IMAGES IN SIGNATURES

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: IMAGES IN SIGNATURES

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:31 pm

There already is a sort of limit. above a certain size and it gets cut off. at least, for me it does.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Batty » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 pm

I know people have had problems in the past, with the size of the photos, but if we are looking at a reasonable download size for mobile phone users, then even cheery_j's photo may be too large.

Is it something that the forum should consider? :think:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tiffany » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Whoops! better go delete mine then.
It makes posts rather boring tho without pics on siggy's.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:34 pm

EDIT: i was gonna make some suggestions to make everyone happy, but i found what we needed was here all along.

there is a setting in your control panel for this.

click "user control panel",
then click "board preferences"
Then click "edit display options"

and right there is all you need. you can turn off images, smilies, signatures, whatever you want.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Batty » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:44 pm

I don't think anyone wants to make the board boring!
cheery_j's photo is a really good size - for computer users. I was just wondering if it would still be too large for mobile phone users, though?
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby cheery_j. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 pm

I expected that anyone who would use the picture would scale it down... of course it's much too big to be used as an avatar.
cheery_j.

Postby MongoGutman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:43 pm

I found the animated sigs distracting, though some were amusing at first glance Image in repetition they drove me batty Image so, in all, I agree with the policy of restraint Image
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby DaveC » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Been using my phone to view for 2 years, never caused me a problem, vids don't move, that is all. :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bickaxe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:13 pm

I don't like them. Images or gifs in profiles are one thing but I don't want to constantly see the same thing assaulting my eyes in every other post. May as well be on a forum for kids.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Tiffany » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 pm

If most of you don't like pics in siggy's, it's a good job you don't belong to another forum I am on, they have banner siggy there & some are huge. :D :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Batty » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:00 pm

I don't think it's most of us, Tiff. I think it's only some of us ...

I still think that people should be allowed to post ONE image as a signature. Sucks Boo! to anyone who gets irritated by them!! ;) :roll:
Batty

Postby =Tamar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:09 pm

If the posts are boring without unrelated animated images, that's the fault of either the post or the reader.
I am reminded of "lipstick on a pit bull" - it doesn't help.
=Tamar

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Tiffany wrote:If most of you don't like pics in siggy's, it's a good job you don't belong to another forum I am on, they have banner siggy there & some are huge. :D :D

I've been on forums like that. some of those are even animated. :lol:

but, like here, anyone that doesn't like them have the option of disabling them. Personally, i think that is a better solution then a forum wide ban. those that want them can have them and those that don't like them don't have to look at them. though ofcourse others don't feel that way and take the because-i-don't-like-it-i-don't-want-anyone-to-be-able-to-do-it stance. but whatever, makes no nevermind to me what they decide to do.
raptornx01

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:06 pm

A lot of people seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that this forum belongs to us. Well, it doesn't! This forum belongs to Transworld publishing. :ugeek:

The main purpose of this forum is, purely and simply, to sell as many Transworld books as possible. :ugeek:

Whether we like it or not, we are all just insignificant bit players, mere marketing tools, who contribute indirectly (and directly) to the profits of the publisher. :ugeek:

If people with mobile phones can't access the forum, potential sales will be lost. Transworld publishing has every right to ensure maximum sales of its products, so the complete ban on signature images, although at first glance seeming unduly harsh, is in reality, the only sensible economic course of action to take. :ugeek:

Vote Capitalism. Vote Romney. Kill the poor. :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Penfold » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 pm

How much did they pay you to say that? :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum