The London Olympics 2012

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The London Olympics 2012

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 am

To be fair - much of Jo Brand's act is self deprecating. She makes jokes about her looks and size all the time. It's hardly surprising if people do the same.

Having said that, I've always found her oddly alluring. I suspect it's because she's such an obviously intelligent woman. I must be a zombie, because I've always been attracted to brains. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby pip » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:55 pm

OrangeEyebrows wrote:Poor show, Pip :(

Its actually a rewording of one of her own jokes on QI so i take no blame :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Del » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Tony wrote:Having said that, I've always found her oddly alluring. I suspect it's because she's such an obviously intelligent woman. I must be a zombie, because I've always been attracted to brains.

So have I.... found her sexy that is. (Not that I am like that.. I mean I like men but well you know what I mean....) But then I like brains in men too.... not that I am not irrististably drawn to a greek god with rock hard abs and a tight firm posterior.... in fact I have known many men like that who DO have brains too..... but ultimately brains win out every time.

Personally I know some drop dead gorgeous - ooze sex appeal from every pore women who are twice the "average" size or more and who can make men stop dead in their tracks..... intelligent men that is.

And you only have to watch who owns the stage at the National Burlesque competitions when it comes to the perfectly formed size 6 girls and the larger ladies..... having said that one of the best acts is a tiny girl who performs comedy burlesque who kills em dead.

Big, small... and every size inbetween.... its all about confidence and attitude. Wins every time.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:16 pm

FYI, women who make self-deprecating comments don't necessarily want to hear them repeated ;) Saying "but you made a joke about the size of your bum only yesterday" won't help you, and serve you right! :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby pip » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Really :shock: :shock:
Thats whats been causing all the trouble :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Del » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:27 pm

LOVED watching the gymnastists tonight... ribbons!!!!!!!! Kept hoping a stray cat would run out and attack! :lol: :lol: :lol:

catribbons.jpg

I have let Hayden stay up (its almost 1:30am) to see the BMX riding. One of our neighbours told her she was too big for her bike... and I wanted her to see that real live ADULTS ride the same sized BMX bike as she does.... AND that real live adults ride bikes at the Olympics! :D :D Must say.... those little pedal pushing ones in the yellow colours are winning more than their fair share of heats :D :D :D

GARN STRAYA!!!!!

The crashes are sickening! :shock: Not ALOT of summer olympic sports where you see stretcher bearers on a regular basis.

And the long distance open water swim on the Serpentine brings it home HOW fast these guys go.... motorboats to keep up with them after TEN kilometers????
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Conforumist » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 pm

I had to share this:

One of the Sports/Olympics announcers on NBC just said that we have see a terrific Olympics so far; (couldn't agree more) and that we were "spoiled" in Vancouver by the quality of the games and organization of the events! :shock:
It's just nice to hear such a thing from the Americans. :clap:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Tiffany » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:35 am

Del wrote:LOVED watching the gymnastists tonight... ribbons!!!!!!!! Kept hoping a stray cat would run out and attack! :lol: :lol: :lol:

catribbons.jpg

I have let Hayden stay up (its almost 1:30am) to see the BMX riding. One of our neighbours told her she was too big for her bike... and I wanted her to see that real live ADULTS ride the same sized BMX bike as she does.... AND that real live adults ride bikes at the Olympics! :D :D Must say.... those little pedal pushing ones in the yellow colours are winning more than their fair share of heats :D :D :D

GARN STRAYA!!!!!

The crashes are sickening! :shock: Not ALOT of summer olympic sports where you see stretcher bearers on a regular basis.

And the long distance open water swim on the Serpentine brings it home HOW fast these guys go.... motorboats to keep up with them after TEN kilometers????

So did I, I love the ribbons.
Enjoyed the BMX too, shame that wasn't around when I was young, would have loved to try that.
I am watching the diving at present, know nothing about the marking, but Oh those male bodies. :D :icon-redface: :character-sebastian: :sad-fever: :-P :auto-sportbike: wrong bike. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Batty » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 am

In the early hours of the morning, BBC news gives way to the latest news updates from CBS.

The news presenter was talking about the medal table, showing America (quite rightly), to be at the top of the table, with China in second place.
He mentioned (and the graphic showd), 'that Russia is in distant third' ...

Eh? EH? The UK & Ireland are in third place! We have 26 gold medals, while Russia has 17! :doh:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Conforumist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:58 am

My mother-in-law was by last night to take a break from the heat in our air conditioned house.

She works at Zellers (like Walmart) and told us that our Olypmic Boxers' family came through her cash. They had a nice little chat. Many feel he was "robbed" of a medal by the ref, but such is...

(steals Batty's smiley :))
Conforumist

Postby Conforumist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Our Canadian Mountain biker Emily Batty, is currently racing with a broken clavicle and a broken rib from a fall earlier this week; ouch! Go Emily!

Conforumist

Postby Watchman44 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Batty wrote:In the early hours of the morning, BBC news gives way to the latest news updates from CBS.

The news presenter was talking about the medal table, showing America (quite rightly), to be at the top of the table, with China in second place.
He mentioned (and the graphic showd), 'that Russia is in distant third' ...

Eh? EH? The UK & Ireland are in third place! We have 26 gold medals, while Russia has 17! :doh:

The American media seem to base the medal table positions on TOTAL medals won rather than the number of Golds.......
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby raisindot » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Conforumist wrote:Our Canadian Mountain biker Emily Batty, is currently racing with a broken clavicle and a broken rib from a fall earlier this week; ouch! Go Emily!

Batty, you didn't tell us you were in the Olympics! Take care of those ribs, y'hear? :D
raisindot

Postby raisindot » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Watchman44 wrote:The American media seem to base the medal table positions on TOTAL medals won rather than the number of Golds.......

I would think that total medal count should be the determining factor. I'd think a country with 20 total medals and 1 gold is a lot more impressive than a country with 5 golds.
raisindot

Postby Conforumist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Boy, Daria Dimitrieva and the other Rhythmic gymnasts are simply amazing!

:clap:
Conforumist

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum