Re: What made you smile today? 5

Postby Toothy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:58 pm

:shock:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Conforumist » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Del wrote:
Conforumist wrote:The waitress at the restaurant last night must have thought I was a bit loonie. When she suggested the "penne all' arrabiata" to wifey as one of their the gluten free dishes, it was all I could do not to crack up. She must have been wondering why I had such a grin on my face. :)

Did you ask her for a tray? :lol: :lol:

No, but I should have suggested she use one. :lol:

I know it might sound awful, but the waitress' hair always reminds me of the witch in bugs bunny.
Last edited by Conforumist on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:49 am

A couple of weeks ago, while surfing the Net (as you do) I came across a blog that was related to a hospital on the South Wales coast I once stayed at, just before it was closed and turned into posh apartments. The writer of the blog is putting together a history book and was asking for people's memories of their time there.

It was a beautiful 1920s - 1930s building that had been used as a chest hospital for years before it was eventually used for psychiatric patients, when I was there.

Anyhow, I wrote my memories of the place, sent them off and they are now on the blog.

It's very frustrating for me as, my memory of that time and later is patchy at best. This I put down to the treatments I received for my depression. But it was kind of fun trying to dig through my memory of what I did remember. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby spideyGirl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:55 am

:clap: :clap: Well done Tony, got to feel good contributing to history like that.
spideyGirl

Postby chris.ph » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 am

infamy at last tony :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:12 pm

chris.ph wrote:infamy at last tony :D

More like infirmity, chris. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:How about, as another activity for you both to do, you bake him a cake/cupcakes as a "thank you" ?

Perfect! Thank you for this. We're going to do it. :D Actually, I was thinking of trying to make rice crispie treats, which I've never done before, so maybe we can take those over. I have some Halloween shaped cookie cutters that I'd like to use. Although, I'm not exactly a good baker. Bringing them something I've never made before might not be much of a thank you. :oops: But hey, that's what boxed cake mixes are for, right?

Was so happy to have Ava and Hubby come home from camp on Friday! :D Derek had as much fun as Ava did and probably acted all of 12 years old the whole time he was there. I went out during the day on Thursday and Ava's group was doing the orienteering class. The camp staff was asking questions and Derek was shouting out the answers before any child even had a chance. I finally turned to him and said, "You know you're not supposed to be doing that. Let the kids answer." The other parents thought it was hilarious. On the final night of camp the boys in his cabin got into a massive pillow fight with the boys in the next cabin. Guess who was leading the charge? :roll: :lol:

Yesterday we dragged out all the Halloween stuff and started decorating. So fun! Before my sister moved to Montana she gave us some of her Halloween stuff. Really cool stuff! She loves buying Halloween stuff. My favorite is this witch's head in a big crystal ball that lights up and talks when you trigger a motion sensor. And now that they've changed trick or treating hours here so that it will actually be dark outside, we'll be able to get the full effect of our light up stuff! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
chris.ph wrote:infamy at last tony :D

More like infirmity, chris. :lol:

Always knew you were famous. :P
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Catch-up, how many kids do think will run screaming down the pathway when the head pops up. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Catch-up, how many kids do think will run screaming down the pathway when the head pops up. :lol:

I'll let you know. 8-)
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm

I tried to order some Halloween cookie cutters, but they'd run out :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm amused at the individual who complained on Points of View - a tv programme, where you can air your thoughts on any UK televised event - that there were too many programmes mentioning the war.
He cited, as examples, countryfile - which is a programme on the countryside and any significant circumstances that shaped the area, and Dr. Who!

Dr. Who? Does he really think that daleks fighting the germans actually took place??? Good Grief! :lol:

Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby wicked woman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Batty wrote:I'm amused at the individual who complained on Points of View - a tv programme, where you can air your thoughts on any UK televised event - that there were too many programmes mentioning the war.
He cited, as examples, countryfile - which is a programme on the countryside and any significant circumstances that shaped the area, and Dr. Who!

Dr. Who? Does he really think that daleks fighting the germans actually took place??? Good Grief! :lol:

Either there are a lot of strange people about, or some one sits in an office and writes all the letters.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 am

Sold Odin yesterday :D , the huge bear that has been in my shop window since I bought the business last year. I'm glad he's gone to a new home as it frees up the window for a new display (and the money is certainly handy) but I'm going to miss the big guy

One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 am

That looks like a bear that hugs back. :? :lol:
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum