What made you smile today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 5

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:26 pm

You have Aldis in Australia? We have them here as well. They are taking over the world!

Enjoy your summer holidays Haydee! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Haydee wrote:Mum bought me a bubble rocket
http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_23133.htm

Kor. That looks fun! :dance:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Selkie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Yay! for holidays and bubble rockets :D That looks fun!
Selkie

Postby Haydee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm

hi Big pumpkin

we took it to the park near Victoria point on the bay. lots of kids want to play with it and i let them. we run out of bubble mix and its lots of FUN

Oh my Dog! :D Mum just told me she bought me another great toy and she has it hidden and i can have it maybe tomorrow :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D i dont know is it. but it needs a lots of room at the park or the beach. YEAH!!!!!!!
I love Harry Styles and Zayn Mailk and love One Direction and Cody Simpson.
Haydee

Postby wicked woman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm

@ Penfold. Cats are people too. :lol:

@ Tony, that video has been removed, boo, I wanted to see the bangs. Took grand kids to Science Museum in London a few years back, they do demonstrations and you should have seen the smile on granddaughters face as she pressed a button to set off an explosion. She looks so sweet and innocent too. If you get chance it's a great day out for familys.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Batty » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm

The bubble rocket looks fun! :dance:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:04 pm

wicked woman wrote:
@ Tony, that video has been removed, boo, I wanted to see the bangs. Took grand kids to Science Museum in London a few years back, they do demonstrations and you should have seen the smile on granddaughters face as she pressed a button to set off an explosion. She looks so sweet and innocent too. If you get chance it's a great day out for familys.

I know! It's annoying as it was really good. The scientist poured liquid nitrogen into a plastic bottle that he screwed the lid on to and put it into a plastic bin filled with warm water and thousands of ping pong balls. The bin lifted up about two feet in the air and the balls went everywhere.

I'm guessing it was withdrawn for health and safety reasons. :evil:
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 pm

We used to make something like that when we were kids with a washing up liquid bottle and the sort of bicycle pump adaptor you use for footballs. There weren't any bubbles, but they used to really get some height. :mrgreen:
Tonyblack

Postby Haydee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:15 pm

that my rocket Big Pumpkin! :D :D :D :D my rocket doesnt go that high to the sky when you step on it.

i am addict to my android tablet . it has angry birds and mum is addict to angry birds. and I am really good at mouse and racing motorbike. and panda run.
I love Harry Styles and Zayn Mailk and love One Direction and Cody Simpson.
Haydee

Postby Del » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Arrrghhh! Her android tablet! I keep finding her under the covers with it glowing in the dark after bedtime. :lol: :lol: Its not very good but she likes the games. Its very hard to work... the touch on the face is a bit hit and miss. Amazed he let her bring it home but he didnt let her bring the connectors :roll:

So I shall get a connector for it to be hooked up to the computer (or take her to McDonalds who have free wifi.... and download a few books for her to read on it :D She will love that.

Today...... I was coming out of an appointment I had to go to re: work... and was wandering down the footpath to where my car was parked and having a tiny bit of a quiet sniffle when a lovely couple stopped me on the footpath and asked me if I was okay.. and then I blubbered.. and they said "You just need a great big hug!" and proceeded to do so.. .. just didnt stop hugging, big sqeezy fat hugs and rubbed my back and gave me a tissue and another hug and sent me on my way. :oops: It sounds a bit creepy but it really wasn't. Ahhh... the kindness of strangers.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Honey, before you go out and buy expensive connector leads, try the Oz eBay (assuming you have such a thing.

One of the ladies in the upstairs office was wanting a new charger lead for her iPad, and was bemoaning the cost (about £20) at an Apple store.

I went on eBay and found the exact thing, with a free USB connector lead with it, for about £1.75 INCLUDING postage and packing.

eBay well worth a look for spare cables and phone batteries, etc.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:37 pm

the kindness of strangers.

Indeed. Just when you think humanity is circling the toilet bowl, something like this happens.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Honey, before you go out and buy expensive connector leads, try the Oz eBay (assuming you have such a thing.

One of the ladies in the upstairs office was wanting a new charger lead for her iPad, and was bemoaning the cost (about £20) at an Apple store.

I went on eBay and found the exact thing, with a free USB connector lead with it, for about £1.75 INCLUDING postage and packing.

eBay well worth a look for spare cables and phone batteries, etc.

I bought a charger for my Dell laptop in the US from Amazon for a fraction of the cost if I'd bought a genuine Dell charger. ;)
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 pm

All the bits and bobs I buy from eBay or Amazon are "genuine".

;) :lol:

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum