Happy Birthday Del!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Happy Birthday Del!

Postby Big Aggie » Thu May 03, 2012 10:35 pm

:oops: Sorry I am late Del, I hope you had a wonderful day, Happy Belated Wishes :)
I'll tak' yer heid aff, ya big pile o'jobbies.
Big Aggie

Postby Tiffany » Thu May 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Sorry I missed the day. Happy belated. :happy-bouncymulticolor: :occasion-birthday: :occasion-cake:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby AuntyVague » Sat May 05, 2012 11:26 am

Oh dear, I'm reeeeaaaallly late for the party :(

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday Del :)
AuntyVague

Postby Quatermass » Sat May 05, 2012 11:04 pm

It looks like Del herself is late to the party. I haven't seen a single post of hers on this thread. :think:
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Batty » Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 am

Del hasn't posted since 1st May, or responded to an email.

I'm hoping that she had a humdinger of a birthday and is still recovering, and that there isn't another reason keeping her off the forum. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Sun May 06, 2012 1:30 pm

I think she's somewhat limited to her Internet access time. She tends to make up for it when she does get online. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sun May 06, 2012 6:47 pm

I've just heard from Del.

She's been to a Buddha festival, and is too tired to come here, and post anything.

She'll come back to us once she's rested and has a moment - or two! :handgestures-thumbup:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby michelanCello » Sun May 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Glad to hear that!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon May 07, 2012 6:22 am

I was without computer, sorry I missed this.
Hope you had a great birthday Del ^_^
p.s. what is a Buddha festival? :?
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Del » Tue May 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Thank you guys.

You know what? I love to post in other peoples birthday threads.... but wow.... I have gone all goosey with all the lovely birthday wishes you all sent me.

I am one of 12 and our Birthday was THE day! THE day for us. All the other holidays were wonderful dont get me wrong but yanno... ONE day just for YOU. :D

I didn't celebrate it ON the day... life is a whirl right here right now... (Yes Q! I missed my own celebrations!) so we had my birthday on Saturday when everyone was free to have fun. We went into the Buddha Festival (Buddha Birth Day) here in the city. Its huge! Its wonderful!!!!! and we all starved ourselves all day to pig out in the food court (all vegetarian Asian deliciousness where we ate so much our tummies bulged then we ate some more!)

http://bbdf2012.buddhabirthdayfestival.com.au/

We did a spot of shopping at the Asian markets.. it was lovely.. the power failed and threw a whole lane into darkness and everyone pulled out thier phones to use as torches to light the way for others and the retailers (awwwww... see this is the Buddha Festival in action).

We missed the dragon dances and the ceremonies but we DID go to the temple and we did the "washing of Buddha" where you use a little silver scoop to wash away the pain and misfortunes of the last year and then wash the Buddha to place blessings on your friends and family for this year. :D :D :D My girls arent too religious (and its a multi-religious festival too... Buddha does after all teach tolerance.... and they call them "wishes"... and if nothing else... I thought it was a good thing for ALL of us, me and the girls, to wash away the year that started in hell exactly one year ago on my birthday (bit before that but in earnest ON my birthday). They all agreed it felt cleansing and enlightening. What ever works, I will take. Anything to ease thier burden right now.

I was a while at this washing and I have placed blessings and wishes for a whole LOT of you on here. :romance-grouphug: Very specific blessings and wishes. ;) It didnt take too long. One scoop one wish. I had a VERY clean little Buddha by the end. :lol: I hope all my wishes for you all come true for the next year. I have no idea how long Buddha takes.

Bugger! This wont let me post the pics I took.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks Del,You are such a doll :dance: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Tue May 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Thank you. I'm always tickled pink when someone sends me good wishes! :romance-cloud9:
Batty

Postby Antiq » Wed May 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Ammagawd! That's it, I'm not slacking off in future, too many birthdays missed :(
Happy Birthday darlin'!
In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded.
Antiq

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum