicly humiliated not to one or two but to HUNDREDS of people who could view the HUGE screen enmasse while I flailed around half naked.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Somehow I doubt that was a look of horror. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Yes they probably thought their birthdays and xmas had all come at once. :lol: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chillicamper » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:42 pm

HaHaHa :lol: Del........that really made me laugh. Sorry :oops:

Exposing yourself in public - just about as bad as it gets. I once was cutting a tree down and got attacked by wood ants. They crawled up my legs and were biting places that really shouldn't be bitten. I dropped the chainsaw, and whipped down my trousers/pants to evict the little critters - only to find I was being watched by a little old lady walking her dog :oops: :oops: :oops:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 pm

chillicamper wrote:HaHaHa :lol: Del........that really made me laugh. Sorry :oops:

Exposing yourself in public - just about as bad as it gets. I once was cutting a tree down and got attacked by wood ants. They crawled up my legs and were biting places that really shouldn't be bitten. I dropped the chainsaw, and whipped down my trousers/pants to evict the little critters - only to find I was being watched by a little old lady walking her dog :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Joolz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:20 pm

@Del Searching youtube now ;) :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Toothy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @Del and the subsequent comments. :lol:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby swreader » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks for a chuckle Del--the mental pictures of that ride are hilarious! Don't know about the real thing.

I'm doing a good deal better since the fall almost 2 weeks ago, though my face and eyes are still interestingly colored. But the biggest problem is the pain in the left knee (the recently operated on one), which still has some scabs on it. I think it's just twisted muscle, but it makes standing or walking any distance painful. And that makes it hard to work on improving my endurance. But I got my glasses fixed after the swelling went down. (I wear "progressive" lenses.) It's amazing how much better the world looks through my straightened out glasses. And I'm really lucky they didn't break, and I didn't hit the cube my stereo is on. :) But I sure hope the knee stops hurting soon. :violin:
swreader

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better SW!

@Del, I had a similar incident on one of those slides whilst in Florida, I was wearing a tankini which ended up giving me an enema! :o
spideyGirl

Postby Toothy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Spidey!

(((((Sharlene)))))) So sorry to hear about your fall and the repercussions. It must be very frustrating after all the progress you've been making. Just a delay in the proceedings, I'm sure. Healing hugs are on their virtual way to you in the hope that your knee eases up soon. :)
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby spideyGirl » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Fed up now, I start feeling better and OH starts to feel poorly again :violin:
spideyGirl

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum