What Do You Believe In?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

What Do You Believe In?

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:01 pm

Just out of interest, here are 10 controversial topics that different people have different beliefs in. What % do you believe? Cut and paste and add your own %. I will make a final total % for each.

NO ARGUMENTS!

Here are mine;

UFOs 1%
The 1969 moon landing was real 80%
The Iraq invasion was a good thing 0%
Bush (neocons) were involved in 9/11 40%
God 0%
Princess Diana was murdered 2%
Global warming 99%
Iran is a threat to the world 5%
The Loch Ness monster 0%
Ghosts 1%

(If this is too controversial tell me and I'll delete it)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 pm

No arguments - you drive a hard bargain :wink:

Mine are:
UFOs 10%
The 1969 moon landing was real 90%
Bush (neocons) were involved in 9/11 20%
God 5%
Princess Diana was murdered 0%
Global warming 99%
Iran is a threat to the world 10%
The Loch Ness monster 10%
Ghosts 10%
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Tiffany » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:54 pm

UFOs 2%
The 1969 moon landing was real 100%
Bush (neocons) were involved in 9/11 0%
God 0%
Global warming 50%
Iran is a threat to the world 10%
The Loch Ness monster 2%
Ghosts 80%
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:33 pm

NO ARGUMENTS?!!! :( Not even civilised ones? :P

UFOs 5%
The 1969 moon landing was real 90%
Bush (neocons) were involved in 9/11 70%
God 0%
Global warming 90%
Iran is a threat to the world 5%
The Loch Ness monster 0%
Ghosts 0%
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Straw Walker » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:10 pm

No5 is a combination of upbringing and insurance!:P

UFOs 30%
The 1969 moon landing was real 80%
God 80%
Global warming 75%
Iran is a threat to the world 25%
The Loch Ness monster 0%
Ghosts 0%

My answer to global warming doesn't mean I believe 75% that it is man made, just that it is happening for whatever reason.:)
I think the answer lies in the soil, ooo arrr!
Straw Walker

Postby Tiffany » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Just got to say here...It aint Global Warming any more, it's Climate Change. :roll: 8)
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Tiffany wrote:Just got to say here...It aint Global Warming any more, it's Climate Change. :roll: 8)
Global Warming was always a bit of a misnomer. There are places in the world that are likely to get much warmer and that warming could have a marked effect on the Gulf Stream, which is what keeps northern Europe at a reasonable temperature. Some experts think the Gulf Stream may shift and that will probably mean much colder temperatures in this part of the world. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Here's mine:

UFOs 20%
The 1969 moon landing was real 75%
God 10%
Global warming 10%
Iran is a threat to the world 40%
The Loch Ness monster 5%
Ghosts 100%

Can I also add that I don't believe water is wet, and that Space isn't infinite but is a globe?
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Re: What Do You Believe In?

Postby bogieman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Here are mine;

UFOs 1%
The 1969 moon landing was real 2%
The Iraq invasion was a good thing 2%
God 0%
Global warming 20%
Iran is a threat to the world 20%
The Loch Ness monster 0%
Ghosts 0%

Mostly low scores for me there.
bogieman

Postby Parkstee » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:02 pm

UFOs 45%
God 0%
Global warming 100%
Iran is a threat to the world 15%
The Loch Ness monster 0%
Ghosts 0%
Parkstee

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:22 pm

Here's the current Belief-O-Meter (total % divided by number of people);

UFOs 14%
The 1969 moon landing was real 77%
The Iraq invasion was a good thing 0.25%
Bush (neocons) were involved in 9/11 33.75%
God 11.875%
Princess Diana was murdered 0.25%
Global warming 67.875%
Iran is a threat to the world 16.25%
The Loch Ness monster 2.125%
Ghosts 23.875%
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:00 am

OK, arguments are allowed, BUT NOT ABOUT GOD!

On the Internet hoax thread, bogieman put forward some very interesting views about the moon landing.

Here are mine about 9/11;

When I was last in the UK, none of my friends or my brother knew anything about WTC 7. Maybe you don't either, so here are some short videos.

On Sept 11 2001, three skyscrapers collapsed in New York.
Approximately 8 hours after the Twin Towers had collapsed, WTC 7 collapsed. WCT 7 was a 40+ storeys high building and the official explanation is as follows;

Here is a 9 second video of the collapse;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD06SAf0p9A

Larry Silverstein bought the World Trade Centre site for $115 million dollars in April 2001, promptly re-insured it against terrorist attacks and after 9/11, raked in a cool $6 Billion. Here is a 24 second video in which he is talking about the WTC 7 collapse, saying he gave the order "to pull it";

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYdAJQV100

Here are what look like explosive blasts;
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/no ... harges.htm

Here is a 3 minute video of a BBC live recording talking about the collapse of WTC 7. Unfortunately, they are talking about the collapse 20 minutes before it actually happened. You can clearly see WTC 7 in the background, then the live feed is "lost".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky90eEIzStw

Everyone always remembers where they were for major news events, except George W Bush. Obviously, the first plane hitting the WTC at 8:46am was not on live TV, why should it have been? In fact, video of the first plane didn't surface until the next day.

Now watch this 1 minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm73wOuPL60

What I and the official 9/11 report don't understand, is why WTC 7, a large skyscraper that wasn't hit by a plane, collapsed.

Something is fishy!
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby mspanners » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:46 am

UFOs 100%

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object and Not Aliens...

There are things flying through our Atmosphere that are either Man made or Natural that for various reasons are keep secret and unidentified..

The Stealth Fighter was an unidentified object until the US admitted to it!

The good old CCCP had spies within NASA and the US forces during that period and if they had got wind that it was a sham I am sure Pravda would have blown the whistle on them.

The Iraq invasion was a good thing 100%

We in the West need to secure Oil supplies until an alternative Energy supply can be made widely avalible. It never was about WMD... that was a political move to get support of this invasion. If the Leaders had come out and said We are grabbing the Oil it could have led to WWIII.

Bush (neocons) were involved in 9/11 50%

It was convenient as a precursor to the take over of the Oil supplies in the far East but not sure if they did the deed or it was just a chance event that was used as an excuse to expand US Military influence.

God 0%

Not in the Biblical sense... can't see a creator being an old chap with a White Beard sitting on clouds..... IF there is a creator of the Universe then He/She/It made the Universe for other reasons than the Evolution of Mankind. If the Universe was created for us then why are there so many ways in which it can wipe out life on this Planet? Surly a creator would have made it more hospitable.....?

There are less public ways of Killing off someone, food poisoning or getting blown out by one of the Land Mines She was fighting against on a trip spring to mind...... a professional Hitman would have done a better job......

Global warming 100%

The Earth has been warming up naturally as we are at the tail end of an Ice age any way, Mankind may be adding to the process but the Earth never has had a stable Temperature as fossil evedance has proven.

Iran is a threat to the world 100%

They will be next to be attacked,they are one of a number of States sponsoring Terrorists ( Or freedom Fighters, it depends which side you are on... ). It is only a matter of time before some fanatic go mad and gives the US an excuse to sort them out.

The Loch Ness monster 0%

No way, good for the local tourist industry though.. :)

Ghosts 0%

No.... I think the Mind is just the same as a complex computer program and when you pull the batteries out that is it..... Death is the same as pre-life.... you did not exists before you were born and ( Mentally ) you will not after Death.

Although your remains will.

For the rest of time in one form or other.

Until the Universe finally vanishes.......... :shock:
mspanners

Postby bogieman » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:43 am

mspanners wrote:UFOs 100%

Global warming 100%

The Earth has been warming up naturally as we are at the tail end of an Ice age any way, Mankind may be adding to the process but the Earth never has had a stable Temperature as fossil evedance has proven.

Just to clarify the way I read the original question.
I read it as a man made thing which it is not as mspanners says the earth is changeable and is on a global cycle which at this time is heading towards a warmer time. The governments started the really hard and heavy global warming carbon emissions push when the Berlin wall came down and the cold war effectively ended. They did this because the government needs something to tell the public to keep them worried and scared so they can keep control and spend millions of currency defending us from "whatever".

Ok why do I say man is not involved with global warming......

In 1883 Krakatoa erupted and the volcanic ash carbon and debris together with the effect of sulphur emitted by the volcano on high level clouds filtered out sunlight, which caused the lowering of average global temperatures by over 1 degree Celsius for five years.
It did that in a matter of a few days it has taken the human race a hundred years to do the same (so we are told) but if nature can remove the Krakatoa carbon after five years (and we were pumping carbon out at the same time and putting out less today) then where is the problem.
We (humans) now put less carbon emissions in to the atmosphere today than 100 years ago and it is reducing by the day with new carbon capture devices (there is a coal powered electricity plant which puts air out its chimneys which is cleaner than the air it takes in) and the like so we have the means to stop it but we are told we are still destroying the planet. If mother nature can clean up the Krakatoa pollution in five years and we are putting out less pollution now than when it erupted where is the problem. It is not us, it is the natural cycle of the earth and we need to get used to it. A few million years ago the carbon content of the earth's atmosphere was 80% higher than today and it will possibly return to that level during its cycle and there is not much we can do about it so we will need to evolve with it.

This is expressly my opinion and not to be confused with people who don't have this opinion :D
bogieman

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:25 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:OK, arguments are allowed, BUT NOT ABOUT GOD!

8) Excellent call Pooh as......

Jan Van Quirm wrote: (from the funny lines thread) ... religious 'disputes' (rather than send-ups like Small Gods or Life of Brian) are entirely pointless and not to be taken literally in any way as you're trying to preach to the converted on either side of the coin and, indeed, its edges that encompass the 'completely confused' and the 'what a load of b*llocks brigade'... :P

I am completely confused with the moon landings TBH, but if it was a lie then it has to be the most fantabulous unconscionable scam in history!!!!!! (!'s on purpose :twisted: ).

I can certainly believe a Nixon regime would dare to tell such a whopper - but then I can also believe a post-Kennedy-if-he'd-survived-for-a-2nd-term and wanting to ensure another democrat election victory pulling the same stunt.... *

As for 9/11 - well never having heard of the WT7 collapse before seeing your post Pooh (I was at work and watched the twin towers fall 'live' on the web on BBC and then took it down because I couldn't take anymore :cry: ) and so having been so ignorant of this it's just pushed my belief in

Bush (neocons) were involved in 9/11

up to 100% :evil:

* - PLEASE don't include a lone gunman/grassy knoll category I beg of you - we'll be here until Doomsday... :roll:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to The Broken Drum