Sony tablet

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Sony tablet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm going to buy a Sumsung tablet just waiting for then to arrive here, as they are out. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Good man :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Pleeease get rid of some of those. You're doing my head in.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby pip » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Really . But they're great :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby TwoShotTino » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:46 pm

I've woken up to find my thread has been spammed by Pip's sigs :o :lol:
TwoShotTino

Postby TwoShotTino » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:55 pm

The Samsung tablet doesn't have any USB ports though and according to our Tech guys at work is "sluggish".
TwoShotTino

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Don't need any, and the new one according to cnet with the ice cream sandwich ie android4 is ok I just need it for emails, database etc, to put my book collection on and to take with me to conventions etc not for anything labour intensive, if I did I would take my laptop.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TwoShotTino » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:01 pm

I want USBs on mine so that I can transfer/watch digital movies. Tend to get quite a few added in with Blu-Ray purchases
TwoShotTino

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:35 pm

The galaxy tab i've heard is pretty good. the only real complaint being its size since its a bit bigger then the rest. and yeah, a bit sluggish. you give up on sony?
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby TwoShotTino » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:08 pm

No, I've not given up on Sony, it's my preferred choice.I was just wanting a bit of feedback from somebody who already has one really
TwoShotTino

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:14 am

PC Pro were impressed with the Sony Tablet S. They liked the wedge design as it made it comfortable to hold and they way it keeps the screen at an angle when placed on a desk.

They also said it was occasionally laggy but that was down to Android Honeycomb, they believe the ICS update which should be coming soon should improve things a lot.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby TwoShotTino » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 pm

I've gone and stumped out the money for a Sony tablet. I've had it a couple of days now and I have to say I'm very impressed with it and it's a top notch piece of kit :D

The e-reader is especially nice and the design makes it very comfortable to hold whilst reading
TwoShotTino

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:31 pm

:D I knew as soon you posted this thread you were going to buy one :lol: no one constipates that much on a product and then doesn't get it. I know I'm like that. :)
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby pip » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:32 pm

TwoShotTino wrote:I've gone and stumped out the money for a Sony tablet. I've had it a couple of days now and I have to say I'm very impressed with it and it's a top notch piece of kit :D

The e-reader is especially nice and the design makes it very comfortable to hold whilst reading

Curiosity question which you can ignore if you want but how much was the tablet and what's the spec on it . Sorry i'm nosy :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby TwoShotTino » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 pm

pip wrote:
TwoShotTino wrote:I've gone and stumped out the money for a Sony tablet. I've had it a couple of days now and I have to say I'm very impressed with it and it's a top notch piece of kit :D

Curiosity question which you can ignore if you want but how much was the tablet and what's the spec on it . Sorry i'm nosy :D

I bought the 16GB 3G version which retails at £400. The great part though is that seeing as I work for Tesco I got 10% staff discount off the price :D
If you want a few more specs then follow this
TwoShotTino

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum