Sony tablet

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Sony tablet

Postby TwoShotTino » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm considering buying a Sony Tablet and was wondering if anyone on here has one and has any comments they'd like to share :think:
TwoShotTino

Re: Sony tablet

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Nope.

Sorry.

I'm a Kindle gal.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Two Shot, have you checked out any comparison results CNET are usually quite for that or on Amazon owners reviews, personally I have not had a good experience with the Sony products I've owned and I would not buy another item with their name on it (reliabilty issues for me ) to put it mildly I think there're shite.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TwoShotTino » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:39 pm

I've already got a Sony TV and Blu-Ray player and I'm more than happy with those oh and my PS3 lol. It's one reason why I'm thinking of the Sony tablet as opposed to others as would be pretty easy to link. The design of it also suits reading and I want to start buying e-books rather than paperbacks. I suppose I'm looking more for confirmation other people are happy before I fork out £400 lol
TwoShotTino

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:44 pm

I had a 32" TV lasted 18 months and a friend of mine has the same model which he is not happy with either,had problems with it.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Don't tell that to my friend, he lives in the house that sony built. sony tv, stereo, dvd players, etc etc. all work fine and many are old. i personally have all 3 playstations and all of them work fine, even the PS1 which is 10 years old (meanwhile i had to send in my xbox for repairs less then a year after i bought it).

some people just seem to have bad luck with certain brands.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby TwoShotTino » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Does your friend have a Sony tablet? :P
TwoShotTino

Postby Jason » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Do you mean tablet or ebook reader?
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:38 pm

No sadly. no tablets. Looking at the site, which is very nicely done, very spiffy, me likey *cough* anyway. looks like a pretty nice system. and i love the fact that ever since Vizio put a universal remote in their tablet now everyone is doing it. :lol:

here's a review

http://technorati.com/technology/gadget ... -s-review/

screen isn't the brightest and wifi only, no mobile broadband, but playstation certified (with two free games), the remote, up to 32gb, with an sd card slot (and not sony's proprietary one either like they do with the psp).

pretty glowing one, and matches a few of the others i've read. looks to me like if you have the dough its not a bad choice.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby TwoShotTino » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Jason wrote:Do you mean tablet or ebook reader?

It's the tablet I'm looking at Jason, I want more use than just the e-books as my laptop is dated now and I don't really need it for work any more so a tablet is enough in terms of capability
TwoShotTino

Postby TwoShotTino » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 pm

raptornx01 wrote:
screen isn't the brightest and wifi only, no mobile broadband,

There is a 16GB 3G version available now but I'm not sure I want/need the 3G version, the brightness does worry me a little though as it may not be bright enough to read when I go on holiday
TwoShotTino

Postby Jason » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:13 am

The latest PC Pro magazine (in shops next week) features a round up of 14 different tablets. You might want to get a copy before you decide.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby pip » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am

Jason wrote:The latest PC Pro magazine (in shops next week) features a round up of 14 different tablets. You might want to get a copy before you decide.

Theres a reason Samsung are kicking Sonys asses in the TV, phone and computer markets at the moment. Think about it Tino.
I have a samsung telly and phone and they are better than anything Sony offers. On the other hand i got a Yarvick Tablet off Amazon and to be honest its great. I watched the entire second series of Game of Thrones on it. Good screen good processer etc and only a hundred quid . Couldn't justify the 400 -500 quid for a higher spec tablet when in general the difference on most functions is unnoticable.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 am

Yarvick

Not very good write-ups on Amazon, though.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 am

Everyone is crying about the same thing which is Android MArket place or google play not being available . Anyone with half a brain can sort that out in one minute . Once you get marketplace sorted its great :D Others seem to expect the thing to be exactly like a £500 ipad. Its a capacitive screen , plays all video formats and can download and work all Apps (once market is sorted ) so what else do you want :D You can even turn it into and evil ebook
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Next

Return to The Broken Drum