IMAGES IN SIGNATURES

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: IMAGES IN SIGNATURES

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm being sponsored by the Republican Superpac called "Let's give America back to the loony evolution-deniers". 8-)

I'm just pointing out that this ban isn't the fault of the moderators and will never be lifted - they are only following orders. 8-)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:16 pm

I take it your avatar has been sequestered also? :lol:
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:51 am

The Don't let Tiff's Dragon's Fire Go Out campaign!
Patron: Lady Sybil Vimes

Stage 1 - Ask politely

Would it be at all possible to make one teensy-weensy exception to the blanket ban on images on signatures and let Tiff have her dragon back, please? :pray: :pray: :pray:
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:53 am

Bickaxe wrote:I don't like them. Images or gifs in profiles are one thing but I don't want to constantly see the same thing assaulting my eyes in every other post. May as well be on a forum for kids.

So you're going to remove that childish image ( :twisted: )on YOUR siggy, then Bickaxe? :whistle: :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Batty » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:20 am

poohcarrot wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:I completely agree with everybody. 8-)
If people posting images on their siggy is stopping people with phones using this forum, then ban them. 8-)

A lot of people seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that this forum belongs to us. Well, it doesn't! This forum belongs to Transworld publishing. :ugeek:

The main purpose of this forum is, purely and simply, to sell as many Transworld books as possible. :ugeek:

Whether we like it or not, we are all just insignificant bit players, mere marketing tools, who contribute indirectly (and directly) to the profits of the publisher. :ugeek:

If people with mobile phones can't access the forum, potential sales will be lost. Transworld publishing has every right to ensure maximum sales of its products, so the complete ban on signature images, although at first glance seeming unduly harsh, is in reality, the only sensible economic course of action to take. :ugeek:

Vote Capitalism. Vote Romney. Kill the poor. :twisted:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

... Pass the sick bucket! ... ;)
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 am

If only I hadn't included that last line, people might have believed it! :roll: :lol: :dance:
poohcarrot

Postby pip » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:33 am

I'm starting a save the cat fund :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:47 am

poohcarrot wrote:
Bickaxe wrote:I don't like them. Images or gifs in profiles are one thing but I don't want to constantly see the same thing assaulting my eyes in every other post. May as well be on a forum for kids.

So you're going to remove that childish image ( :twisted: )on YOUR siggy, then Bickaxe? :whistle: :lol:

No, why would I do that?, it goes against everything I stand for :D

Anyway, its not an image, its a statement now get back in your corner!
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Del » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Well it all seems a bit over the top.

You DO have the opportunity to turn them off.

I apologise if the joke of how many we could fit in (and it was a harmless joke... bit of banter on a quiet night) became something larger.

A joke that is to the detriment of the ones who had perfectly lovely pics in sigs. I dont want Tiffs dragon to go. I dont want Jan's sig to go. A few others too.

I have mixed feelings about the moving sigs. When they first appeared they would screw up my computer if it was running slow but then it seemed to resolve itself (and remember... you CAN turn them off! Would have been nice to know that before this erupted and its STILL a solution to all this) On my phone.. .they are just static so it was never a problem. (They eat up data?)

I know what you will say: We cant have one set of rules for Tiff and Jan and one set for the rest of us.... :( But lets consider.... do we have to post it as a warning for all new members too? We get newbies from other forums where its accepted and with technology moving so fast its a bit hard to expect everyone NOT to move with it too. The forum has once JUST been updated so I can only presume its going to be years before it will be updated again. (and it should be updated on an annual or bi-annual basis).

We need new young blood in here all the time or we will end up like a gereatrics ward and everyone grumbling about the weather and the traffic on the M3. And with younger members (and yes some of us who LIKE new technology) they expect a vibrant forum to be capable of the least of technology to express themselves.

So why not just turn them off if they bother you with data or eye pollution or just a case of hating a particular image. Wouldnt that be an easier solution?
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Del wrote:Well it all seems a bit over the top.

You DO have the opportunity to turn them off.

I apologise if the joke of how many we could fit in (and it was a harmless joke... bit of banter on a quiet night) became something larger.

A joke that is to the detriment of the ones who had perfectly lovely pics in sigs. I dont want Tiffs dragon to go. I dont want Jan's sig to go. A few others too.

I have mixed feelings about the moving sigs. When they first appeared they would screw up my computer if it was running slow but then it seemed to resolve itself (and remember... you CAN turn them off! Would have been nice to know that before this erupted and its STILL a solution to all this) On my phone.. .they are just static so it was never a problem. (They eat up data?)

I know what you will say: We cant have one set of rules for Tiff and Jan and one set for the rest of us.... :( But lets consider.... do we have to post it as a warning for all new members too? We get newbies from other forums where its accepted and with technology moving so fast its a bit hard to expect everyone NOT to move with it too. The forum has once JUST been updated so I can only presume its going to be years before it will be updated again. (and it should be updated on an annual or bi-annual basis).

We need new young blood in here all the time or we will end up like a gereatrics ward and everyone grumbling about the weather and the traffic on the M3. And with younger members (and yes some of us who LIKE new technology) they expect a vibrant forum to be capable of the least of technology to express themselves.

So why not just turn them off if they bother you with data or eye pollution or just a case of hating a particular image. Wouldnt that be an easier solution?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said that Ozzie chick! 8-)
poohcarrot

Postby pip » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Wow . sense from del :shock: :shock:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:55 pm

(Psst! Pip. How did you get your cat as your avi? Can you pm me? :clap: )
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:58 pm

pip wrote:Wow . sense from del :shock: :shock:

It had to happen one time... :whistle:

For those who're missing it - the supersized version :angelic-red:

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 pm

What's that kettle doing Jano? :?
poohcarrot

Postby Batty » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Del wrote:... We need new young blood in here all the time or we will end up like a gereatrics ward and everyone grumbling about the weather and the traffic on the M3. ...

What was that, dearie? ... Have you SEEN the weather?! Pouring, it is! ...
We had weather yesterday, weather today, and we'll probably get more weather tomorrow! ... grumble, grumble ...
ImageImage
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum