your money

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: your money

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:04 am

Sorry mC, that had to be frustrating.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby AuntyVague » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:18 pm

cheery_j. wrote:I may be a bit slow and believe everything you say, but the bit of the universe that is responsible for equilibriliumnum made sure I got a visitor today, eric! Neener neener! ;)

So now you are using these as currency? I'm packing my suitcase right now!
AuntyVague

Postby AuntyVague » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Sorry, in my excitement over squirrels I missed seeing your post mC :( I also hope that it wasn't as bad as you thought!
AuntyVague

Postby Conforumist » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Would it be possible to change the title of this thread to read "your currency?" instead.
It always looks like someone is trying to give me financial advice when i read that.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Now what you wanna do is, take half yer money and put it inna BIG mayonnaise jar and bury it in yer backyard, the other half we'll take it to the race track an' bet it on the horse dat does his bidness right 'fore the race starts.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Conforumist » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:40 pm

raptornx01 wrote:Now what you wanna do is, take half yer money and put it inna BIG mayonnaise jar and bury it in yer backyard, the other half we'll take it to the race track an' bet it on the horse dat does his bidness right 'fore the race starts.

SEE :shock:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby cheery_j. » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Dd you talk about the board then, mC? I always tell my students to talk about SOMETHING in their oral language exams - the weather if they can't think of anything else...
cheery_j.

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 am

cheery_j. wrote:Dd you talk about the board then, mC? I always tell my students to talk about SOMETHING in their oral language exams - the weather if they can't think of anything else...

No, I tried talking about economics and international relations and inflation, but it wasn't that organised and it didn't sound that convincing :?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:33 am

Well, I don't know what your teachers find important, but in my school the most important thing is to keep talking. So, if you didn't need too much help from the teacher your result might be better than you expect now. They know how an exam situation can make you forget the simplest things.
That's why we usually have a basket of chocolates from which the students can pick one after the exam - having choccits to look forward to seems to make them relax. :mrgreen:
And even if the result isn't good: I'm sure most of the boardies here have a story about one or two exams they completely messed up! I had a complete blackout in my final exam in history and still ended up teaching the subject... :roll:
cheery_j.

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:26 pm

:D Thanks, Cheery!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Joolz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 pm

raptornx01 wrote:Now what you wanna do is, take half yer money and put it inna BIG mayonnaise jar and bury it in yer backyard, the other half we'll take it to the race track an' bet it on the horse dat does his bidness right 'fore the race starts.

Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 pm

:D
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Del » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:23 pm

cheery_j. wrote:Well, I don't know what your teachers find important, but in my school the most important thing is to keep talking. So, if you didn't need too much help from the teacher your result might be better than you expect now. They know how an exam situation can make you forget the simplest things.
That's why we usually have a basket of chocolates from which the students can pick one after the exam - having choccits to look forward to seems to make them relax. :mrgreen:
And even if the result isn't good: I'm sure most of the boardies here have a story about one or two exams they completely messed up! I had a complete blackout in my final exam in history and still ended up teaching the subject... :roll:

HA!

I was an A-grade student right through school. Top honours. Never had an exam nerve in my life. Then in the last business exam I couldnt remember which side was debit and which was credit and I froze for the whole exam. :o Freaked out. Never having fluffed an exam in my life I then did a simple test on something to do with Postal weights, measurements and charges as part of the maths exam. Totally failed it (though it was the simplest part of the whole advanced math test).

My high marks gained previously in the subjects still gave me a good (not brilliant) score.

First job ever? Running a HUGE mailroom for an international company and sidelining in the accounts department when I had spare time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Maybe it wasn't as bad as you thought. *HUGS*

mC is so brilliant... her mediocre is other peoples brilliant!

You will be fine mC. you have wonderfully fluent English.

Just a question about the American currency Tony brought up.... They have nickel and dime on the coins? They have NO numerically written amounts on it? :? Surely not. Or am I confused.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:59 pm

OK - I checked and I was wrong about the 5c coin. It has the words "FIVE CENTS"

But the Dime doesn't have Ten Cents written on it. :?

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum