Tidbits to entertain you (sorta fanfiction)

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Tidbits to entertain you (sorta fanfiction)

Postby LilMaibe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Thought I share these bits of text before they morph into full fledged. These are things that continuously pop up in my head. (The last one is to be blamed on Jason and his article on Rinso...Don't ask)

---
“Your reputation truly must be the one single thing faster than you, wizard.”
“Not really”, Rincewind shuffled his feet, still looking for an exit, “I think the nasty bugger usually arrives a bit after me and then goes to pretend he’s been there the whole time.”

---
It was amazing, in a very depressing way. Rincewind had been near everywhere on the Disc, had a certain reputation for running away and yet these people were the first ones to get the idea to chain his legs together.

---
At this point Rincewind spoke up.
“I could try it with magic”, he said, “At this rate that’d prove the most successful attempt yet.”
LilMaibe

Re: Tidbits to entertain you (sorta fanfiction)

Postby meerkat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Brilliant, I can see Rincewind thinking those thoughts! :D :clap:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Del » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:36 pm

It was amazing, in a very depressing way. Rincewind had been near everywhere on the Disc, had a certain reputation for running away and yet these people were the first ones to get the idea to chain his legs together.

:lol: :lol:

Ohhhhhhhhh! I have been thinking of you so much this week !

I am doing a temp assignment for a company that sells COMMUNATION aides, machines, and software for people who are disabled physically, have motor skill problems, or intellectual or learning difficulties, or ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE.

They are putting a huge international conference together here in May aimed mainly at therapists and educators but also carers and parents and users to a lesser extent.

Apart from the lectures and conferences there are alot of exhibitors and companies coming to show their latest products and its HUGE on software (computers and iPads have revolutionised the communication areas). They are sending us alot of their promotional material ahead so it will be ready for the conference and I get to see most of it; its fascinating but busy so I dont get to read every single word and the company has a million products in place already everyone else seems to know backwards.

I mentioned to a therapist casually one day how my youngest has no grasp on grammar (and in all likelyhood will never) and she showed me a program that you can download to your computer that you insinuate into any or every program (emails, texts, forum blogs, etc) that corrects grammar. Some "regular" people even use to like a "spellcheck" but for grammar. And its most popular for people that use English as a second language.

So when you type something that may be alot off, or just a little off, it will come up with a "suggestion" and either makes complete sense of it or gives a subtle hint by arranging the sentence in a better way. In the end you get to make the choice though. You can even get it to talk the words instead of displaying them.

It looks amazing for Hayden (for big mistakes) But I thought of you as well (for minor ones as your English is very good) Mainly because sometimes you have asked us to read your writing to see if it sounds "correct".

Apparently its been around for some time but this is the even better brighter version. I will find out the name of it if you want. I have put it away at work.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby LilMaibe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Naw, no worries :D I have me betareaders for the grammatical genocide.
Though I am a bit offended that you think of me because of bad grammar >_>
LilMaibe

Postby Del » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 pm

No no.... Personally I think you have better English than alot of us who learnt English on our mothers knee. :D

Not just you either. I would never pick most of our forum members from 'forn parts by the way they post here.

Well... with the exception of some the ACTUAL English ones... they are a bit hard to understand at times. :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby LilMaibe » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:38 pm

you should hear me speaking german >_>
LilMaibe

Return to The Broken Drum