what made you sad today

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: what made you sad today

Postby Conforumist » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 am

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:I don't know what is going on with me. I could still be recovering from the whole taking pounds of pills (my own and feckshite doctors who didn't have a clue prescriptions) and being a hour or so late with my Thyroid meds. Not sure, just sitting in the bottom of my Oubillette of despair. Not much desire to do anything or even exist. 6 weeks of doctors and nurses all questioning me about every pill I take and every move I make, has me really kerfumpled inside.

Just knowing that I am old now and it is going to keep getting worse is making me question this whole life thing. If this is all there is, then perhaps "going away" is the answer. I have so many surgeries ahead and rehab, I just don't think I am strong enough for it. I hope I break out of this soon.

It's hard for me to relate to your situation, since I've never been "extremely" ill. I can only wonder at the thoughts that go through peoples minds, when they have to endure multitude illnesses. I sometimes think about what Phoenix goes through as well.
I've been sitting here for a half hour, trying to decide if I should type more. I think I'll pass. I've had my share of ridicule this week. ;)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 am

The little girl who went missing, a body has been found in her Grandmothers house in the loft and her partner been charged.
That gallows that was put up in an other post earlier may have found it's first candidate. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:54 pm

im not saying anything on this as i would get banned from here
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Joolz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:The little girl who went missing, a body has been found in her Grandmothers house in the loft and her partner been charged.
That gallows that was put up in an other post earlier may have found it's first candidate. :evil:

Gone off the gallows idea...Too quick!!
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Hot pokers might serve, failing which... :character-jason:

I am vehemently against capital punishment most of the time, but some crimes really should carry the ultimate penalty especially for scumbags of this order. I used to live over the hill from this estate - talk about call in the usual suspects... :evil: I can't believe the police actually let this guy slip off the radar after they'd had him in for questioning the 1st time! As for the grandmother :angry-fire:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:20 pm

It beggars belief..... the arrested bloke once had a relationship with Tia's mother.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 am

Not unbelievable at all.

Stanger danger is what they teach your kids..... 95% of sexual abuse comes from someone the child knows (family or family friends).

Poor little girl.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:20 am

Indeed. At least she's in a place where nobody can hurt her anymore.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby janet » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:16 am

The mother of Moors Murder victim, Keith Bennett, has died without ever knowing where her son's body was buried. Winnie Johnson campaigned for almost 50 years to get Ian Brady to reveal the whereabouts of her son's body. Her death occured just after police said they were looking at claims Brady had revealed details about his grave but Mrs Johnson had not been well enough to be given this information. Keith Bennett was 12 years old when he was abducted on 16th June 1964.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby chillicamper » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:55 am

Well........this seems almost inconsequntial after Janet's very sad post. :cry:

But today the pony we own is going to a new home. We bought him with the hope that he would be a family hobby. Having owned horses before, we thought we had picked a good un, he could be ridden and driven and seemed lovely. And indeed he is 95% of the time. However, he has moments when he just freaks - normally due to noisy tractors, but not always.

This has basically made him very unpredictable. 2 months ago, he broke my finger bolting on the way in from the field because he heard a tractor. Earlier in the year he bolted with my wife. Our previous animals we have both owned have always had a home for life. We have tried so hard for this to be the case with this pony as well. But the kids just aren't riding him cos we don't trust him. My wife has not ridden for 2 months and I would not really wish to but him in shafts and take him out on the road in case we met a tractor. 95% of the time he is an angel......but that 5% means we just cannot let our guard down.

My boy suffers from a congenital bowel condition. Without going in to too much detail, it means that we have to have a fairly strict timetable for meals and bowel management stuff. This can make it difficult to get out for long days out - we have to be home by a certain time. So the pony as a family hobby has really helped us all get out of the house and enjoy life a bit more. The kids are obviously upset to see him go, my wife is upset because she feels she has failed the pony and been unable to get him over his issues (but she/we have tried everything). I am sad because they are sad. :( :(

The hope is that once we have saved some more pennies, we may be able to get another pony/horse. But for now I am going to miss the fun and companionship that a horse in your life can give.

Sorry to witter on.......just needed to get that off my chest. ;)
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Dotsie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:07 am

I'm sure he'll be happy where he's going :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:28 am

What Dotsie said. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 am

Sorry Chilli. :( I know that's got to be hard, but you really don't have a choice. I'm sure you can find him a place where he'll be happy and maybe the new owners will have a way to avoid him encountering tractors. I hope you'll be able to try again soon!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 pm

As above.
I never had a horse, nor had anyone of my relatives, but I think they're great animals. I understand that having to give it aways makes you sad. Same for every other pet, I guess. Not sure how deep relationships to horses go compared to dogs, cats and other pets.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:16 pm

You can't take the risk where your family are concerned.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum