Its Over!... Kinda... Mostly...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Its Over!... Kinda... Mostly...

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Talking about greek cheese - how about things like stuffed peppers and moussaka if M likes her veggies, rice and a bit of pastry? Filo cheese pastries are lovely as well and how about things like vegetable samosas and spring rolls or tortilla wraps. And lovely fruit pies and strudel too - if she loves lemons you could do Tarte au Citron which is loaded with calories and yummy as well. Profiteroles too - lovely and creamy and you don't HAVE to have the choccy sauce... :shock: :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Kin Arad » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Del, I am so sorry to hear what you and your children have been through, reading this thread makes me want to cry :cry:
I'm glad things are getting better :)
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Del » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks Kin. Its been a bit of a trial (bo-dom-tish!)

I have to admit I put off doing an update on things here for awhile (as I said some members of the forum knew and some had inklings) so I felt I HAD to post. I just didn't want to have to go over it all again and it seemed so involved and I didn't want to bore anyone. But its been cathat... cathaaar.... GOOD in hindsight.

Its getting so much better day by day. For everyone. Lots of stuff still happening and will for a while and things to deal with (like fattening up Morgan). I spent a whole week eating everything in sight :o so unlike me. I was determined to blow up as big as a house, but thats all back to normal and I am just enjoying food again, instead of "having to eat". Nom nom nom. :D

Its all going to be okay :D I have material ! :D And I know how to use it! :lol:

Jan that lemony pie looks perfect. Not too sweet and ... lemony! Its hard to get her to eat sweets if ever. Yeah really sour tarts and stuff like that might work. She hates peppers. Thats Haydens daily fix. Has to have a pepper a day. Morgan is more likely to eat her veggies raw (well not potatoes and sweet potato)

She loves Philadephia cream cheese too. Shove some of that in celery. I get her Subway.. she likes the bread on that and loaded up with avocado and ranch dressing.

I know it sounds like I am grabbing at straws (a little bit of dressing, a little bit of cheese).... but every little fat calorie added in is a bonus right now. And she is up for it. But with the other stuff she is dealing with I don't want to make food the "issue" or make it AN issue, or make it a chore. Just add the calories where they can be added.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Quatermass » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Cathartic, Del. ;)

Hope everything goes well for your family now. And that, by the way, is me being uncharacteristically optimistic.

Here's a funny video to cheer you up: the antics of Mike and Dave, members of Civil Protection...

"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:31 pm

:lol:

I know its not the same guy, buy mike sounds like Simmons from Red Vs Blue.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Quatermass » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:04 am

raptornx01 wrote::lol:

I know its not the same guy, buy mike sounds like Simmons from Red Vs Blue.

Mike is played by Ross Scott, who also does Freeman's Mind. :)
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Del?

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Del » Tue May 01, 2012 11:05 am

Q?
Del

Postby Del » Tue May 01, 2012 11:05 am

Loooooooooooved Civil Protection :lol: Made me lol.
Del

Postby meerkat » Tue May 01, 2012 11:10 am

So glad you two have located each other! :lol:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Del » Tue May 01, 2012 11:39 am

Where is he? What was the question? Did I do something? What did I do? Huh? Huh? :?
Del

Postby raptornx01 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 am

I hate you, Q. because of you i spent most of the weekend marathoning Freeman's mind (well, mostly. up to ep 34 so far) i hadn't seen it before.

(or should i be thanking you?)
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby meerkat » Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 am

It was something like
"D?"
"Q? "

All we needed was someone called Jimbo Bond and the set up would have been complete!

Told you today would be interesting! ;)
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue May 01, 2012 12:12 pm

eM? :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby meerkat » Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm

:D
meerkat

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum